[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why have Muslims been unable to get their shit together for the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8
File: 1454375153303.jpg (176 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1454375153303.jpg
176 KB, 1024x576
Why have Muslims been unable to get their shit together for the past 3 centuries or so?
>>
File: Guns-Germs-and-Steel-290275.jpg (24 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Guns-Germs-and-Steel-290275.jpg
24 KB, 250x250
>>812791
>>
persistent lack of security preventing economic development
>>
Colonialism, despotic secular leaders, Western foreign policy, etc.
>>
>>812806
I believe that this book has been proven to be a meme
>>
File: 1449429441956.jpg (216 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
1449429441956.jpg
216 KB, 1000x800
>>812791
Because the Islamic golden age is a lie and really just copy paste or translating greek stuff.
The history of islamic expansion is one of conquer and making everything decline.
Islam is good at making people war machines but that's about it.
>>
>>812813
this is a site for memes
>>
File: 1445915310177.jpg (127 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1445915310177.jpg
127 KB, 800x600
Europeans discovered New World while Middle East had the misfortune of being invaded and utterly rekt by Mongol hordes and then taken over by various Turkic dynasties.

The Silk Road, which was the economic lifeblood of the Islamic world, became obsolete with the discovery of the New World, the Southern passage, and the rise of Spain and France and later Britain.

By the time the Islamic world recovered from the Mongoling and Turkening, the Europeans had a huge economic and financial head start thanks to their New World colonies and were able to dominate trade routes to Asia, take over older Islamic trade routes in the Indian ocean, and eventually start colonizing the Islamic world itself by the 18th century (beginning with Mughal India and parts of the Persian Gulf).
>>
>>812821

>that retarded picture

You do realize that the Dome of the Rock was built at least 500 years before construction even started on that European cathedral, don't you?
>>
>>812821
>golden age building has golden top
>dark age building looks a bit dark
makes sense to me
>>
>>812836
it was built during the islamic golden age
the dome was built during the dark ages
that was the point of the picture
nothing else
thanks for the insult though
>>
>>812791
I detect someone jelly of a Saudi Prince
>>
>>812852

>it was built during the islamic golden age

No, it wasn't. The Dome of the Rock was built during the Ummayyad Empire in the 7th century. The Islamic Golden Age began during the Abbasid dynasty which succeeded the Ummayyad Empire.

You're a retard.
>>
>>812831
People forget the Mongoling and Turkening. Most of the central Muslim world was ravaged by madmen for like 200 solid years, and then their descendants were institutionalized as shit disturbing nutcases.
>>
>>812852

All the picture does is show that it took 500 years for European Christians to catch up to Arab Muslims in terms of architecture.

Nice point going off topic with your shitty meme pictures though.
>>
>>812860
The saudis ate the worst thing to happen to islam I mean everyone is a bit degenerate but these fuckers go overboard also they try to turn mecca into a tourist trap by destroying all historical buildings and putting abominations in their place.
>>
File: 4765758.png (3 MB, 1186x947) Image search: [Google]
4765758.png
3 MB, 1186x947
They were. Then Europe thought it was a good idea to destroy the Ottoman empire. And now they wonder why the Wahhabi's, who were enemies of the Ottomans are shitting up the place. The same Wahhabi they helped fight against the Ottomans.

Long story short: The answer is always the eternal anglo.
>>
>>813255
Europe didn't want Ottoman Empire to fall.
>>
>>813255
Forgot link

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanzimat

>>813264
What alternative history did you learn?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_Eastern_theatre_of_World_War_I
>>
File: exude4.jpg (947 KB, 8496x6720) Image search: [Google]
exude4.jpg
947 KB, 8496x6720
>>812806
>the ottoman empire never had guns, germs or steel
>>
>>813274
Fuck, you're right.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sykes%E2%80%93Picot_Agreement

Holy shit.
>>
>>813255
Sort of makes sense why Turkey is such a huge dick to Syria nowadays.
>>
>>813291
>>813296
5 million casualties out of a 15 million population.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_Eastern_theatre_of_World_War_I#Casualties

Seriously If i was some sort of leader of Turkey I would be pissed too.

>Be Turkey
>Fight Wahabism https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottoman%E2%80%93Wahhabi_War
>Eternal anglo shows up and liberates them
>lose 30% of your population
>eternal anglo creates these shitty artificial arab countries all over the place
>100 years later
>wahabis (isis) take control of syria
>wahhh turkey it's all your fault!

I seriously support Turkey annexing Syria. It's rightful Turkish clay.
>>
>>812811
>the westerners are to blame!
Sure thing, Ahmed. Never mind that the muslims have been behaving like apes since... always. And they are still going strong today.
I am wondering what made them so violent. On one hand I think it's the quran since there are muslims even today that are killing other muslims because of some stupid shit allah said. But the christians have also waged crusades and killed and persecuted other people from their own countries or a few countries over in the name of god, so that can't be all there is to it.
>>
File: 1429405920748.png (333 KB, 749x589) Image search: [Google]
1429405920748.png
333 KB, 749x589
>>812791
>MONGED.COM
>>
>>813396
Ottoman Empire came to be after the mongolian invasion. I'd say it was the new trade routes that fucked muslims up.
>>
>>813274
>>813264
>>813291
>>813337

But the European powers didn't want the Ottoman Empire to fall, prior to WW1. British foreign policy and later austrian/russian foreign policy was centered around keeping the Ottoman Empire's shit together but the course of WW1(the need for a devastating result) changed that.
>>
>>812791
Well shit has been going wrong since the mongol invasions.

>golden age ends
>crusades begin
>christians get expelled
>mongols invade
>muslim world's core area falls apart
>ottomans become a thing
>sort of second golden age begins
>ottomans decline
>muslim areas are getting colonized left and right and the balkans are lost
>ottomans are finally getting their shit together
>WW 1 happens
>ottomans fall apart and saudis become new muslim hegemon due to oil money
>saudis export their retarded version of the faith worldwide
>the whole world does proxy wars in the middle east to this day

Its just whenever things are settling down something bad happens basically they can't catch a break and this causes muslims not to be educated which causes more trouble.
>>
>>813500
Euroepan powers didn't want Austria-Hungary to fall before WW1 either duh.
>>
>>812791

Same reason europe has fell behind america and america is losing ground to china. Its the 3 generation problem but on a ethno-state level.
>>
>>812872
>literally a box with a ball on top
Oh glorious Arabian architecture
However, I would argue that the Christians were quite slow with architecture compared to superior ancient Rome for example.
>>
>>813550
cringe
>>
>>813558
and why is that
>>
>>812791
Inbreeding.
The average IQ of Muslim countries hovers around 80-90 because there's no taboo or law preventing people from marrying their cousins, spouses, or their own children.
Sprinkle in Islamic dogma and you have the greatest retrograding force to ever face humanity.
>>
>>813572
>here's no taboo or law preventing people from marrying their cousins
True

>spouses
Every1 u marry with is ur spouse u dip

>their own children
stop
>>
>>813550
Absolutely terrible. Please leave, read a book, and come back with something new
>>
Islam is in its Dark Ages, the fall of the Ottoman Empire is analogous to the fall of the Roman Empire in the West
>>
>>813530
Yeah, as soon as an opportunity for land-grabbing was possible the Great Powers stopped caring about "stability" or "balance of power".
>>
>>812836
>>812821
>>812849

Lol, Dome of the Rock wasn't even built by Muslims. It was built by Byzantine engineers and craftsmen commissioned by the Caliph.
>>
>>813255
>Then Europe thought it was a good idea to destroy the Ottoman empire

During its last century, the Ottoman Empire existed only because it was propped up by Western powers.
>>
>>813521
Slavs' history is also one of continuous invasions. This includes also crusaders (Teutons) and Mongol. And Hitler plus Stalin. Yet, Slavs could put their shit together and achieve great things. Somehow Muslims couldn't, so they play the blame others game.
>>
>>812791
Ottomans were pretty based

Hashemites are eternally based

Qajar and Pahlavi dynasties were okay I guess

Mughal Empire was neat
>>
>>813822
Muslims did achieve great things. They aren't anymore, but it's not true that they never prospered.
>>
>>812791
Well I mean relative to anyone but Europeans they have had their shift together, recently the eastern Asians have been outpacing them significantly
>>
>>813879
>relative to anyone but Europeans
>China's prosperity at the time had 1/3rd of the world's population
>>
>>813892
True but I don't think population = success. I mean do we consider Nigeria to be successful. And China by the 18th century began to stagnate.
>>
>>813902
You're a fool, newfriend senpai.

Economically at the time, China was very successful. The name of tea is from chai, derived from China. It was a luxury beverage at the time, and as a beverage is second only to water in popularity.

You live like a fish in water, unable to fathom your environment. And what I described only scratches the surface of China's shadow influence. What was that well known instance of guerilla warfare that Americans did versus the British? Think about it.
>>
>>813935
So? Coffee comes from Ethiopia and do does its name. I believe nobody argues that Ethiopia was ever one of the most successful societies.
>>
>>813935
Yes China was extremely wealthy and I will not fight that, but politically and militarilly it was not the same relative to Europeans by the 18th century. I was wrong to imply that the Muslims were better off than the Chinese at this time. Also realize that stagnation is far more common in the world than progression most of history is made up of stagnation.
>>
>>813953
zzz

>>813959
There. And yes, the Manchus were idiots, wasting China's riches (the emperor alone received more food in a month than a village would receive in a year), wasting the military to settle scores with their rivals. Now the thread can continue its course.
>>
>>813968
I agree let's not change the subject anymore and no one is going to defend later Manchu monarchs
>>
>>813343
>westerners did nothing wrong!
>they never put their noses in countries where they were not invited!
>we bring civilization and peace!

How fucking alienated are you.
>>
>>813811
>muslims couldn't even build that
kek'ed
>>
>>813973
he fucking pointed that out in his critique on the crusades. fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>813343
The West literally Jewed their way into colonizing places like Egypt, Turkey, and Iran by throwing ridiculous loans at monarchs who wanted to modernize
Instead of helping them and creating new allies, they sent debt collectors to run their economies and bought up entire industries in any given state. Iran was turned into a Britain's petrol station, Egypt into a giant cotton farm.
I won't go all le ebil vesterners because these actions were ultimately in their interest as imperial powers, but it did end up stunting the development of once-relevant empires and opening the door for Islam to vie for authority with the crown. You can't ignore Europe's role in crafting the modern politics of the "Islamic" world. They're still butthurt about it, hence the eternal jihad.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.