[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does it mean to 'exist'?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: hqdefault.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
What does it mean to 'exist'?
>>
What is the difference between "being" as a noun and "being" as a verb?
>>
>>808272
from an epistemological standpoint, a 'being' is a physical entity.
>>
>>808272
I'm not trying to be funny, but you will get an extremely accurate and comprehensive answer to that question by looking up 'being' in a dictionary.
>>
>>808265

Division Bell worst album
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bSgjYv9Seo

This man cannot describe it better.
>>
wouldnt know what that is and dont care, someone else elsewhere is living my life for me
>>
>>808265

Is that Dave Gilmour?
>>
>>808309
Excuse us?
>>
>>809483
Yes
>>
>>808272
One is a Substantive, the other is a Gerund.

Substantive: We are all Beings of Light
Gerund: It's not about Feeling it, it's about Being it.

This is just grammar. ~
>>
>>811833
Actually the example for the gerund was shit, disregard that I suck cocks etc.

Maybe something like:
There's the Doing of an action, and the Being of a thing.
>>
>>808272
Noun
>anon is a living breathing being

Verb
>anon is being a faggot.
>>
>>808265
To perceive and formulate a construct of reality.
>>
>>808265
To feel
>>
>>808265

exist in my thought means to be self aware.

I think therefore I am

But one must look deeper. Say if you are asleep or dreaming are you still existing? Or if a tree falls into a ground and nobody notices. Does that tree still exist?
>>
>>808265

you're a clump of matter organizing itself
>>
Existence is hypostasis. It is the underlying support of being.

>>808272
Nothing. I AM, etc. To be God, and the being God, is the same, just different grammar.
>>
To exist means to have a meaning.
>>
>>808265
to be mathematical. every scientist will tell you this.
>>
File: 500.jpg (59 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
500.jpg
59 KB, 500x375
>>808265
TICKING AWAY THE MOMENTS MAKE UP THE DULL DAY
>>
>>808265
>>
>>808496
You can't be a modern progressive rock band without sampling Alan Watts
>>
>>808265
The sensation of existing is found within the subject-object. The subject being "I" the object being whatever the "I" is focusing on - whether that be an objective object (table, bell) or a subjective object (sensation, emotion, thought) one can only focus on one thing at a time. With further experience one should find that the "I" doesn't exist at all, but only the object. That is - the sense of existing is felt only in term of the object in focus. Also, saged.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.