[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Grow up with atheist parents >Major in Philosophy >Take
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7
File: stark4.jpg (158 KB, 543x419) Image search: [Google]
stark4.jpg
158 KB, 543x419
>Grow up with atheist parents
>Major in Philosophy
>Take drugs in college
>start being a Belieber

but now this shit has a hold on me like a jehovahs witness

Please, people who grew up in religious households, how did you eventually shake this shit off? how to disillusion religion?
>>
Is this bait, or are you serious about wanting to forget God?
>>
Try to remember the Euphoric times when you could revel in degeneracy, weed smoke and hedonism and know in your heart that no God will judge you for Man is his own master of Fate
>>
File: 1448926985594.png (434 KB, 1449x1879) Image search: [Google]
1448926985594.png
434 KB, 1449x1879
>>800678
Excuse me OP, but how is this causing you problems? Is it limiting you in any way?
How did you become religious without clearly wanting to become one? Did something happen?
>>
>>800678
Keep believing until you know the living God.
>>
>>800688
God != Fate because many religions of god/or gods died, and all modern religions will be died in future in replace with new religions. Even every God (in complex view of faith of humans onto Earth) have their fate and can't change it.
Just river of time.
Also do not believing in God, not mean not believing in Fate.
>>
File: 9kjRn0RF.png (559 KB, 498x497) Image search: [Google]
9kjRn0RF.png
559 KB, 498x497
If there would be a God, almighty, who created everything in the universe, forseen all and predicted all, why WHY would he interact with human lives at all?

Especially when the undoubtedly golden era in which we live now is possible only because we forbid religion and started discovering world around us through pure science? Why would he then make up a book with rules that fucks that up? Why would he make up a set of rules that man has to follow each day, that take up his precious time? Why would he have the need for people to worship him, to even know about him? Why would people in different corners of the world follow completely different religion? Why would following the right religion be limited by where you are born?

Either God is a retard not worth worshipping, or all religion are just man-made.

I'm not saying he doesn't exist, he can. What i'm saying is that all religions are shit. You can still keep talking to him, think about him and shit, but stop whatever bullshit practice you are following, its just some crap old guy made up thousands of years ago to keep plebians in check.
>>
>>800728
It's an excellent question, and it requires a true understanding that God is a relational being, even within Himself.

God desired relationships with people, so He made people, and gave them the choice to live with Him, or rebel against Him. And the power to do either.

The book of rules is intended to convey the truth; that you cannot be like God by your attempting to follow the Law, by using your knowledge of good and evil. There is more to God than just that. And even that surpasses us.

God wants things; God does not need things.

As religions are man-made systems of bondage, I would discourage placing yourself under any bondage, and instead introduce yourself to the living God. I say introduce for your sake; He knew you from before He made the world.
>>
>>800743
I don't really know what are you trying to say, in the third line you justify the existence of Bible/Qa-ran/whatever in the fifth line you say following rules written in them are shit.
>>
>>800767
>Why would he make up a set of rules that man has to follow each day, that take up his precious time?

That's not the reason for the book.

The reason for the book is to tell you that this is not some kind of golden age for mankind, but is in fact very nearly hell on earth. Literally.
>>
>>800776
Here comes the point where i start doubting seriousness of everything you said
>>
>>800678
There is no evidence for god.
There are no predictions in thus far useful models and theories that would point to god.

There is ultimately no falsifiable hypothesis (A hypothesis that yields differing results depending on whether the test is true or false) for god.
Any attempt to prove god goes beyond what humans can rationally claim to know and becomes increasingly vague until god has been hammered and forged into a fine point of unfalsifiable irrefutability and is indistinguishable from either all of existance or a single particle.

And a falsifiable hypothesis is probably the most useful method for gaining "knowledge" in a skeptical fashion we currently have available since humans are fallible in their reasoning.
If it is dismissed out of hand then all manner of absurd conclusions can be drawn with unfalsifiable tests and boldfaced assertions.

With no particular reason to believe in god all you need is a spark of real doubt in whatever is causing you to believe there is one.
>>
>>800786
You can doubt it now, but you will remember it later. I'm that guy.

I'm that guy people wished they would have listened to, before it was too late.
>>
>>800678
Which philosophical works have you been reading?

Which religious works?

Which atheist works?
>>
File: 1457293899762.jpg (93 KB, 890x790) Image search: [Google]
1457293899762.jpg
93 KB, 890x790
>>800678
You crave discipline and structure.

God is love for all life, and everything that enables it. Nothing and nobody can give this to you, it must be cultivated and protected within.

Spirituality, or religious beliefs, are at their core universal to all people. They are also known as morals, your conscious, ethics and common sense.

Beyond that, modern science has replaced the need for religious fundamentalism. We now have the means to protect ourselves using technology instead of strict orthodoxy.

My biggest struggle is not having a religion to identify with. I love the old ones, like Zoroastrianism and Hinduism, and I love the Egyptian and Greek Pantheistic Gods, but I don't feel that any of it is relevant anymore.

The only thing I truly know is that I know nothing truly, It's like grabbing for tits in the dark, the fun is in the search.
>>
File: Religion threads.png (137 KB, 1010x274) Image search: [Google]
Religion threads.png
137 KB, 1010x274
>>800678
>>
File: 1427514026986[1].jpg (964 KB, 1273x955) Image search: [Google]
1427514026986[1].jpg
964 KB, 1273x955
>>800802
>You can doubt it now, but you will remember it later. I'm that guy.
>I'm that guy people wished they would have listened to, before it was too late.
>>
File: 1457212012819.jpg (64 KB, 570x587) Image search: [Google]
1457212012819.jpg
64 KB, 570x587
>>800678
>"major" in philosophy
>still can't see the ontology beyond labe
>"how to disillusion religion"
>>
>>803382
How does only following the non-theological aspects of a religion make someone a theist?
>>
>>800678
read about broader concepts
>inb4 "what could be broader than something I defined as omnipotent?!"
>>
Well, what is your current reasoning behind believing in a god? Also, what manner of god do you believe in?
>>
purchase a fedora
>>
>>800678
>Major in philosophy
>destroy what little mind there was with drugs
>now a magic man in the clouds """talks""" to him
Top bait
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.