[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So they say that Satan is very deceiving. So what if he deceived
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: satan.jpg (9 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
satan.jpg
9 KB, 300x168
So they say that Satan is very deceiving. So what if he deceived all of humanity by writing the bible and pretending to be God? What if the real God's plan was to stay secret until after death to bring everyone to hell, which is the actual place of paradise, but because Satan has deceived us, he tells us we want to go to heaven, which is actually a place of torture?
>>
yeah dude. WHAT IF
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 266x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 266x300
>>
>>798801
How do people explain tnat part about nonchristian virteous people going to hell anyway?
>>
>>799322
God so loved the world that he created a place where he isn't, this is where the People that don't want be with God go, and because God isn't there it's a naturally terrible place to live.
God is the greatest good, to not want to love Gold is to desire to love that which ephemeral and course. To not love God is to love sin and sin separates us from god. God cannot become sinful, so in order for us to be with God we must be cleansed of our sin.
>>
>>798801
Descartes more or less handles with this possibility.

He also fittingly disposes of it rather quickly.
>>
>>799592

What a wonderfully simplistic view of life. I wish I could have a brain that could handle all the obvious contradictions that come with it
>>
>>799592
But why send them to hell? An eternity of suffering seems to be pretty hard for someone that lived a good life but without God.
>>
>>799622
You don't understand, the sinners prefer hell. They think it's good, they actively seek it out. They don't want to love God so they prefer a place where he is not. This place to which we call hell is a terrible place BECAUSE God is not there.
>>
>>801847
What about burning and darkness and stuff like that?
>>
>>799615
What contradictions? Please elaborate.
>>
>>799592
>God so loved the world that he created a place where he isn't, this is where the People that don't want be with God go
Everyone outside the Orthodox Church has such an absurd view of hell, I can't even understand it. If existence God's active sustaining of something, you can't exist somewhere where God "isn't". How the heck could an infinitive God not be somewhere, anyway?
>>
>>801857
The torment a person will bear in hell is unimaginable, likewise the joys of heaven are unimaginable. As for the fire and darkness; I wouldn't be surprised if that was because Satan and all his demons will be there. Imagine putting all the worst people in the world in one room. There's bound to be someone in that room who wants vengeance.
>>
>>801859

Love and eternal torture don't contradict each other at all? And what about an entity that us supposed to be all wise, all knowing, all about understanding and the deepest wisdom, while at the same time being completely petty and jealous, and judgemental to the extreme, never taking into consideration any circumstances outside of a person who supposedly 'sinned'?

And those are just the most obvious ones.
>>
>>801896

>The torment a person will bear in hell is unimaginable, likewise the joys of heaven are unimaginable.

Except that you can't have one without the other. Joy is completely meaningless without sorrow.
>>
>>801847

Can people in hell change their minds and find God and go to heaven? It seems kinda weird that Satan, in heaven, had the choice of leaving heaven, but souls in hell do not have the reverse option.
>>
>>801897
See
>>801896
>>801847

Also why do you think God is petty?

As for jealousy; there's no contradiction. God creates a whole universe so that it's inhabitants may love him and then they worship their own minor accomplishments?
Totally justified.

As far as I can tell the patience that God practices on the earth far exceeds any human patience. How many more infants have to die by abortion before you believe that judgement must come?
>>
>>799622
>>801857
>>801885

A catholic nun had visiones of hell, purgatory and heaven. Her visions are recognized by the catholic church:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5Yv3wAP84g [Embed]

pic not related
>>
>>801910
Why do you think that joy requires sorrow? Because it always has on earth?

I said that heaven will be unimaginable. That means you cannot imagine it. It's ineffable.

>>801943
It's impossible for a person in hell to change their mind because God is not in hell. There's nothing to remind them of God's goodness.
>>
>>801943
>It seems kinda weird that Satan, in heaven, had the choice of leaving heaven
When did he had the choice to do so?
Also, people kinda forget how God doesn't always forgive people. Cain killed Abel, he didn't receive forgiveness. Adam, after eating the forbidden fruit, had the same fate. In Adam's whole live, he never step on Eden again, which is a clearly indication that God will not forgive people if their sin is beyond the line(whatever it is) that God created. Going by that. if in your whole live you didn't want God, why should he forgive you after going to hell?
>>
>>801910
>Joy is completely meaningless without sorrow
But you know what is sorrow. For that you have lived a live with both feelings.
>>
>>799322
If you reject you go to hell.
If you believe in him, you don't go to hell, but you aren't going to heaven.
If you believe and accept Jesus your good.
If you never knew him, you're not going to hell.

Doesnt matter if you did good or not. You gotta take one of the things above
>>
>>805094
Mind if I ask what Christian sect you belong to?
Protestant, Catholic, orthodox or something else?
>>
>>805094
Wouldn't it be smarter to remove every single mention of him as to save as many people from hell as possible?
>>
>>805215
It is better to try than to never tried at all.
In the end it boils down to a person choosing their own faith.

>>805182
Protestant
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.