[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You get sent back in time. The Roman emperor's chariot goes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: tumblr_mg8oj4KvJ31qgu2gyo2_500.gif (1024 KB, 500x220) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mg8oj4KvJ31qgu2gyo2_500.gif
1024 KB, 500x220
You get sent back in time. The Roman emperor's chariot goes past and the emperor is one of those crazy ones who kills people for the bants.

Luckily his smartest advisers are with him. They are the smartest Romans alive. If you impress them then they'll tell the emperor to spare you. You have 60 seconds to impress them with your 2000 year advantage but they have to find it believable. What do?

Normal mode: You speak Latin and have a stick to write in the sand.

Hard mode: You can't speak Latin and you have a stick to write in the sand.

Extreme Hard Mode: You can't speak Latin and have nothing to write with.
>>
Draw may waifu in the sand.
The will be so awestruck that I will be given a Triumphal return to Rome.
>>
>>797954
>Hard Mode

Draw a map of the Mediterranean (a very basic but recognizable design that they could understand it to be).

Using Christianity as an example, whether or not it's actually happened yet, use symbols to display the spread of a cultural ideal throughout the Empire, complemented by charts to show the conflict between the different levels of Roman society and how it contributes to said idea's spread.
>>
How familiar were the Romans with algebra?
>>
>>797979
Literally retarded.

>>797954
Arabic numerals (of course I'd call them American numerals, from a faraway land across the ocean) and double entry bookkeeping should get those oil chugging madmen hopping with glee.
>>
File: what now.png (7 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
what now.png
7 KB, 260x194
>>797954
I sharpen the stick and throw it through the Emperor's eye

then I run away yelling BAR BAR BAR BAR BAR
>>
>>797995

There is a famous monument of theirs which was slowly falling over for years and years because it was made by someone who failed at geometry, does that answer your question?
>>
File: thumb.jpg (85 KB, 1300x866) Image search: [Google]
thumb.jpg
85 KB, 1300x866
>>797954
>Extreme Hard Mode
I do pic related
>>
>>797954
Extreme hard mode? Easy

First I put my arms out in front, palms facing outwards, and interlock my arms; gripping my hands together.

Then I rotate my gripped hands towards me so that my pinkies brush my chest before facing upwards. I push with my forearms so that a space appears between them.

I squeeze my head through this hole; awaiting applause.
>>
>>797995
Not at all.

>>797954
>Normal mode
I would probably just do an easy math problem that hadn't been solved yet/thought about, like 3 houses 3 utilities is not planar or the bridges of Konigsberg

>Hard mode
I might draw a model of the earth, sun and moon, or a picture proof of the Pythagorean theorem. It wouldn't be super innovative, but maybe the advisers would see that I'm educated and not kill me.

>Extreme hard mode
I would teach the Emperor the chicken dance.

I would probably get awarded the grass crown on the spot tbqh.
>>
Shot in the dark, but I could try to sing a song.

I'm a decent singer, and if I'm lucky the language barrier won't matter much. Perhaps it will display an interesting knowledge of musical theory that will intrigue the advisers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNiie_zmSr8
Maybe Eye in the Sky, simple but fairly catchy melody.

If I survive this encounter I could continue to plagiarize hit songs in the service of the Roman Emperor.
>>
>>798487
>WATCH ME WHIP
>>
>>798487
This made me chuckle because it is also the one idea that would make the crazy emperor not want to kill you. At least the crazy artist ,
>>
>>797954
I draw a crossbow sketch.
>>
I would probably draw Europe or something.
>>
>>797954
Ask him why he's being a munted cunt instead of a full sick cunt, then ask him for a fucken ciggie eh?
>>
>>798487
This could actually work if the emperor in question was Nero
>>
I do some high school algebra or geometry to prove to them that I am at least semi competent in mathematics, I don't know if the Romans knew about angles and shit, I'm pretty sure they had s concept of pi so ill do some circle shit first then do something trickier
>>
>>798433
/thread
>>
>>798796
I LOVE YOU JESUS CHRIST
JESUS CHRIST I LOVE YOU
>>
>>797954
Hope the emperor likes tricking.
>>
>>799492
IT AINT MEEEE
>>
>>798430

Are you retarded

>what are Roman roads
>what are Roman bridges
>what are Roman sewers
>>
Sing Bohemian Rhapsody

With acting
>>
>>798487
>AND YOU SAY HE'S JUST A FRIEND
>AND YOU SAY HE'S JUST A FRIEND
>OH BABY!
>>
>>800089
you do realize that roman roads and sewers were all straight and they would either dig straight through hills or just pave around them with angles right
>>
>>797954
Normal mode: I tell them about the Greek steam engine and a practical use for it and how they can conquer Germania.

Hard mode: I draw an elephant, a pict, and some pyramids and then piss on all of them while blabbering occulta continentis occidentale

Extreme Hard Mode: I show them my wrist watch and start speaking in spanish.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.