[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
was Nazi Germany's economy North Korea tier or superior
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: 1450693819813.jpg (614 KB, 1136x760) Image search: [Google]
1450693819813.jpg
614 KB, 1136x760
was Nazi Germany's economy North Korea tier or superior to our own?
>>
Fucking neither you fucking cunt.
>>
A lot of the economic good that happened after Hitler became Chancellor, were from Weimar Republic reforms.

Deficit spending to build up industry. Would have panned out if they could actually export goods. though war sort of killed that.
>>
>our own
whose own?
>>
>>796750
This
>>
>>797563
Bullshit.
Prove it.
>>
>>796746
The single best thing the natsocs did for the German economy was drop the hyper inflated Weimar currency for a radical "labor" backed currency.

We could go on forever debating the positive and negative effects of their idea, but what you should take from this is that by dropping their old currency for a new one they essentially relieved everyone in their country of debt, traded with other nations via capital barter (trading tractors for wheat, etc bypassing a need for currency exchange).

Bypassing currency exchange allowed them to ignore the global banking embargo on Germany, which without the radical currency reforms, would have most definitely kept the German miracle from ever occurring.
>>
>>796750
So it was neither better or worse?
>>
The Nazi economy was fuled by an unsustainable system.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oeffa_bills
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mefo_bills
The above was the reason why Germany's economy did so well through the 1930s. Guess when the notes expired?
>>
>>797779
>The single best thing the natsocs did for the German economy was drop the hyper inflated Weimar currency
Hyperinflation ended years before the Nazis even got into the Reichstag.
>>
My question is why was there so much technological creativity and development from the NAZI's in such a short period of time? How was this possible?
>>
>>799440
It wasn't really. Germany went from being the center of scientific progress before the nazis to lagging behind the other powers and making a few showey applications.

Rocketry is the only area that Germany demonstrated significant technological achievement ahead of their peers, and it basically was a result of them sinking money into a moneypit.
>>
>>796746
>was Nazi Germany's economy North Korea tier

pretty much. The Weimar republic crippled the economy just to fuck with the allies from WW1 and all Hitler did was uncripple it, so it went from shit, to crap, and everyone thinks hes literally a genius
>>
>>799464
don't mix two things, ww1 and its aftermath, and the depression and its aftermath

the uncrippling for the former had already been done well before hitler - basically at the time schacht took over the bank in the early 20s iirc

however the uncrippling after the latter had also started before the nazis took over, hitler and co. then seemingly boosted the economy but often via unsustainable (or outright illegal, had they been discovered) means
>>
>>799456
>Rocketry is the only area that Germany demonstrated significant technological achievement ahead of their peers, and it basically was a result of them sinking money into a moneypit.
funny thing - it was not even that at first! the german rocket technology was at first very overlooked and relatively underfunded affair

it would take some years before someone in the government went and thought 'yes, ROCKETS is how we will win a war against three superpowers with vastly greater resources and manpower and industrial output!' and poured the money in
>>
I don't know that much about history. Here is something I've always asked myself:

How could Germany be able to get all that technology and military power in such a short amount of time? I mean, they had lost the greatest conflict known to mankind just 20 years before and were left under military and economic sanctions.
>>
>>799472
they disregarded those sanctions
>>
>>799456
You have got to be kidding me.

>>799416
The bills were merely an instrument to circumvent the legal limitations the German government was subjected to by the Versailles. They do not explain why their economy did so well, but merely how the limitations were legally nullified.

>Guess when the notes expired?

>Mefo bills were issued to last for six months initially, but with the provision for indefinite three-month extensions.
>>
>>799481
Disregard sanctions, acquire technology xD
>>
>>799472
Germany was the second most powerful economy in the world in 1913. The war left their soil untouched, and the economy fundamentally strong. When you're one of the world's largest industrial powerhouses, and you spend a decade sinking all your money into military projects, you're going to get a nice army.

The sanctions were fairly irrelevant in most fields. Almost no equipment from the 1920s was still relevant in the 1940s, and those that were were easily replaceable.
>>
>>799486
he is not kidding you, germans never reached the research and development in, well, in most fields really, fields like medicine (penicillin!!!), electronics (virtually everything) or ammunition (VT fuzes!) the allies had during the war

my theory is that people mistake fielding large and powerful tanks (ultimately a failure), as well as fielding largely experimental weaponry (which the enemy also possessed, i.e. jets) out of desperation for having 'superior technology'
>>
>>799505
Then why was Paperclip a thing?

Keep in mind it involved more than rocket scientists.
>>
>>799505
What I don't get it is, why don't the Japanese get credit for shit like biological warfare, amphibious assault ships, and directed energy weapons?
>>
>>799523
because highly qualified humans are a valuable resource

had the roles been reversed the germans would have celebrated an even better haul in operaetion "bueroklammer"
>>
>>799531
Not to mention a valuable resource in the context of direct competition with the soviets.
>>
>>799535
yes that is also a very good point!

the earliest extractions of german scientists were largely focused on the future soviet administered part of the country, e.g. saxony
>>
>>799540
Which also why, again, there's no comparable round up of Japanese scientists. There's no need to, we got them all, except for the ones that couldn't escape Manchuria, and they already were 1,000,000 years gulag.
>>
>>799531
Obviously these scientists had to have more value than just being "highly qualified humans" ie engineers, or else the allies wouldn't have pardoned literal Nazis who were known to openly and actively support the Nazi party and its activities.

So they had to have some sort of knowledge the allies were lacking.

And if they only wanted to deny the Soviets their knowledge then simply getting them into Nuremburg would've been enough to imprison/execute them.
>>
>>799547
Uhm anon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731#After_World_War_II
>>
>>797779
>The single best thing the natsocs did for the German economy was drop the hyper inflated Weimar currency for a radical "labor" backed currency.
That never happened. What the fuck is labor backed currency even supposed to be?
>>
>>799558
Communism.
>>
>>796746
It was literally just authoritarian Keynesianism
>>
File: 1455598981022.jpg (18 KB, 375x411) Image search: [Google]
1455598981022.jpg
18 KB, 375x411
>>797779
>The single best thing the natsocs did for the German economy was drop the hyper inflated Weimar currency
stopped reading there
>>
>>799558
>for every German mark produced one mark of labour must be conducted
>>
>>799553
>obviously

You realize this is the govt were talking about here
>>
File: 1456834458087.jpg (678 KB, 3192x2124) Image search: [Google]
1456834458087.jpg
678 KB, 3192x2124
>>797563
>Were from Weimar era reforms
>>
>>797779
>global banking embargo on Germany,
what is that and how does that works?
who put that embargo?
>>
>>799486
I really can't think of a field apart from rocketry and industrial chemistry that Germany was vastly ahead of its competitors.
>>
>>801388
Literally Jews
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Nazi_boycott_of_1933
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.