[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/his/ redpill me on domestic slavery in the ottoman empire. There
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (544 KB, 1091x821) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
544 KB, 1091x821
/his/ redpill me on domestic slavery in the ottoman empire.
There were yearly thousands of slaves bought and sold from europe to africa so there must have been many customers outside of the royal palace but for what were they mainly used by just the pasha's and their families or was buying slaves also common with the merchant class ? Also pic is unrelated.
>>
>>790375
>those dudes kissing

kek
>>
>>790378
Yeah its a picture celebrating the constitution of 1880 which made homosexuality legal before that it had to be kept secret.
>>
>>790381
Is that why they're chaining that poor woman to that rock?
>>
>>790401
They breaking her chains though
>>
>>790401
Yeah, so she has to look how Turkish male, freed from her dominance get pleasure from other males making her nothing but a womb on legs from now on.
>>
>>790375
I'm curious about the picture? what is the unchained lady supposed to represent? Also their is a single Greek flag in the background?
>>
>>790587
I think she representa the people who are now 'unchained' as they have equal rights now and the greek flag is because even when southern greece got independance greeks were still te biggest minority.
>>
>>790644
Huh. makes sense. Representing a female figure is interesting for the Islamic Turks to use this sort of illustration but it is very common for Europeans to anthropomorphism their nation as a lady. Seems like this was either made by Europeans or a Greek minority.
>>
>>790685
*anthropomorphise
>>
>>790644
Declaration of constitution of 1876 which made ottoman empire a pretty much a european semi democratic constitutional monarchy.
>>
>>790381
The date of the constitution is 1876. Homosexuality was legalised in 1858 in Ottoman Empire.
>>
>>792411
Why? Islam is so anti gay.
>>
>>792438
Christianity is also anti gay yet homosexuality is legal in many christian countries. What is your point?
>>
>>792455

Except Christians cherry pick their religion whereas Islam strictly forbids that kind of interpretation. So if it says homosexuals are bad, they mean it.

Which is why most people in supposedly Islamic democracies suggest that gays be put to death.
>>
>>792469
Age of englihtment affected Ottoman Empire like everywhere else.
>>
File: Al Kindi.jpg (70 KB, 396x477) Image search: [Google]
Al Kindi.jpg
70 KB, 396x477
>>792438
>>792469
This is not the Saudi funded Wahabbi influnced version of Islam of today but the Ottoman Turkish version- which was much more flexible in practice
>>
>>792455
My point is that from what I know homosexuality was illegal in western europe at the time. Europe was more enlightened, so why exactly did the ottomans beat them to it?
>>
>>792482
If thats the case explain ISIS.
>>
File: 1449170585326.jpg (36 KB, 480x527) Image search: [Google]
1449170585326.jpg
36 KB, 480x527
>>792553
>why isn't the middle east ideologically the same as it was in the 19th century
>Ottomans = middle east, ISIS= middle east.."same thing guise.."
Wew
>>
>>792698
Well, you dont see massive conquering theocracies just spring up in europe now do you?
>>
>>790375

>redpill me

Can you get the fuck out?
>>
>>792469
It's not cherry-picking. Every judgement dealing with the material (shari'a) is circumstantial. I don't know the exact circumstances of the time, but death penalty seems too harsh for me.
An example is during a famine, when Umar ibn al Khattab was caliph, he removed the punishment for stealing food.
>>
>>792723
Well, you don't see proxy wars happening all the time in Europe, do you?
>>
>>792553
>If thats the case explain ISIS.
Wow, as if there wasn't some war that took away the Middle Eastern parts of the Ottoman Empire that was in the process of modernizing its shit and said separation and the events that followed plunged it into sectarianism.

The Eternal Anglo sure is magnificent in his ability to blame others.
>>
>>792553
You know ottoman empire fought wars againts wahhabism (ideology of isis) yet eternal anglo supported wahhabis for oil deals and to weaken ottomans right?
>>
>>792469
Kill yourself atheishit
>>
>>790644
>she represents the people
nah she represents the women of the ottoman empire who gained some rights due to >>792403
>>
File: ottoman gay orgy.jpg (50 KB, 460x466) Image search: [Google]
ottoman gay orgy.jpg
50 KB, 460x466
>>792438
Ottos love homos
>>
>>792723
because the Ottoman empire collapsed and Saudi wahabbi ideology took over where Europe remained ideologically progressive?

I expect this kind of idiocy in reddit worldnews but its honestly kind of annoying here
>>
>>792438
Ottomans were shitty muslims.
>>
>>794641
Jeez im so sorry that I dont know the history of some sand dunes.
>>
>>792455
Name a Christian country where homosexuality is legal.
>>
>>799153
MERRICA
FUG YEH
>>
>>799153
Almost everyone.
>>
>>796277
You have to be 18 to post her, kiddo.
>>
>>790375
The ottoman empire looks so advanced for the time. Was it /his/?
>>
>>799755
> implying that most of the ottoman empire wasnt arid or desert
>>
>>790375
this is clearly from 1908 tho
you fucking morons
>>
>>796277
>I'm sorry that I don't know the history of some sand dunes
>/his/, the board for history
Most boards this excuse flies.
This is actually the place where you do have to know if you want to speak up.
>>
>>801119
Not that anon, but I'm new here. I like history but I'm not some kind of history expert though.
>>
>>799241
we da champions
>>
>>802143
Read stuff before you post people here don't like it if you soeak up without knowing your shit or just post something completely retarded till some anon posts an article and read that.
>>
The funny thing about that pic of OP is one of the kissing guys is an imam which is the equivalent of muslim priest.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.