[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What were your favorite history books when you were younger?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: bigCastle.jpg (728 KB, 1451x1200) Image search: [Google]
bigCastle.jpg
728 KB, 1451x1200
What were your favorite history books when you were younger? What books got you into history?

Stephen Biesty's cross-section books were the best.
>>
Susan Wise Bauer's "Story of the World" books.
>>
>>787620
A Chinese children's book which I forgot the name of about the history of ancient Greece.

There were ancient Greeks who used giant flying leather balloon weapons, gigantic mirror ray weapons and super catapults described in this book.

I thought ancient Greek inventors like Archimedes were basically evil geniuses and that's pretty awesome.
>>
http://www.amazon.com/Castle-David-Macaulay/dp/0395329205
>>
OH what is going on in that toilet.
Are those dead bodies being dumped or dudes trying to climb up
>>
>>790848
They're dumping the dead bodies down the poop chute to clog it up, so that the invaders can't climb up the poop chute and get into the castle.
>>
I remember owning a kick-ass book on heraldry as a kid. I'm 26 and I'd still read it now if I had it. Wish I remembered the name of it.
>>
BASED Dorling-Kindersely
>>
File: Cartoon History of the Universe.gif (347 KB, 793x800) Image search: [Google]
Cartoon History of the Universe.gif
347 KB, 793x800
Cartoon History of the Universe my man
>>
>>787620
>cross section drawing of a castle showing the daily life of the people in it

Reminds me of elementary

*sigh*
>>
>>787620
Hendrik van Loon's
Still a favorite
>>
>>787620

Beowulf. I just read normal books and stuff like that because my parents didn't think I was retarded and I didn't need picture books.
>>
I read most of the horrible histories books when I was like 5 or 6. I went back and looked at them the other day. They are really simple, but the nostalgia was amazing.
>>
>>790895
Should have just waited until someome tried amd just had everyone take a shit
>>
File: df man.png (5 KB, 387x276) Image search: [Google]
df man.png
5 KB, 387x276
>>787620
Why are the the inhabitants of the castle putting dead men into the garbage chute?
Why are those men dead in the first place? The castle is not under attack, did they die from a previous attack or from some disease?
Why are there dead people on the battlements (seemingly a guard and a civilian) Were they also killed during a previous assault?
Why are so many people in the castle taking a dump simultaneously?
Why are the inhabitants of the castle moving so much stuff around (chests and rugs)? Why are they covering a doorway with a piece of cloth?
So three men are shitting. One toilet leads to the outside. But the other two lead to some form of fermentation room, what's the reason for that? And why is one guy digging with a shovel in the shit in the fermentation room?
What's up with the guys near the moat? What on earth are they doing? They are obviously not enemies, or they would be shot dead (note the man on the ramparts speaking to them, and the crossbowman near the main gate). Are they poking at the corpses of men from a previous assault? WHY?
If the castle is under siege (is it?) why are there officials at the gate with what looks like valuables in a chest?
Why are almost all the guardsmen SLEEPING?

I demand answers.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.