[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how much of American history regarding blacks do you really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 6
File: WWiSoldiers.jpg (36 KB, 378x298) Image search: [Google]
WWiSoldiers.jpg
36 KB, 378x298
So how much of American history regarding blacks do you really think were hidden? I have heard of some war stories where blacks have been the first to charge in due to being considered "cannon-fodder" around the times of segregation after the abolition of slavery, but are there any big things done by blacks throughout history that truly are overlooked or have the credit given to whites?
>>
I will never fucking understand this American obsession with blacks, they're like what, 15% of the population? That's fucking nothing. Yet somehow all has to be about them and they're constantly the focus of fucking everything.

I mean compare this to Russia, where about the same percentage of people is muslim, but you never hear Russians talk about hidden muslim history, cram token muslims into their movies, commercials and music and just be fucking obsessed with them to no end.
>>
>>787065
I have a Russian friend who won't stop talking about Chechens. To be fair, he believes in crazy conspiracy theories about them and Vladislav Surkov
>>
>>787065
Americans are all about representation. Be it in government or in media. If they aren't represented they will revolt either militarily socially or politically.
>>
>>787073
But you won't see them trying to overrepresent Asians or Latinos in the media, even though the Hispanic population in the US is MASSIVE. It's literally always the blacks.
>>
>>787065
Muslims have their own history
>>
>>787065
They made up the economic base for a large section of the country, and then we fought a massive and bloody war over them.
>>
>>787088
But that was 150 years ago, the demographics have changed immensely since then.
>>
>>787065
Jews.
>>
>>787083
True but many of the Latinos in America get their own representation. There are tons of Spanish language channels that they watch instead of English channels. Just because you don't pay attention to them doesn't mean they don't exist
>>
>>787065

Whites are terrified of blacks, that's it plain and simple.
>>
>>787099
Why aren't Jews pushing Hispanics then? There's much much more Hispanics in the US than there are blacks.
>>
>>787065
12.61% as of 2013, and plummeting actually.

Given that our media is quite literally owned by Israeli's, a better question is "Why are Israeli's so obsessed with Blacks?"
>>
>>787094
It was an important part of our history, and it still shapes the collective national memory.

150 years is really not very long.
>>
>>787065
It's because they're known as the most discriminated against and oppressed minority throughout all of American history from the time of its inception until even beyond when slavery was abolished. Even in the 1900s they still got lynched and were treated worse than prisoners while working in the military.

The way they were treated is basically a big permanent stain of irony from the country that was established for the sake of avoiding oppression from British royalty. Biggest mistake in American history was compromising with slave-owners, because now slavery is abolished and we're living int he age of white guilt and race-baiting.
>>
>>787105
Because blacks are much more easier to exploit.
>>
>>787105
Because it isn't the Jews.
>>
Okay I don't want to be the one to bring up the bogeyman but goddamn what do the jews have to do with anything? This whole thread is a pollack farce
>>
>>787124
Jews are pretty overrepresented in American media and business, anon.
>>
>>787129
And blacks are overrepresented in media. Is there a black conspiracy too?
>>
>>787124
Agreed. Nobody's even responded to the purpose of the thread.
>>
File: 1457089845384.png (1 MB, 896x2622) Image search: [Google]
1457089845384.png
1 MB, 896x2622
>>
File: meatward.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
meatward.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>787143
>Kang and Shield people
>>
>>787134
Yeah but Jews are really, really overrepresented.

I don't think there's any organized conspiracy but I do think they exert disproportionate influence as an ethnic group.
>>
>>787140
To be fair this is kinda retarded topic. If there was a hidden history how would anybody know about it and what would stop anybody from refuting any claims as wewuzian speculation
>>
>>787134
Yes, there is. Every group is conspiring against every other group. The only difference is that some groups can be more open about their conspiring and it's politically correct to accept the conspiring of others.

I legitimately do not understand how you can say with a straight face "People in groups do not work together for their common benefit".

>>787124
Media over represents blacks, Jews are hilariously over represented amongst media CEOs, ergo Jewish media CEOs have some hand in this (or so the logic goes).
>>
>>787143
>otot bimak

Lel
>>
>>787152
Okay so why would the jews help out the blacks? Minority solidarity? Reptilian parasitisme?
>>
>>787179
I don't think they're pushing black people in the media or anything. I just explaining why it looks to a lot of people like they control everything.

/pol/tards will tell you it's because they want to destroy muh pure aryan blood or whatever and then link you that Barbra Spectre video.
>>
>>787101
So they're terrified and this somehow results in overrepresentation? That doesn't really make sense.
>>
>>787036
>blacks
>actual combat roles
>>
>>787179
Jews practiced race mixing since the antique,
>>
>>787204
As did every other race of people ever.
>>
>>787157
In following board rules do you have any facts to support your claim that blacks are overrepresented? Or are you just a butthurt yt that can't stand seeing niggers on the tele?
>>
>>787211
Not him but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CMVLLe91Bs
>>
>>787218
That's not what he's arguing. Blacks in advertising just means all da jobs want them negrobucks and are trying to market directly to the market they want to get at. See every urban McDonald's ad.
>>
>>787211
http://newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/African-Americans-Remain-Overrepresented-3250
>>
>>787197

The race riots from the 1940's to the 1960's showed that it was no longer viable for whites and their establishments to kick blacks around, they were growing in numbers and fighting back in an organized fashion. This scared the fuck out of the establishment eventually leading to a half-assed compromised through the Civil Rights Act. Whites still absolutely hate blacks, but the policy towards them since the 60's have been a mixture of appeasement and reminding them that they're still at the bottom of the caste system.
>>
>>787249
>actually implement legislation that favors blacks over whites
>"half assed compromise"
>>
>>787211
According to the Black Image in the White Mind, out of 1,620 ads observed, 32% had black actors. That's twice the national percentage of blacks.

Additionally, here's two articles by people in the media talking about the subject as well, the first quite delighted in sticking it to Whitey and the second is a little less bigoted albeit with many more specific (yet current) examples.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/29/opinions/doyley-race-and-television/
http://deadline.com/2015/03/tv-pilots-ethnic-casting-trend-backlash-1201386511/

If you had read my post you'd see I only explained the train of thought, I did not endorse it. But given that you didn't think to look into this subject before actually commenting I'm just going to assume the words "Jew" and "Black" hurt your feelings.
>>
>>787253

>actually implement legislation that favors blacks over whites

This is what /pol/tards actually believe
>>
>>787249
>The race riots from the 1940's to the 1960's showed that it was no longer viable for whites and their establishments to kick blacks around,
Citation? Which riots?

>Whites still absolutely hate blacks
If you want to spew racism and bigotry, take it to >>>/pol/

>policy towards them since the 60's have been a mixture of appeasement and reminding them that they're still at the bottom of the caste system.
Again, citation or take it to /pol/
>>
File: boon.jpg (21 KB, 698x672) Image search: [Google]
boon.jpg
21 KB, 698x672
>>787263
>Affirmative Action doesn't exist
>>
>>787263
To /pol/tards anything less than white people being the only race on earth is 'muh white genocide'.
>>
>>787273
No, it does not. The U.S. government currently has laws and policies in place explicitly designed to keep Black government workers below a certain percentage.
>>
>>787240
>African Americans andAnglo Americans represented 92 percent
Get me a real number
also upn was a network very similar to bet and TVone in that these networks catered to a black audience much like Telemundo focuses on a Hispanic audience
>>
File: blacks.png (71 KB, 1264x443) Image search: [Google]
blacks.png
71 KB, 1264x443
>>787249
> they were growing in numbers

Barely. The population growth was so marginal it's pretty much irrelevant. In fact you can see that the percentage of blacks was LOWER in 1960 than it was in 1910.
>>
File: ehe.png (167 KB, 720x554) Image search: [Google]
ehe.png
167 KB, 720x554
>>787286
You know honestly fuck off. You asked for a source and I actually linked you a reference to a study conducted by one of the most respected universities in the nation instead of some meme /pol/-tier infographic, yet you still go around bitching like a faggot.
>>
>>787094
Black people were legally treated like shit as little as 50 years ago. And not super great until very recently.

I'm not saying it warrants all the hubub now (we will probably go too far the other way), but people on 4chan try to downplay how recent the legal discrimination of blacks was.

My point is it is still very much a contemporary issue this country has yet to figure out how to deal with and handle collectively. And now we have large segments of the population on either side, sounds familiar
>>
>>787249
>organized fashion
Sporadic violence brought on by drugs and bigotry is not an "organized fashion".

As a Gook, I really don't understand your masochism in this regard.
>>
>>787283
Proof?
>>
>>787308
Please tell me you're not that Haitian fucker from yesterday, I've had enough.
>>
>>787036
WE

WUZ

PRESIDENTZ
>>
>>787307
No u. But seriously what number is that? Blacks and whites are 92% of tv? That's like saying straights and gays make up 99% of San Francisco. If you want me to take your point seriously find a source with credible data that isn't clearly misrepresentative.
>>
>>787315
White, center right, Midwesterner.

Not sure why it's considered a radical thought that race is still an open issue in American society. I'm not really for or against either side, just saying it's obvious there is a shit load still to figure out. Whether it's trumpian gas them all or sandersian gib moneys to all, it's still an issue in play.
>>
>>787065

What a bizarre post.
>>
>>787334
Did you read the entire article or your brain just malfunctioned after the second paragraph?
>>
>>787083
Because Asians and Latinos aren't really American culturally, so don't care about American ideals like representation.

Americans (culturally) are all about being heard and seen, that's how I'd sum up American culture.
>>
>>787088
The civil war was hardly over the rights of blacks.
>>
>>787320
>>>/pol/
>>
>>787353
Also, this media overrepresentation severely influenced public perception.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/4435/public-overestimates-us-black-hispanic-populations.aspx

>12.3% of the U.S. population is black
>On average, Americans say that 33% of the U.S. population is black. In fact, a majority of Americans (56%) estimate that the percentage of blacks in this country stands at 30% or higher. As many as 17% of Americans say the percentage of blacks is 50% or greater.

This will be a worthless anecdote, but I was also under the impression that blacks are FAR more numerous in the US when I was a kid.
>>
>>787372
>see someone joking
>>>/pol/
>>
>>787107
>israelis
Jews anon, Jews
Most of them have never been to Israel and were in America since before Israel was a thing (or fled to America during WW2
>>
>>787273

Affirmative Action doesn't help blacks or non-whites, the main beneficiaries of AA is white women and to a lesser extent poor white men.
>>
>>787336
>Trumpian gas them all

You know just because /pol/acks rally behind Trump it doesn't actually mean the guy is on a crusade against blacks.
>>
>>787370
But it was about them nonetheless.

Slavery may not have been the Union's reason for fighting (at least not at first), but it certainly was the Confederacy's.
>>
>>787353
Please enlighten me on what my dead brain missed. All I saw were numbers about what percentage of all blacks on TV were a particular occupation or what kind of show they were on. Besides the part about UPN which was in fact overrepresented by blacks but as I said their primetime lineup was in fact aimed largely at blacks.
>>
>>787124
Because Jews basically control the media, so ultimately choose what angle to play certain issues up, and general have a clear bias... And that's just the media, they are over represented in many other areas, and you'd be a fool to believe they all got their on their own merit

They have gained control of it through serious nepotism and cronyism, which really goes against the whole equal opportunity thing which pisses a lot of people off.
>>
>>787386
>beneficiaries of AA
>poor white men

Laughed out loud
>>
>>787143
>mayor cities
That will never not annoy me
>>
>>787334
>Blacks and whites are 92% of tv? That's like saying straights and gays make up 99% of San Francisco.

Do you think blacks and whites are the only people living in America or something?

>>787361
>Asians and Latinos aren't really American culturally

Really now. Asians are way more culturally similar to whites than blacks are.
>>
>>787282
Now you're being retarded.

If you go on /pol/ you'd see they mostly just want Europe to be left alone to whites and all the race shit in America to calm the fuck down. They could not give less of a fuck about Africa, South America orthe Middle East/Asia. Basically, they just want to be left along and be allowed to enjoy white culture without being called a naxi, which i can appreciate
>>
>>787409
No I was making a point that those two categories should not have been grouped together because it makes for misleading data. If the author gave a percentage for whites and blacks separately say 30 62 or 15 77 then I would be satisfied and agree with the data. As it stands though the data is bad and whoever published that piece clearly has some bias they wish to convey
>>
>>787390
But even then it had nothing to do with them being black.

>>787388
This so much. It's really hard to talk about trump because of this kind of nonsense.
>>
>>787361
But Asians and latinos assimilate extremely well.
>>
>>787386
Epic shitposting my dude.
>>
>>787266

>Present well-known and established facts.
>Muh citations

Get the fuck out of here faggot, next you want to me prove that the Earth revolves around the Sun.

>>787294

>10% of the population
>irrelevant

There's nothing irrelevant about that percentage

>>787309

>Sporadic violence brought on by drugs and bigotry is not an "organized fashion".
>What are the Black Panthers and the NAACP

Violence was crucial for the success of the Civil Rights Movement, despite whatever bullshit the elites drill into kids in their schooling about the evils of violent protests and the only way for change is through peaceful movements. Violence and the threat of it has always been important in the success of any social and political movement.
>>
>>787429
I would imagine black people would too if they weren't put in literal ghettos
>>
>>787440
latinos and asians weren't?
>>
>>787401
>>787434

Well obviously it doesn't help white drop-out NEETS which is the majority of 4chan's demographics
>>
>>787409
>Asians are culturally similar to white
Eh not really.

I mean American Asians sure and they are bitching about not being represented as is the American way, but Asians from Asia? No way.

I'm white and from NZ, when I went to the states I'd say there's not really any more differences between black and white Americans as there was between me and white Americans. I felt a cultural gap between me and white Americans that wasn't there between black and white Americans, whether they realize it or not. For the most part this massive racial divide between Americans feels incredibly manufactured currently.
>>
>>787315
That thread was the first time I could say I was seriously triggered.
>>
>>787444
But I'm asian.
>>
>>787429
By assimilate you really mean are polite and don't commit much crime. Beyond that they aren't very similar first gen.
>>
>>787409

> Asians are way more culturally similar to whites

Asians are in no way shape or form culturally similar to whites. It's like saying that a horse is just like an ox because they both stand on four-legs.
>>
>>787428
Trump is actually the most moderate Republican candidate by far.

>doesn't oppose Planned Parenthood outside of abortions
>is against the US launching into pointless wars and wants to let Putin sort shit out in Syria without America intervening and funding the anti-Assad islamists
>went on record to say that public healthcare works in Europe and Canada
>says that gay marriage is the law of the land and we should respect it (regarding the Kim Davis clusterfuck)

Contrast this to people like Ted Cruz who comes from a circle of radical theonomists who wouldn't mind stoning gays to death or Marco Rubio who is a bona fide Wall Street neocon stooge knee-deep in Saudi Arabia and Israel's ass.

The only reason why Trump is being portrayed as literally Hitler in the media is simple: the elites can't control him and can't buy him. For the matter the same kind of backlash would happen against Bernie Sanders, if Bernie Sanders was actually relevant.
>>
>>787435
The POPULATION CHANGE was irrelevant you illiterate cuckold. The guy I was replying to was pretty much arguing the whites became scared of blacks (lol what) since their population hugely grew in numbers while in reality it remained more or less the same percentage.
>>
>>787462
I'd much prefer Trump to Rubio or Cruz.

I also get the feeling he doesn't actually give a shit about abortions and is just pandering to his audience.
>>
>>787445
Yes, Asian Americans. They're already assimilated by 2nd gen. When I talk to an Asian guy on the phone I can't even tell he's Asian since his accent sounds 100% white, while a black guy will keep talking with his Ebonic twang which is pretty distinct from how we speak.

And that's just speech, I'm not even getting into economic integration.
>>
>>787469

Whites are terrified of blacks, don't kid yourself. And their visibility grew as the country's demand for labor grew, they began competing against whites for jobs and housing, turning white opinion from contempt to fear.

>>787544

The only reasons you don't hear about Asians complaining about racism and discrimination is because white society refuses to acknowledge the fact it exists against Asians and dismiss any claims while simultaneously acting racist against them. The reality is many Asians are discontent over the fact that they're treated like second-class citizens, the non-delusional ones anyways.
>>
>>787036

>So how much of American history regarding blacks do you really think were hidden?

I think if anything theres something of a cottage industry that has sprung up around inflating or conjuring up things whole cloth to pad the account and make it seem more important that it really is (you dont know tedium untill youve read an annales school historiography about the intersectionality of evironmentalism and one or two colored people who just so happened to be in the old 19th century west, for example).
>>
Delaware here, a couple days ago I had to explain to a black girl that blacks weren't the majority in the U.S.
>>
>>787258
>According to the Black Image in the White Mind, out of 1,620 ads observed, 32% had black actors

aren't blacks the largest consumers?
>>
>>787065
whites have always been obsessed with black, you can even see it on here. They cannot go a day without thinking about blacks
>>
>>787036
>are there any big things done by blacks throughout history that truly are overlooked or have the credit given to whites?

No.

Blacks haven't done jack shit since the 1960s so there is no reason to believe they did jack shit prior to the 60s.
>>
>>787065
>I will never fucking understand this American obsession with blacks

The vast majority of White Americans don't give a shit about Blacks, it's Big Media that is constantly bring them up in a continuing effort to balkanize America.
>>
>>787036

The prodigious efforts of the GNAA throughout the entire 20th century have been systematically covered up because of the stigma of both homosexuality and blackness in mainstream American culture up until very recently.

Uphold the anti-zionist and pro-gaynigger agenda today!
>>
>>787839
How old?
>>
>>787036
90% of popular culture
>>
>>787390
Also, your average american didn't know that there are actually blacks serving in confederate army
>>
>>787114
NAACP was created by Jews, idiot.
>>
>>787065
It's because of the Jews.
>>
>>787179
They don't help anyone, it just takes the eyes off of them. White versus black, man versus woman, Muslim versus Christian, they don't have a side, they hate them all. It's called divide and conquer: you get your enemies to kill themselves, while you come in and pick up the pieces. That's why /pol/ is retarded: blacks and Muslims are not the ones destroying our country. There isn't nor has there ever been a black conspiracy against America.

Jews were heavily involved in both the white supremacist groups and the Civil Rights Movement. They just want racial tension. All of the real black leaders (that weren't pushed in the media) personally hated Jews! Look at Marcus Garvey, Malcomb X, and Louis Farrakhan, for instance. They know that all of the talk of equality was Jewish lies. There was no Jewish alliance with black people, not anymore than there was a Jewish alliance with the KKK.
>>
>>787111
This.
Do you really think that equal suffrage was nothing more than opium to hook an easily exploitable voting base?
>>
>>787036
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuskegee_syphilis_experiment

Whoops
>>
>>787375
Its fair to assume they make up more than 15% of the population when they comprise 50% of the crime
>>
>>790150
The NAACP was created by a bunch of people, including a few Jews.
>>
>>787440
They literally were, as was anyone else who wasn't American
>>
>>787839
Did you then explain how large of a percentage they make up of the worlds population?
Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.