[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is humanity irredeemable and without hope? Has the seeking of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
File: 1452227328484.jpg (46 KB, 750x424) Image search: [Google]
1452227328484.jpg
46 KB, 750x424
Is humanity irredeemable and without hope? Has the seeking of comfort through technology doomed us all? Do we need a bottleneck event to revitalize mankind's instinct for survival?

Would that change anything?
>>
avanced space travel will make things exciting again familia
>>
>>780890
>Do we need a bottleneck event to revitalize mankind's instinct for survival?
Go read Engel's Condition of the Working Class in England in 1844. Then any frontline pacific US serviceman's diary. Then realise that the US forces in the pacific had it sweety, buttery and easy.
>>
>>780890
>Is humanity irredeemable and without hope?
We're our own redeemers, so no.

>Has the seeking of comfort through technology doomed us all?
No and you're welcome to become Amish or a monk. Maybe it'll help.

>Do we need a bottleneck event to revitalize mankind's instinct for survival?
Nah. When the time comes we'll find a way.
>>
>>780890
isnt this the plot to Chars Counterattack?
>>
>>780890
be sorry for your sins and praise Jesus Christ the lord
>>
File: 103px-MML3Barrell.png (21 KB, 103x184) Image search: [Google]
103px-MML3Barrell.png
21 KB, 103x184
Let me put it this way. There are people that would deny science to try and make up their own god when physics itself leads to the only god that can feasibly exist. Superstition is gay, science is the way. It's the only religion that shows how god is, rather than how people want it to be.
>>
>>780890
hope for what

there's some kind of ideology here but you haven't stated it
>>
>>780890
>Is humanity irredeemable
Redemption from what?
>Without hope
Hope for what?

OH WAIT, you're a positivist. Get the fuck out.
>>
Stop looking at the world trough an infant's eyes. Technology has given people more tools for survival. I bet you someone from 1665 London could use the technology we have today.

We are not even talking about medical advantages. You wanna learn how to survive in the forest? How to cook food with basic tools? How to make a shelter in the wild? You can do that in 5 minutes.
>>
>>780890
What's wrong with humanity currently?
>>
>>781087
me
>>
>>781098
What's wrong with you, anon?
>>
>>780890
>Arbitrarily create a standard
>Tell people they should feel bad for not living up to it
>????
>Prophet
>>
>>780890
> Do we need a bottleneck event to revitalize mankind's instinct for survival?
You can do it anon! Drop that colony!
>>
No. We wanted convenience. Now we have it. And unironically now we're convening to the idea that too much convenience isn't good. But we're still moving forward. The conflict between mind and matter is literally what makes us human. It's the best time to be alive.
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 350x297) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 350x297
>>780890
Yes. Read the Archdruid report and learn how pathological we all are today.

Peak Oil is coming.
>>
Life on earth is doomed, yes. We'll inevitably destroy ourselves

But there's hope if you accept Jesus Christ
>>
>>780890
Yes, but for Jesus. Welcome to the depravity of mankind.
>>
>>781211
I've squandered potential others would die for.
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 600x489) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 600x489
>>781865
>>781872
You spelt Allah (swt) wrong. Nazarenes make absolutely no sense at all. Islam is the true faith because it's common sense theology.

God=1
>>
>>781874
relax, someone else more driven took the opportunities you missed
>>
>>781892
God is one in his essence. The trinity is just different aspects of the same God
>>
File: 145446073532.jpg (20 KB, 340x350) Image search: [Google]
145446073532.jpg
20 KB, 340x350
>Yet another thread about to turn into /rel/
Unless by redemption OP meant some sort of Christian redemption, in which case I'm out of here anyways
>>
>>781892

God is a threefold God, not three gods.

A threefold God.

"Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus". Read it, and live.
>>
>>781904
>Muh Essenes

Except that doesn't make sense at all. God must be one, otherwise he would have fucked his mother and Cucked himself at the same time.
Would you worship a cuck?
>>781918
>Muh Chick tract

I reviewed it and it made no sense. It sounded like someone who tried too hard to act muslim when they were not.
>>
>>781918
>>781904
If your orthodox I have no beef with you btw.
It's only Catholics and Protestshits I'm hating on.
>>
File: progress.jpg (152 KB, 505x711) Image search: [Google]
progress.jpg
152 KB, 505x711
>>780890
Your great grandfather didn't die on the beaches of normandy so you could undo his work and have to go through something like that all over again.

It is your job to figure out how to stop being decadent and accomplish things. How to motivate yourself by something other than escaping poverty or a threat to your survival. That is the super edgy vitalizing challenge of the now.
>>
>>781929
Nabeel Qureshi was a Paki muslim who found Jesus, and now he's a Christian Apologist. And medical doctor, iirc
>>
>>781932
Hate on whoever you want. It only hurts you.
>>
Just because bunch of memeneets whine about mythical non-existent degeneracy doesn't mean that humanity is irredeemable and without hope.
>>
File: 1429853704841.jpg (221 KB, 1128x1048) Image search: [Google]
1429853704841.jpg
221 KB, 1128x1048
>>781874
You are possessed by spooks anon. You are literally condemning all humanity and torturing yourself based on an unthinking, unfeeling and uncaring social construct.

You suffering is like that of the tribal who believes that he will have no afterlife because a camera stole his soul
>>
>>781949
He's fake and an Ahmedi. We get legit converts while yall get liars like him and Magan
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.