[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /his/ Who killed him? Not american curious about this.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 9
File: 1k.jpg (94 KB, 980x654) Image search: [Google]
1k.jpg
94 KB, 980x654
Hi /his/

Who killed him?

Not american curious about this. Conservatives? CIA? who and why?
>>
The secret cabal of the group I hate most, of course :)
>>
>>778082
Lee Harvey Oswald, a lone gunman who tried to gain favor with the Soviets, spent a while in the USSR, and was kicked out.
He did it to make a mark on history or something, we'll never know.
>>
Lee Harvey Oswald
>>
JFK's much skinnier than I imagined btw. I know he was 130lbs in college and had life-long health problems, but damn...

Maybe Americans are just fatter now, maybe I'm just fat
>>
>>778082
>Who killed him?

You asked a stupid question, of course it's the guy who shot that bullet to his brain
>>
>>778093
Could you give me an estimate on how many americans believe this?
>>
It was the lone gunmen of the CIA. No wait, just Lee Harvey Oswald. No wait. The Mafia + Joe DiMaggio. No wait. The Russians. No wait. Frank Sinatra. No wait, J. Edgar Hoover

See, anyone could be an answer, and while each of these has implications that would immediately have to be taken seriously if this ever came to light, on the larger scale of things it still wouldn't matter.

Really, this story proves that no matter how clever the explanation, how perfect the logic, or how adequate the tools we use to try to find the answer, they all just but up against the same old questions Man has been wrestling with since he climbed out that primordial ooze. The Kennedy assassination/Zapruder Film story fascinates not because we want to know who did it. Indeed, they "whodunit" aspect just seems to be a treatment for the greater affirmative truth of the tale. That assasination clip is fascinating because it proves with certainty that it doesn't matter how wealthy, connected, powerful, young, handsome, sexual, vibrant, beloved, popular, you are (or at least appear to be), bang, it can all be taken away just like that
>>
>>778139
One of the best replies I've ever got. Thanks anon.
>>
>>778131

Depending on how the question is phrased. I would guess between 80 and 95%.
>>
It was you and me.
>>
>>778139
/Thread
>>
I heard a new theory that said a secret service agent accidently fired his m16 while running after the motorcade, landing the head shot. The secret service covered it up and blamed all the shots fired on Oswald because how stupid would they look of they killed the president.
I believe most conspiracy theories can be traced down to goverment ineptitude, and this one seems pretty plausible
>>
James Franco
>>
>>778169
pleased to meet you
>>
>>778248
Yeah there's some elements of that theory that really help match with the oddities of the final shot, and very plausible given how lax they were about safe gun handling back then.
>>
I remember watching a documentary about some weapons expert who iirc wrote a book presenting the idea that the secret service accidentally shot JFK and then covered it up.

There was actually an equitable amount of evidence as far as I recall but alas, it was a while ago when I watched it.
>>
>>778300
Twice?
>>
>>778300
weapons "experts" usually don't know jackshit.
>>
>>778307
Just the final shot.
>>
>>778307
>>778311
>>778313
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortal_Error

This was it, though I watched a documentary on the theory, I haven't actually read the book.
>>
Is that picture legitimate?
>>
>>778339
Nah it was just a prank in the hood 1963 gone sexual
>>
File: 658547684788.jpg (127 KB, 665x1092) Image search: [Google]
658547684788.jpg
127 KB, 665x1092
>>778082
What >>778093 said. Lee Oswald was the murderer, the evidence is ironclad. All the bullets and bullet fragments were linked to the Carcano rifle found in the Sniper's Nest, which was bought via mail order by Oswald using an alias. He had actually used the Carcano to attempt to kill General Edwin Walker earlier that same year. He's the only employee of the Texas School Book Depository who didn't show back up to work for the role call after the assassination. His movements and actions after he left the TSBD indicate a man in desperate flight from a terrible deed. Not the least of which is that he shot a patrol officer dead when the cop stopped him on the street to speak with him. In fact that is initially what he was arrested for, it was only when they realized that Lee Oswald was the same person who hadn't shown back up to work at the TSBD that they understood they had the main suspect in the President's death.
>>
Is that the actual autopsy?
>>
>>778758
Sure is.
>>
>>778799
Damn. Brutal stuff. What'd they do with the brain matter? Throw it in the trash?
>>
>>778830

scooped it with a melon baller
>>
>>778830
>>778799
Yeah, damn rifle bullets do damage. I've got a lot of internet under my belt and this was still pretty shaking. I thought there was an exit wound in the front? Did the bullet come out or just bounce around inside the skull?
>>
>>778082

>You will never live in a world where JFK succeeded in deescalating tensions with the Soviets and prevented the debacle of Vietnam.
>You will never live in a world where his brother made his way to the presidency and prevented the downward spiral America suffered in the 1970s

It hurts.
>>
>>778758
>>778339

No, this is a prop from a movie. It's from either Oliver stone's JFK or "the kennedy's"
>>
>>778851

That's BS. JFK was the definition of a failed presidency and his brother would have been worse.
>>
>>778850
>bounce around inside the skull

ok go to /k/ and get educated pls
>>
>>778856

And I suppose you think he "stole" the election from Nixon, don't you.

His presidency was good, and the people who claim otherwise are conservative revisionists.
>>
>>778856
Truth.
>>
>>778248
>>778291
The theory is from 1977, and has been discredited.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/Shooting_holes_in_theory_that_a_Secret_Service_agent_killed_President_Kennedy.html
>>
>>778868

On the contrary. This isn't /b or /pol, this is /his, so I would expect we could have a more logical and reasonable debate on the subject...

The reason people look back fondly on his presidency is because he "inspired people", and because he was murdered.

But the reality of his presidency is much different...

1. He screwed up his legislative process by pushing civil rights before the budget. Up until the day he died he was trapped by the congress because of this where neither civil rights nor the budget have been passed.

2. The only reason his legislation had any final life it all was because LBJ used the assassination (and his well known legislative abilities) to ramp it all through in the month(s) following.

3. He really screwed up the bay of pigs. Though most apologists like to blame Eisenhower, or the CIA, or bad luck... Kennedy DID give it the go ahead; and he WAS the president at the time, so the buck stops with him.

4. Though he CAN (and does) get credit for ending the missile crisis without nuclear war, those who give him the credit also conveniently forget that he actually created the situation in the first place via his bumbling of the bay of pigs.

5. Other than his "inspiration" and the Peace Corp, what do you consider his achievements?
>>
>>778900
he was killed before he could get any
starting the moon program maybe?
>>
>>778082

Anyone who has actually seen the film would be retarded to believe that oswald did it. You can see how the *back* of kenedies head gets blasted outwards, not the front. Jackie even reaches over to snag a piece of brainmeat as its rolling away over the rear bumper.

The view from the street at that point from the book depository is from the rear, physically impossible for that shot. Bullet came in from the frontal axis.
>>
>>778860
of course I don't literally mean "bounce around" I meant did it exit or just fragment in the brain or stop when it hit the other side of the skull.
by the way, thanks for your contribution, you're certainly the type of person getting /his/ off to a great start.
>>
>>778900
>those who give him the credit also conveniently forget that he actually created the situation in the first place via his bumbling of the bay of pigs.
I don't see how that removes credit from being able to defuse the situation. Yeah he started the mess, but he also cleaned it up (for the most part).
>>
File: Work.jpg (38 KB, 480x338) Image search: [Google]
Work.jpg
38 KB, 480x338
>>778906

But the moon project simply falls in the category of "inspiration".

We would have had a space program either way, Sputnik made that decision for us.

I'm not totally discounting the value of inspiration, but I prefer to focus on actual results.
>>
>>778907

You do realise that just because you are shot in the back, you're not necessarily thrown forward, right?
>>
>>778914

fuck off, /his/ has had a shit start for months now and it's meta faggots like you that think a .268 "bounces around the skull" who give this board a bad name
>>
>>778907
This is simply not true. If you have an interest in the subject, I would read "case closed" by Gerald Posner. He details all the evidence, and puts every conspiracy theory clearly to rest.
>>
File: bruhitler.jpg (46 KB, 858x429) Image search: [Google]
bruhitler.jpg
46 KB, 858x429
>mom believes in JFK conspiracy theories
>ask her which ones she believes
>she starts talking about the magic bullet
>>
>>778942

Then show her this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSBXW1-VGmM

The "magic bullet theory" (as everyone including Oliver Stone) preaches it, is based on the incorrect placement of Connally relative to JFK. Once you put them in the correct position, the bullet holes line up perfectly and lead right back to Oswald's sniper nest.
>>
>>778939
>ask about historical event
>answered with faggotry
>call out faggotry
>answered with more faggotry
Yep I'm the one ruining this board.
>>
>>778954
>The "magic bullet theory" (as everyone including Oliver Stone) preaches it, is based on the incorrect placement of Connally relative to JFK. Once you put them in the correct position, the bullet holes line up perfectly and lead right back to Oswald's sniper nest.
yes i know that, hence the reaction pic
my parents are a lost cause. if something can be blamed on conservatives they will.
>>
>>778955

you are a massive hypocrite and a know-nothing desu

>rifle bullets do damage. I've got a lot of internet under my belt

>>>/k/
>>
>>778093

This. I've been to Dealey Plaza and seen the site. It's not as far as people make it sound. It wouldn't be some ridiculously impossible shot. Anyone with military training would be able to do it.
>>
File: 1384870560321.jpg (2 MB, 5748x8640) Image search: [Google]
1384870560321.jpg
2 MB, 5748x8640
>>778139
>>
>>778933

Im not talking about hm bodidly being thrown foreward (though that doesnt happen anyways), im talking about his grey matter literally blasting out the back of his head from the bullet blasting in through the front.

All it takes is unpeeling your eyelids.
>>
>>778900

He was clearly moving past hawkishness after 1963. His decision to remove 1,000 troops, combined with his own assessment of the situation, make it clear that he knew Vietnam was a quagmire waiting to happen. I think he would have been able to strike a balance between containing communist influence and opening more productive dialogue with the Soviets.

1. I think Kennedy was right to push Civil Rights, only because it was something that had to be addressed as soon as possible. Jim Crow laws were a black stain on America's prestige worldwide and our credibility, and segregationists like George Wallace ensured that those policies weren't going to go away anytime soon. Eisenhower may have established the precedent of using federal power to combat segregationist policies in the south, but I think Kennedy should be given credit for continuing the policy. Insofar as saying that "He pushed civil rights before the budget" I would say that he was very aware of the stiff opposition he received on that front, and tried to take steps to keep his involvement at a politically safe level.

2 That's debatable only because neither of us have any way of knowing how things would have gone had he survived. It should be noted that despite his problems with congress, his fiscal policies produced a strong economy during the years of his presidency.

3 and 4 are the same point so I'll address them at once; Kennedy's issuing of the green light on the bay of pigs was a bad mistake, yes, but as another poster mentioned, he cleaned up his own mess. How many presidents can you say accomplished that? Truman let Eisenhower take care of Korea, Bush left Obama with the Iraqi and Afghan disasters, etc.

>>778931

Kennedy was the one who established the goal of reaching the moon, and got the funding to establish NASA's facilities in Houston and Cape Canaveral
>>
>>778969

of course, that's not even to mention he even had optics.

It's the supposed inhuman speed at which he could operate the bolt and remain accurate that's the issue.
>>
One of his bodyguards accidentally shot him in the back of the head. Oswald only wounded him, but didn't execute the killshot. That's all.
>>
>>778969

You're right.

I saw someone interviewed one time who mentioned... even if Oswald wasn't considered an expert shot to the marines, to the civilian world he would still be considered an expert shot.

I mean, consider that marines have to qualify at 500 yards... without a scope.

Add to this the fact that according to his wife, Oswald would spend his evenings on the porch working the mechanism of his rifle over and over again, and you're left with an easy shot, made with a scope, by a person who was very familiar with his weapon.
>>
>>778882
Well that shits on the fun then
>>
Oswald took a shot and missed, so someone else had to save the day. Operator was either on the bridge or the little hill (probably men on both), each give good view of the street and interlocking fields of fire over the designated killzone. Textbook ambush tactics.
>>
File: HeadShot.gif (815 KB, 830x820) Image search: [Google]
HeadShot.gif
815 KB, 830x820
>>778974

That's simply not true. This is an animated gif of the moment of the head shot...

1. Head moves forward when the shot hits.
2. Exit wound is in the front/side not the back of the head.
3. brain matter shoots forward and up, not backward.
>>
It's time for the truth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB-TLTWAh6s
Umbrella man, and dark complected man -- these two individual have NEVER been found.
>>
>>779008

Anon, your shitty gif is doing more harm than good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7rLYh52fPE

0:34 head rocked back from impact.
>>
File: before2.jpg (481 KB, 1024x678) Image search: [Google]
before2.jpg
481 KB, 1024x678
If you ever go there, you'll notice this sign. They have to repair it every year because of this.
>>
>>778288
Hope you guess my name.
>>
>>779008

You aren't showing the bit right after where he get's thrown the fuck back into his seat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gm-MoQfe7E

Start at frame 300 for the fatal shot at 313 (2:27 min) and ignore the music.
>>
File: z313.jpg (251 KB, 830x820) Image search: [Google]
z313.jpg
251 KB, 830x820
>>779048

I disagree.

Those who claim that the shot came from the front use his body "moving back" as some sort of proof that the shot came from the front.

You can't do that because his body going back was simply the result of muscles being triggered by the sudden loss of 1/4 of his brain.

Instead, the clearest proof of the direction of the shot has to come from frames 312 & 313, at the instant before and after the shot.

Even if we simply went with frame 313 alone (attached here), and use the "logic" of the conspiracy theorists, we have this...

1. CT's say that the back of the head was blown out by the shot, which means that the shot came from the front.

2. It's actually the FRONT of the head that is blasted out.

3. Therefore, even using their logic, the shot had to come from the back.
>>
He was asking for it, riding around with his head hanging out of a convertible, shaking it in our faces.
>>
>>778082
me
>>
>>779008
>>779077
>your brain bits/fluid is orange
Huh.
>>
>>779077
>simply the result of muscles being triggered by the sudden loss of 1/4 of his brain

doesn't look like that to me.

Besides if you look at OP's pic, it almost looks as if there's more blow towards the back of the head. Though I guess that could just be structural failure after the fact.
>>
>>779102

But as I mentioned earlier, OP's picture isn't real.

This started floating around a few years ago. It's a prop from the autopsy scene of ether the movie "JFK" or the made for TV movie "The Kennedy's"
>>
>>779099

I hate to throw things at you like medical science, but your brain actually contains a lot of blood, which is normally red in color.
>>
>>779122
I know, but I was expecting more of a red color, as befitting of blood. The orange just struck me as odd.
>>
>>778758
It's fake
>>
>>779128
Color film tech at the time wont reproduce hues 1:1, phase shift and etcetera.
>>
File: kennedy-side.jpg (29 KB, 424x339) Image search: [Google]
kennedy-side.jpg
29 KB, 424x339
>>779115

is this real then?
>>
http://campbellmgold.com/archive_general/jfk_autopsy_photo.pdf
>>
>>778093
Only problem is he had ONI and CIA contacts up the ass. His friend George de Mohrenschild was extremely well connected also. All of his pro-Communist rhetoric was actually done for the CIA.

That doesn't even touch the 100% certain and verifiable alterations and manipulation of the Zapruder film.
>>
>>779170
>100% certain alterations of Zapruder film
>oswald had so many cia and ONI contacts guise
>so did his buddy!
>it's a conspiracy
>wake up sheeple

I keked. As if ONI IRL is Some shady organization and not a bunch of SIGINT guys. Post more crazy rants anon.
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.