[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to buy this. It's a Zulu War uniform replica.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 400x1166) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 400x1166
I'm going to buy this.
It's a Zulu War uniform replica.
Somehow cheaper then the 18th century uniforms of the British Empire.
>>
>>762044
This isn't really worthy of a thread, but ok that's nice anon, have a (You).
>>
>>762044
>>762044
>>762044

Buying this makes you racist, like Hitler.
>>
>>762044
Thks isn't really a history thread, but I like you so I'll make it one.

Why did the 1st British invasion fail so badly. Sure, Rorke's Drift was a good accomplishment but their main force was annihilated completely at that one battle I can't remember the name of.

>inb4 Anglo racial inferiority

None of that /pol/ shit here, real answers.
>>
File: IMG_20160228_111244.jpg (180 KB, 800x1066) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160228_111244.jpg
180 KB, 800x1066
Can we turn this thread into a thread about what sort of history paraphernalia people on here have?
You know, costumes, weapons, random items, actual artifacts. I'm certain some people on this board have that compulsion to waste money on this sorta shit.

This is one of the things I (happily) wasted a few hundred dollars on. Besides chopping waterbottles and pumpkins it's basically just decoration, though. It's a replica of William Marshall's sword.
>>
>>762066
HEIL VICTORIA!!! ES LEBE BRITTANIEN!!!
>>
>>762079
hope you've got a good coating of oil on that badboy, the william marshall sword is real nice for what it is.
>>
>>762106

Yeah, I've got some oil and I wax it every few months too.
It's probably due for another coat though.
>>
>>762044
>Somehow
It's much less decorated and simpler than the 18th century uniform, how is it surprising that it costs less?
>>
File: fusg.jpg (570 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
fusg.jpg
570 KB, 1000x750
>>762079
>Can we turn this thread into a thread about what sort of history paraphernalia people on here have?
Sure. Here's a bunch of stuff I consider my more prized possessions either because they're rare/uncommon, paid really cheap for them, or because they're in really good condition. I know it's all 20th century stuff from the US military but they're still all interesting little parts of that history.
>>
>>762044
Where does one wear an old military uniform? Around the house? To walmart? To the club? Or do you not wear it at all, and just enjoy looking at it like a piece of art? I'm genuinely curious.
>>
>>764334
Im about to start airsoft at the local club so im using that as an excuse to buy some WW2 uniforms etc and replica airsoft weapons.
>>
>>762070
No.3 column was annihilated at Isandlhwana for a few reasons. Firstly they didn't take the necessary precautions of entrenching their positions. The wagons weren't laagered and no pickets were posted on the summit of Isandlhwana or on its reverse slope. As well as that, Lord Chelmsford ignored the advice from those who had actually fought the Zulus that they shouldn't be underestimated. As a result of this, it wasn't known where the Zulu army was until the last moment, at which point the Zulus rushed to overwhelm and envelope the flanks of the thinly spread British line. So it was a mix of underestimating the enemy, poor leadership and bad troop deployment.
>>
File: zulucartoon.jpg (494 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
zulucartoon.jpg
494 KB, 1024x1024
>>764397
>>
File: livpals_1913_xl.jpg (82 KB, 539x800) Image search: [Google]
livpals_1913_xl.jpg
82 KB, 539x800
I've got one of these. Comfy and warm. Swedish army coat.
>>
File: normal_vinterpals.jpg (45 KB, 610x400) Image search: [Google]
normal_vinterpals.jpg
45 KB, 610x400
I suppose it's many decades old. It's one of these whtie ones rather than the more modern grey/green ones.

Though I get a lot of shit for wearing it sometimes at least women like it.
>>
File: DSC_0003.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0003.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
I have this Japanese good luck flag.
>>
>>764738
Is that supposed to be from WW2?
>>
>>762070

They nailed their fucking ammo crates shut
>>
>>764334
You use it to have sex
>>
>>764811

And if you don't have access to any savages?
>>
>>764823
I don't know, I don't have a British uniform, or sex
>>
>>764688
That's a sweet fucking coat.
>>
File: poohwars.jpg (46 KB, 400x550) Image search: [Google]
poohwars.jpg
46 KB, 400x550
Finally, a reason to post this image
>>
>>766329
Well done sir
>>
>>762044
>You dweebs have no life
>Instead of historical analysis you fucks choose to use this board as a dress-up party
>lmao
>>
>>762044
But isn't it going to be a huge pain in the ass to add the small details to the uniform? Like, doesn't that have those small metal number tabs that indicate the regiment or something?
>>
>>764334
You could get away with wearing any part of the outfit (other than the harness and pith helmet) individually anywhere, if you fit it into the right ensemble.
I've been thinking about buying a civil war jacket to just wear around.
>>
>>764790
forensics evidence on the battlefield demonstrates that the ammo thing is a myth. rifles were found warped from overuse.
>>
>>762044
I've been thinking about getting one. Gonna save it till I have the cash to buy a Martini Henry rifle.
>>
>>762044
>Louis-Napoleon died in a war because the brits couldn't crush spearchuckers in the first war
REMOVE ENGLAND
>>
>>762044
Okay.
>>
>>764830
>Current year
>Not sexually identifying as a Redcoat in the Napoleonic era.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.