[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was he so strategically retarded, /his/? Was it autism?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
Why was he so strategically retarded, /his/? Was it autism?

>lets devote valuable resources and men to rounding up people we don't like and shooting them when we are outnumbered 11-1
>lets decree "fortified areas" in the Eastern Front where no one is allowed to tactically retreat unless I say it's ok
>let's not allow Hoth to break out so I can save some troops in Stalingrad
>let's make the tanks completely change direction and move south to help out Army Group South when I'm knocking on Moscow's door
>let's victimize the people who were all too happy to be free from the Soviet yoke
>let's put Himmler, a man with zero military experience in charge of the troops in East Prussia
>let's declare war on America
>>
he was an artist, what do you expect
>>
>Why was Hitler so bad

Because of propaganda and blame-shifting

This is a shit thread
>>
>>751201

See that fat fuck behind Hitler?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodor_Morell

There's your reason why.

As for Himmler being placed in command of Army Group Vistula, that was a very short command. Even Hitler saw he was a fuck up and assigned to Gotthard Heinrici, an ingenious old defensive oriented general (and von Rundstedt's cousin) in under two months.
>>
>>751201
>>lets devote valuable resources and men to rounding up people we don't like and shooting them when we are outnumbered 11-1
Holohoax bullshit. Stalin had NKVD dressed in German uniforms while they were killing Ukrainian and Polish nationalists.
>>lets decree "fortified areas" in the Eastern Front where no one is allowed to tactically retreat unless I say it's ok
The soldiers couldn't retreat because they needed shelter to survive the winter and it was better to dig in
>>let's not allow Hoth to break out so I can save some troops in Stalingrad
The Luftwaffe lied to Hitler about their capabilities.
>>let's make the tanks completely change direction and move south to help out Army Group South when I'm knocking on Moscow's door
No they weren't at Moscow's door you tard. They were at the limits of their supply line capacity and couldn't advance further without stretching thin, running out of ammo and gas and leaving a huge undefended flank that would have got them all killed. They needed to close up the weakness.
>>let's victimize the people who were all too happy to be free from the Soviet yoke
Bullcrap. There were thousands of Slavic volunteers and they weren't harmed or gas chambered or anything despite what the history channel told you
>>let's put Himmler, a man with zero military experience in charge of the troops in East Prussia
Himmler was a politician. He had officers who advised him.
>>let's declare war on America
Actually, Japan declared war on America. Germany was Japan's ally.
>>
>>751409
>Holohoax bullshit. Stalin had NKVD dressed in German uniforms while they were killing Ukrainian and Polish nationalists.
Oh cool, I haven't heard this one before!

>Actually, Japan declared war on America. Germany was Japan's ally.
It was a defensive pact, Germany had no obligation to declare war.
>>
>>751409
Yes, people really are as stupid as this faggot. Wew laddie.
>>
>>751419
>Oh cool, I haven't heard this one before!
The reason you've heard it before is because it's true and you can confirm this easily.

Look up Torch Men Order and Katyn Massacre for starters on Soviet false flags
>>
>>751428
You don't even have anything to say in defense of your position. So if I am stupid then you must have a literal black hole between your ears.
>>
>>751434

And the Jäger Report, was that the NKVD too? Where did they find the time to lurk behind the lines for months and learn to falsify documents like that to liquidate about 65% of Lithuanian Jews to make it sync?
>>
>>751491
They were liquidating communists, partisans and criminals.

Most of the jews in East Europe were commies.
>>
>>751428
Everything he said was correct.
>>
>>751508

Yes, and they were listed in separate categories, almost as if the Jews were being liquidated for reasons entirely separate from the criminals and partisans and communists.
>>
File: fortified areas.png (601 KB, 1423x742) Image search: [Google]
fortified areas.png
601 KB, 1423x742
>>751409
>The soldiers couldn't retreat because they needed shelter to survive the winte
Are you retarded? The order for Fortified positions was in the summer of 1944.

>Bullcrap. There were thousands of Slavic volunteers and they weren't harmed or gas chambered or anything despite what the history channel told you
The liquidation and abuse of Ukrainian villages is well known lmao.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generalplan_Ost
>>
>>751611
>The liquidation and abuse of Ukrainian villages is well known lmao.
I hope you realize that Generalplan Ost is one of those "All documentation was lost, but just trust me!" sort of deals. Dubious at best.

>digging in
Germans needed to construct supply lines anyways. Russian rails were wider than German rails and needed to be rebuilt. Roads were destroyed, bridges destroyed. They needed to make sure they had a system in place to support further advance.
>>
>>751556
This is entirely a leap of logic.

The USA right now tracks crime rates by race as well. Does that mean they are going to start killing black people?
>>
>>751681
do you really think Generalplan Ost is far fetched coming from the author of Mein Kampf?
>>
HITLER BE GUD BOI
HE DINDU NUFFIN
>>
>>751201
>>751201
>Lebensraum denotes evicting the lesser races
>He could not abide defeatism
>Did the same to paulus. Even appointed him field marshall right when he was about to be overrun (literally had the soviets at his door). Adolf expected him to continue the fight or commit suicide since a german fieldmarshal had never allowed themselves to be captured in battle. Paulus said fuck that noise and surrendered.
>He wanted to push and secure the oil fields and infrastructure south.
>And? Poles were turning over jewish neighbors as well. He didn't give a damn - they needed to remove as many as possible for resettlement and lebensraum
>This would make sense if you understood hitler's mindset at the time. He had major issues with trust - evident in his policies where everything must be cleared by him and he was the one that signed off on every little detail. At this point many of his generals had either failed him, been fired, or worse. himmler was right up there with goebbels with his most trusted subordinates. More insight into how crazy hitler was at this time: he expected a "people's army" to be formed and drafted up of over five million troops. He had completely lost it at this point.
>Japan declared first. He couldn't really go against his ally - which he still had hope of eventually helping invade russia from the East

Dude was nuts and made mistake after mistake - but he did have reason behind his madness, even if it made sense only to him.
>>
>>751419
It was meant to apply pressure on the US in the hopes of her bowing out early. Even the japs knew the best they could accomplish was getting the US to peace out after crippling her carrier fleet. Japanese and Germans saw the public really did not want war and hoped to exploit that.

They didn't count on the US war sentiment to swing the other war after being attacked - or that the US war production would ramp up the way it would. That said though germany tried keeping the US out of the war for as long as possible. Jap chucklefucks had to ruin that
>>
>>751201
He had a micropenis s so he's basically the essential Manlet
>>
>>751843
fuck you beat me to it
>>
>>751409
can you please give me some reasons
to why do you think the that the holacost is fake

and i am not trying to fight just give some good reasons
>>
>>751685
There aren't official commands to liquidate 65% of blacks, regardless of criminal background.
>>
>>751201
>Hitler
>Bad strategist

bait.
>>
>>751372
too many fart chips
>>
>>751943
This, he was no Alexander but he wasn't that awful.
>>
regardless after the fact there isnt a soul alive that could have done better at the time for his situation
>>
>>751943
He was a terrible strategiest, his long term goals where unrealistic, he failed to predict how literally every nation would react to his war mongering, he pissed on his most important truce, after a while he just abandoned strategy all together and just started winging it
He migth have been a alrigth tactician tho

also he refused to let his generals and their men do their work, he insisted on being a major part in all aspects of the war, insisted on placing him self in a key position wich he frankly wasent capable of holding, the stress became to much and he made to many mistakes wich he was constantly advised against by his generals

TL:DR Hitler should have trusted the professionals instead of getting pissed at everyone who dident agree with him
>>
Here's my take on it

>A series of early victories gave him an inflated ego as a brilliant commander when that wasn't actually the reason
>His racism made him believe his soldiers could win through fighting spirit alone, as is shown by the many times he ordered attacks which all his generals disagreed with and he just said "German soldiers will prevail"
>>
>>752441
Why are you on a history board?
>>
>>752458
Why the fuck are you on /his/? its more or less true faggot
>>
>>752499
Tumblr is probably more suited to you. You could write the next "10 other embarrassing illnesses and faults you didn't know Hitler had!" article
>>
>>752506
>muhhh tumblr
>muhh hitler was a good goy stop slandering him!

also i wasent the guy you first replied to he was still more or less rigth faggot

mabey >>>/pol/ is more suited for you, you could totally write the next "10 things i would like to do to hitlers dick" thread or mabey if you are feeling a bit redpilled you could always make a "jews made black guys steal my womyn" thread, thats guaranteed to give you a intellectual disscussion fit for retards
>>
File: gametheory.jpg (63 KB, 556x720) Image search: [Google]
gametheory.jpg
63 KB, 556x720
>>751943

If you watched someone playing a game of Civilization and they put all their resources into building warriors, immediately attacked two other civilizations then lost because the other players teamed up to get rid of the troll, you'd probably say that person wasn't good at strategy.

That's literally what Hitler did.
>>
>>
File: manlet.png (790 KB, 801x516) Image search: [Google]
manlet.png
790 KB, 801x516
>>751681
>They needed to make sure they had a system in place to support further advance.
Further advance...in 1944.

Ghost of Hitler pls go. Listen to Manstein you fool.

>all documents were lost, but trust me!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6ring%27s_Green_Folder
>>
>>751843
>The essential manlet
>>754360
^pic related
>>
I love these threads. Its great reading all these storm fags getting BTFO by competent debaters with a non-racists POV of history.
>>
>>751681
>support further advance
>order was issued in 44

Top kek the German army's last great push was kursk in 1943 and they got their teeth kicked in. The Germans never mounted another major offensive in the east after that. It was another two years of a slow and agonizing retreat to Berlin.
>>
>>754956
Not the guy you're responding to, but there was Lake Balaton as late as 1945. Which held the ground they took for like a week.
>>
>>751201
>lets devote valuable resources and men to rounding up people we don't like and shooting them when we are outnumbered 11-1
It cost them practically nothing to run camps for millions, while providing slave labor.

>lets decree "fortified areas" in the Eastern Front where no one is allowed to tactically retreat unless I say it's ok
This order and Model's defensive ingenuity probably saved the Ostheer from a complete collapse in 1942.

>let's not allow Hoth to break out so I can save some troops in Stalingrad
Again, a good decision.

>let's make the tanks completely change direction and move south to help out Army Group South when I'm knocking on Moscow's door
A good decision. Leaving your flanks wide open and your LOC subject to attacks is not the best way to start a major assault on a heavily defended city, especially when your army is really bad at city combat.

>let's victimize the people who were all too happy to be free from the Soviet yoke
Because letting them be and keeping them happy would cost resources and prevent Germany from exploiting their resources.

>let's put Himmler, a man with zero military experience in charge of the troops in East Prussia
The war was lost by then anyway, and besides Himmler has an impressive k/d ratio.

>let's declare war on America
It's not like he had a choice.
>>
>>754975
>This order and Model's defensive ingenuity probably saved the Ostheer from a complete collapse in 1942.

He meant the fortress cities on the eastern front established well late into the war. What saved the german army from collapse in 1942 was Manstein's masterpiece at 3rd Kharkov

>Again, a good decision.
It is universally regarded by everyone as one of the stupidest moves ever. But since someone here on 4chan says it was a good decision, it obviously was! Silly me!

>The war was lost by then anyway, and besides Himmler has an impressive k/d ratio.

This ain't a videogame. Kill/Death ratio is not important in a real war.

>It's not like he had a choice.
He had. He declared war on the US on the promise that Japan would have helped against the USSR. Something that never happened, of course.
>>
>>755523
>He declared war on the US on the promise that Japan would have helped against the USSR.

Suddenly, Siberians!
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.