[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is cheating morally wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 7
File: 647564757.jpg (64 KB, 495x638) Image search: [Google]
647564757.jpg
64 KB, 495x638
Is cheating morally wrong?
>>
I don't know
>>
>current year
>morals
read nietzsche breh
>>
Can you repeat the question?
>>
You're not the boss of me now!
>>
File: is-cheating-wrong.jpg (82 KB, 531x625) Image search: [Google]
is-cheating-wrong.jpg
82 KB, 531x625
>>
>>745020
>Nierzsche
I'm afraid I don't wish to do be an utter nihilist (at least completely) with nothing to live for. So no thanks.
>>
Nietzchean moral only works if we were a society of Nietzcheans

Cheating in this case test your knowledge of the subject for the qualification of the subject to work at the subject, it is no longer an ethical issue but a professional issue
>>
Life is unfair...
>>
>>745045
>I'm afraid I don't wish to do be an utter nihilist (at least completely) with nothing to live for. So no thanks.

What? Nietzsche was an atheist and against god yes but he was full of life and against nihilists. Have you even read what he had to say about nihilists?
>>
>morality
>>
>>745071
I was kind of memeing. But most people who quote him are the complete nihilist type.
>>
>>745048
So it it wrong to professionally/academically dishonest?
>>
>>745078
>>745020
Even if you're a complete edgerton, you have morals on some level.
>>
>>745094
not wrong in the sense of universal wrong

wrong as in the cheater-academic wrong, can you live the life as the professionally cheated

nietzche does not make wrong right, he makes wrongs personal

not the disqualified professional but to live as the cheater-professional for the rest of your days and to be okay with it
>>
File: adam-sewastianowicz-41.jpg (222 KB, 502x750) Image search: [Google]
adam-sewastianowicz-41.jpg
222 KB, 502x750
Is it morally wrong to be the "other woman" (knowingly)?

[spoiler]I'm in this position now and I don't have a bad conscience, but I do feel maybe I should have one. Though nihilism, so whatever, right?[/spoiler]
>>
>>745133
do you believe in sexual trust
yes, wrong
no, not wrong
>>
>>745133
>Is it morally wrong to be the "other woman" (knowingly)?

The question is not whether it is moral or not, the question is why should you care for moral implications of it.

Aside from obviously giving more gratification to the guy that is in relationship than yourself, the only real winner here I'd say is the guy and both you and the other woman are just his playthings.
>>
>>745133
all women are whores without any moral compass so you shouldn't need to worry
>>
>>745147
How am I not the winner if I get exactly what I want?

>>745144
What the fuck does "sexual trust" even mean
>>
>>745133
>Is it morally wrong to be the "other woman" (knowingly)?
If you believe it is morally wrong to cheat, yes.
Cheating doesn't stop being morally wrong as long as it happens to someone else.
>>
>>745172
>How am I not the winner if I get exactly what I want?

Because it is not a zero sum equation. The guy in the relationship gets emotional and sexual gratification from 2 people, as well as satisfaction of his ego by desire of the two.

You and the other woman are, while getting what you want both could probably be in better situations than you are now. Not that I think it is wrong in any case, women enjoy being used after all.
>>
>>744984
What are the foundations of morality?
After you answer the question. Ask yourself: Do you ultimately value the basis of those foundations?
>>
>>745196
>in better situations than you are now
But I am in the situation I want, that's what I'm telling you.
>>
>>745194
Most plebeian answer I've ever heard. Have you had a hard think about anything, ever?
>>
>>745211
I will never understand it because women and men are wired differently. Women get gratification out of being in relationship with taken men more than men do a.

In any case, that's not related, what I said about the only real winner in the situation is the guy is because he has no downsides in the equation, while both women do even if they also have positives and even if it is what they want.
>>
File: akon.png (145 KB, 275x439) Image search: [Google]
akon.png
145 KB, 275x439
>>745211
>satisfied being a side bitch
TRICK
R
I
C
K
>>
>>745172
>What the fuck does "sexual trust" even mean
look it up
>>
>>745233
How does he have downsides, whilst I do?

Please specify.
>>
>>745242
*don't

Typo
>>
>>745242
He obviously doesn't care about you enough to end his relationship with the other girl, he also if she doesn't know probably also has the affection and gratification of other girl too? While you willingly suck it up for emotional and sexual gratification when you could probably find some other guy and be in a relationship with him instead? If you don't want a long term relationship you could just have attention, affection and sexual gratification from as many men as you could.

Please, the guy is a real player and I admire him. Having a side bitch having this sort of moral dilemmas and justifications for herself.
>>
>>745233
>I will never understand it because women and men are wired differently. Women get gratification out of being in relationship with taken men more than men do a.
Womb.
Women on an instinctual level think they're getting a child with a good specimen of a man, while men don't since they're just competing for a womb.
>>
>>744984
>>744994
>>745000
>>745010
>>745016
>>745022
>>745027

Dear Diary:

Today, a thread on /his/ made me laugh.
>>
>>745266
>He obviously doesn't care about you enough to end his relationship with the other girl
I don't want him to.

>suck it up for emotional and sexual gratification when you could probably find some other guy and be in a relationship with him instead?
But I don't want a relationship.

>If you don't want a long term relationship you could just have attention, affection and sexual gratification from as many men as you could.
Yeah, that's what I'm doing.
>>
>>744984
Way more than consensual homosexuality/incest for what matters
Unlike the two above, cheating does hurt someone
>>
>>745282
The mental gymnastics side hoes do.

I remember this one girl would obviously flirt with me when I was in a relationship and I told her that I am not interested in her she almost got angry. The funny thing is now that I am single I don't get not even half the attention from women, the fuck is wrong with them? Your market value as a male goes through to roof as a guy when you are taken.

>Yeah, that's what I'm doing.

One night stands, on and off relationships never feel as good as actual relationships where affection is the main driving emotion not lust.
>>
>>745211
Check between your legs. Is there a vagina there?

Then you have absolutely no idea what you want.
>>
>>745333
Boy-Girl Theory.

Unattended boys are risky; no other girl wants them, maybe there's something wrong with them.

Committed men are attractive. Another woman wants him, so I want what she has. Plus, he can make commitments.

Women. Logic. Water. Oil.
>>
>>745333
>One night stands, on and off relationships never feel as good as actual relationships where affection is the main driving emotion not lust.
Yeah okay Romeo, never said you couldn't live your life the way you wanted, but not everyone wants what you want.
>>
>>745161
Amen brother
>>
>>745340
Women know what they want. However years of indoctrination they have been taught that's not actually what they want and they like to believe that's not what they want, especially by other women.

It is sad really, to see their ideals and beliefs constantly in conflict with their instincts.
>>
>>744984
Wouldn't that be entirely dependent on your own moral code?
>>
>>745359
You're not a woman. Opinion discarded.
>>
>>745352
>Yeah okay Romeo, never said you couldn't live your life the way you wanted, but not everyone wants what you want.

It is not about being romantic, I don't think I am deep or loving for it. It is just how humans are wired, we enjoy affection more than we do sexual gratification, sexual gratification is however in more intense bursts in shorter spans so we feel like that's what we actually want.

Hint: I used to think like you did, that I would be fine my whole life without being in a relationship and just flirting and having one night stands, especially in my late high-school and early university years. As I grew older, I feel like I have lied to myself and I have never had happier days than when I was actually in a real relationship. It might be just an illusion of hormones when you are in "love" but having a reason to wake up every day is a good feeling, I don't even care if it is my base instincts about breeding.
>>
>girl on 4chan
>girl on 4chan's most intellectual board

Can we stop this dumb roleplay already?
The few girls who end up on this website remain on /b/ to fufill their need for attention, they dont come here
>>
If a woman fucks another man, other than her husband, yes.

If a man does it, no, absolutely not.
>>
>>745387
Social studies related board seems like it would be the most common place to find a girl on 4chan if anything.
>>
Another gender-unrelated topic devolving into discourse over gender.

Fuck me.
>>
File: exam_template.png (193 KB, 413x532) Image search: [Google]
exam_template.png
193 KB, 413x532
I couldnt help making a template
>>
>>745387
>most intellectual board
>>
>>745333
>>745352
Oh and by the way, we started fucking before his relationship. He asked me out before that, confessed his love to me, but I turned him down (romantically).

>>745383
>my whole life
Yeah, but who said anything about the whole future? Now I want to fuck casually, in the future I imagine I want more someday with someone.

>>745387
>/his/
>intellectual
>>
>>745376
Fuck whoever you like, deal with the consequences later
I'm sure you'll find some beta provider for your damaged goods

>>745387
There's more than a woman posting on /his/
>>
>>745399
This is a gendered issue though.

Women don't need to do anything than be women to get laid, so having casual sex with someone isn't exactly a feat.

A man on other hand needs to have some value other than a penis to get laid, so clearly if he manages to get laid for whatever reason he's a based motherfucker.
>>
>>745427
Do you include landwhales?

Because sure as fuck I'm not going to get laid with a landwhale, even though you might think a landwhale doesn't need anything else to get laid easily but a vagina.
>>
File: Studs+vs+sluts.jpg (60 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Studs+vs+sluts.jpg
60 KB, 600x400
>>745427
Exactly.
>>
>>745427
>a 15yos first insight

What's next? "There is no god"? "My mom is wrong sometimes"?
>>
>>745392
why is it not wrong for a man to fuck a man other than his husband though
>>
>>745439
>>745437
>>
>>745439
wicked comeback dude you totally destroyed his self esteem right there too bad his argument still remains valid though
>>
>>745404
nice
>>
>>745411
>It is my goal to be a whore.
>>
>>745439
Epic
>>
>>745415
Are you the guy who said women know what they want?

Are you 12?
>>
>>745427
First off, this thread started over Academic Honesty.

Secondly, that's a feature of societal values if anything. And its far from being true in every case.
>>
>>745460
I'm not
Now back to tumblr
>>
>>745411
>i want to be a cumrag now but settle down with a beta provider later
maybe /r9k/ was right
>>
>>745457
It is my goal to enjoy myself.

Why, philosophically, shouldn't I, as a nihilist? This is what I asked, if you remember.
>>
>>745436
You underestimate how much the common landwhale gets laid.
>>
>>745488
Nothing wrong with it, it is kind of stupid that's all.
>>
File: 1456306413356.jpg (80 KB, 766x960) Image search: [Google]
1456306413356.jpg
80 KB, 766x960
Is me executing you for cheating morally wrong?
>>
>when the thread gets derailed by a self-justifying side bitch and /r9k/
>>
not if you get away with it, then it just becomes a different way of doing things
>>
>>745551
Kek
>>
>>745559
>designated cum dump and the bitter virgins: the thread

Fuck this board
>>
>>744984
Lemme google that
>>
>>744984

Depends entirely on the stakes. Cheating on a coinflip to go first at Clue is not morally comparable to cheating in a trial to send an innocent man to death row.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.