[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The year is 2016. Man has peered into the darkest corners of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 13
File: 1446295820001.png (466 KB, 4000x4012) Image search: [Google]
1446295820001.png
466 KB, 4000x4012
The year is 2016. Man has peered into the darkest corners of the cosmos, and observed the universe on its smallest scale. You walk around with more computing power in your pocket than was available to all of NASA in the 1970s. You live twice as long as your ancestors ever could have dreamed of, you have food in abundance and the future is brighter than ever. Humanity has achieved more in the last century than it ever has in its entire history. People are happier, freer, crime is lower, you're safer, more secure, and the entire wealth of human knowledge is available to you at your finger tips. You live in the dawn of humanity, you were born after the long dark night and you will never know the suffering that every other generation did.

And you still think the words of dehydrated desert madmen in the middle east are literal truth, you unironically believe in God, and think there's a heaven and hell.

You're literally a walking insult to everything humanity has ever achieved, lmao.
>>
>>732531
> You live twice as long as your ancestors ever could have dreamed of

When wll this meme end?
>>
>You walk around with more computing power in your pocket than was available to all of NASA in the 1970s.

this cant be true
>>
>>732570
It's true, my Nokia Brick wuz lunar landers n' sheeit.
>>
File: IMG_20160208_192852.jpg (146 KB, 551x551) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160208_192852.jpg
146 KB, 551x551
>>732531
I do wonder how long my generation will live. The rate at which the average age is increasing would appear to suggest I will live to see 2120 or even later.

Feels Goodman

Though this is assuming we havent already hit a plateau of human age limit; we won't know for sure for another hundred years after it's happened.
>>
>>732583
You also have to wonder about quality of life for that span of time. My grandma is 91 and probably has a year or two in her, but she's had arthritis for over 20 years and two strokes in the last ten years. Imagine living over a hundred years but spending at least 20 of those crippled or nearly vegetative.
>>
>>732531
>You live twice as long as your ancestors ever could have dreamed of
This is not true, largely because you don't understand infant and adult mortality.
>>
>>732531
>And you still think the words of dehydrated desert madmen in the middle east are literal truth, you unironically believe in God, and think there's a heaven and hell

But this is less and less true due to the quality of life you described yo
>>
>>732603
I have to agree, while health care is trudging along steadily, I fear it's being outpaced by the increase of age.

I don't know if I'd feel the same when I'm in a position when it'd concern me, but right now, I'd sooner be euthanised while I'm still human before letting medication and life support preserve my worn-out body like a piece of meat.
Huxley's Brave New World sets an aspiration for how I'd rather die: live until I get bored of living; never age a day past 25; and fade out peacefully in my sleep. In possession of all my faculties and washing away on a sea of pleasant hallucinogens. I doubt this would ever transpire to reality...
>>
>>732570
When I went to the Johnson space center back in 2005, the tour guide pointed out that our home PCs had more computing power than what nasa did the moon landing with.

Not shocking to be honest. They just did a lot more manually.
>>
File: Agc_view[1].jpg (118 KB, 723x385) Image search: [Google]
Agc_view[1].jpg
118 KB, 723x385
>>732570
The Apollo flight computers were about as powerful as a pocket calculator.
>>
>>732531
Muh paradigm interest progress relative philosophy humanity giant vs tiny advancement healthy science rationalism strawmans ignorance thinking feeling perceptions
>>
>>732531
>words of dehydrated desert madmen in the middle east
Kek, I'm stealing this.
>>
>>733043
Well tipp'd gentlesire I hope it aids you in the fight against the sheeple
>>
>>733068
>being this mad for having your delusions made fun of
>>
>>732531
The US is collapsing, violence is escalating every day, we're closer to World war three than ever before. We're headed towards a major regression. Now India is starting to run out of water.

"Freer" doesn't mean anything
>>
Note the complete silence from mentally ill 'religious' people.
>>
>>733079
I, too, get my idea of thousand+ year old traditions from South Park
>>
>>733146
Now you're just being a contrarian grasping at straws, what does an animation series have to do with this?
>>
>>733252
Willing to bet money none of you have studied or internalized a single spiritual thing but you think you've got it all figured out
>>
>>733270
Can you elaborate on the ontology of said spiritual things?
>>
>>733278
I'm not going to sit here and write an exegesis on Neoplatonic metaphysics but anyone who characterizes religion as just the le ravings of le desert man betrays his fundamental ignorance of human nature and also the fact that as a sheltered white boy he doesn't know shit about life or how it was lived
>>
File: 1428915573665.jpg (46 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1428915573665.jpg
46 KB, 640x480
>>733286
>being a Platonist
>>
>>733270
>Willing to bet money none of you have studied or internalized a single spiritual thing
Ask my crucifix.
>>
>>733288
Absolutely ebin
>>
File: yeezus.jpg (116 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
yeezus.jpg
116 KB, 500x600
>>732531
somebody needs jesus in their life methinks
>>
>>732570
It is
Now, how some retards can keep believing in Moon landing knowing that, I can't explain
>>
File: buddha.jpg (151 KB, 723x989) Image search: [Google]
buddha.jpg
151 KB, 723x989
>>732531
Men are still subject to old age, sickness and death. Life is still subject to ill-ease and suffering.

This is the first noble truth.
>>
>>733497
A man can fight
>>
>>733503
Indeed he can. He can fight the mental afflictions and delusions that allow for suffering to arise in the first place.

This is the third noble truth.
>>
>>733513
Or he can fight the stillness of mankind
>>
File: marryone.jpg (6 KB, 190x265) Image search: [Google]
marryone.jpg
6 KB, 190x265
>>732531

somebody needs a bottle of milk and a nap
>>
>>733475
You realize that you don't need computers to fly in space right? They just make things much faster and are less prone to mistake, which makes space flight safer as you won't accidentally mistime a burn and send yourself flying into space or into the planet you just launched from. Orbital mechanics can all be done by hand.
>>
>>733085
>The US is collapsing
It's not, reducing in global significance with the rise of the EU and China, sure, but it's not going to fall apart anytime soon.
> violence is escalating every day
Violent crime and death rate in all first world nations have been on a steady decline since at least the 1970's if not earlier
>we're closer to World war three than ever before
In what way? Relations between the US and Russia may be a little cooler than they have been over the last 2 decades, but we are no where near the level of tension that was present at the height of the Cold War, and all other major powers have rather warm relations with each other or are too economically dependent on each other to go to war.
>We're headed towards a major regression
How? More information is better preserved now than any other time in history
>Now India is starting to run out of water.
That's what happens when you don't believe in toilets and then spend half a century fucking like crazy.
>>
People still believe capitalism is bad, so it doesn't surprise me that much.
>>
>you'll live to be twice as old as your ancestors but also twice as small, lest there'll be no space.
The UN literally has asked people to either go vegan or start eating insects.
>>
File: fedora meme.jpg (266 KB, 1170x720) Image search: [Google]
fedora meme.jpg
266 KB, 1170x720
>>
>>733551
Well considering that it's leading us down the road of oligarchy and massive social stratification, it's not exactly "all that." Never mind the sundering of earth and her delicate ecosystems for their limited resources in the name of profit.

Make no mistake, while capitalism has undoubtedly been the driving force between the vast majority of technological progress in the last one hundred years, if we do not take action to address its shortcomings, it will also be our undoing.
>>
>>732531
You're literally walking into hell lmao
>>
>>733566
Hell doesn't exist.
>>
>>733568
Says who? You?
>>
>>733582
Unless you can empirically prove the existence of hell, there is no reason to believe such a place exists.
>>
>>733470

Indeed. And some does not preclude all.
>>
>>733587
Says who? You?
>>
File: download (3).jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
7 KB, 225x225
>>733587
>unless you can empirically prove the existence of hell

lol where do they find you mooks
>>
>>733594
Usually at a Barnes and Nobles or Hot Topic in your local mall.
>>
>>733589
>>733582
I prayed to God and he told me Hell doesn't exist.
>>
>>733605
I suggest you start praying to the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob then.

Revelation 19:20 Then the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who worked signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image. These two were cast alive into the lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Revelation 20:10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Revelation 20:14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.
>>
>>733610
Why would I believe something written by men?
I only believe what God tells me via prayer.
>>
>>733610
>Thinking Revelations is in any way divine
Jesus was the last prophet, something written by a guy exiled to some island, high off his ass on shrooms shouldn't be in a book that is the holy word of God.
>>
>>733614

Why wouldn't you believe something inspired by the Holy Spirit of God, Who is Truth?
>>
>>733627
Revelation 1:8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”
>>
>>733628
>Why wouldn't you believe something inspired by the Holy Spirit of God, Who is Truth?
Are you so naive that you trust any biased authority figure who seeks to control you? I'm not sure where you come up with the gall to contradict what God told me by pointing to some book. I trust God more than any human or any book written by humans.
>>
>>732531
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronological_snobbery
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whig_history
>>
>>733645
Easy.

Your god is from your father, the devil.
>>
Ecce. OP is right. Christianity is an insult to our way of life.
>>
>>733654
You sound like some crazy cultist.
I think I'll trust God over some random person on the internet, sorry.
>>
>>733660

Says the guy trusting voices in his head that contradict the bible.

kek
>>
>>733610
You know there are massive Christian sects that don't believe in Revelations, right?

Why are you righter than they?
>>
>>733666
Nice try Satan.
>>
>>733667
Who?

(Please say catholics. kek)
>>
>>733610
Those are metaphors, not literal.
>>
>>733704
Point out one metaphor.
>>
>>733688
I believe it's some church based in Uganda with millions of followers.
>>
>>733709
Jim Jones' church? I would beg to disagree. They believed it unto death.
>>
>>733722
Jim Jones' church was based in North America and moved to South America. But that's not the only church which cuts from the Bible. Seriously, look into it. Basically only Ameriburger Protestants follow the 66-book bible. Most other sects have different books.

Christians tend not to know inconvenient things like this. Having your head in the sand is critical to participate in apologetics, anyway.
>>
>>733707
The Beast is a metaphor for some nation, not a literal supernatural Beast.
The devil,satan is an allegory for falsehood, literally "the adversary".
The Lake of Fire is allegory for being miserable.
The Book of Life is a metaphor for true belief.
>>
>>733737
Oh, the people who believe Revelation are wrong?

Revelation 22
A Warning
For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Bible disagrees with you. Whom to believe, whom to believe.....you? Or Jesus?
>>
>>733744
>Revelation 19:20 Then the beast was captured
The beast in this context is a man, the Antichrist, not a metaphor for "some nation".

>and with him the false prophet
aka the pope

>Revelation 20:10 The devil, who deceived them
The actual devil. satan. lucifer. The fallen angel. A real singular being.

>was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone
Nothing metaphorical about that. Ask Sodom and Gomorrah.

>written in the Book of Life
An actual book.

Philippians 4:3 And I urge you also, true companion, help these women who labored with me in the gospel, with Clement also, and the rest of my fellow workers, whose names are in the Book of Life.

Revelation 13:8 All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Want to try again?
>>
>>733762
What's with the whole "and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it"?
>>
>>733752
>being a gullible idiot who gets tricked into believing sociopathic empty threats written by people 2000 years ago who never knew you existed and never cared about you
Are Christians evil? They seem to harbor fantasies of intense hatred of their fellow human beings.
>>
>>733772

Nobody in the church goes to hell.

Ironically, most people in the Roman Catholic church go to hell. They will be very surprised. So be it.
>>
>>733762
>The beast in this context is a man, the Antichrist, not a metaphor for "some nation".
Your interpretation
>aka the pope
Once again your interpretation, could be talking about any false prophet
>Revelation 20:10 The devil, who deceived them
The actual devil. satan. lucifer. The fallen angel. A real singular being.
Again your interpretation, and also shows your lack of understanding of the old testament, and wiliness to take non canonical sources as gospel.

>Nothing metaphorical about that. Ask Sodom and Gomorrah.
Sodom and Gamorrah were not tossed into a "Lake of Fire" according to the text.
>>
>>733762
>angels and devils and space aliens
lol
>>
>>733773
Greentexting it twice makes it more truthful?

If you want to talk about gullible idiots, let's talk about people who get their ideas about God and Jesus and the bible and Christians from THE FATHER OF LIES.

Now THERE'S some gullible idiots!
>>
>>733790
Inter-dimensional aliens, not extra-terrestrial aliens, but yes. Aliens to us. Both God and the angels are alien to the human race.
>>
>>733789
Bible interprets itself.

Revelation 20:10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

The beast, the antichrist, a human, and the false prophet, the pope, are still there, on fire, a thousand years later.

There is no oblivion. There is no annihilation. There is only eternal torment for unbelievers.
>>
>>733789
>Sodom and Gamorrah were not tossed into a "Lake of Fire" according to the text.

A lake of fire and brimstone fell on them from the heavens, yes.
>>
>>733792
>THE FATHER OF LIES
I am calling Poe's Law on this post.
This has to be performance art, no one can be this deluded.
>>
>>733803
>The sun was risen upon the earth when Lot came unto Zoar
>Then the LORD caused to rain upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven
Yeah sure depending on how you want to interpret it could say it was a "Lake" but given what rain actually is sound like discreet units of brimstone and fire falling from the sky, a lake would describe a large solid body of fire and brimstone.
>>
>>733816
Call whatever you want, sport. Or maybe pick up a bible and start reading it.

John 8:44
You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.
>>
>>733832
Isn't the point that the fire and brimstone are real?

Isn't the point that you are headed towards a very real lake of fire and brimstone?

Doesn't the fact that doesn't bother you, bother you?
>>
>>733838
>Isn't the point that you are headed towards a very real lake of fire and brimstone?
>Doesn't the fact that doesn't bother you, bother you?
No because even if Revelations wasn't written by crazy person 90 years after Jesus died, and placed in the Bible by a bunch Romans 300 years after the fact, I still don't think Hell is real, so why would I worry about going there?
>>
>>733850
John the beloved wrote the Revelation @ 95 AD, so about 63 years after Jesus rose from the dead.

The Romans had nothing to do with the book itself; whether they put it in their canon is irrelevant.

As it clearly shows Rome as Babylon, Roman Catholicism as Mystery Babylon, and the pope as the False Prophet, they CLEARLY have personal and biased reasons to discourage people from reading it.

There is no more evil institution on earth than the Vatican. Holocaust evil. Murdering babies evil. Making sure you go to hell evil.

You CANNOT be sure hell is not real, and you CANNOT be sure you are not headed there.

You are facing an INFINITELY NEGATIVE outcome, and your preparations for handling it are ZERO so far.
>>
>>733834
I will call it unreasonable, you are just making things up and taking them for granted and blaming me for not accepting your premises. You can't possibly pretend you are even trying to argue in good faith.
>>
File: my 70s chin when.jpg (25 KB, 210x279) Image search: [Google]
my 70s chin when.jpg
25 KB, 210x279
>>733870
I agree that we should discount the unsubstantiated claims of CLEARLY biased speakers, such as sociopathic cultists who use fear-based emotional appeals to convince simpletons to obey them.
>>
>>733881
You said I was delusional, and then I posted the bible verse that backed up my "delusional" conclusion.

Where is your evidence that Christians are "ignorant" and "hateful"?
>>
>>733901
>sociopathic cultists

Got anything but ad hom, there, sport? Anything at all?
>>
>>733908
>I posted the bible verse that backed up my "delusional" conclusion.

lol

>Where is your evidence that Christians are "ignorant" and "hateful"?
Your beliefs that a huge majority of human beings deserve to be tortured for not agreeing with you.
>>
>>733870
>The Romans had nothing to do with the book itself; whether they put it in their canon is irrelevant
Except that the first Bibles were made by Romans, and almost all Western Christian denominations base their canon on what the Church of Rome included in the Canon.

>As it clearly shows Rome as Babylon, Roman Catholicism as Mystery Babylon
A book written when Rome was basically a giant evil empire oppressing all the Christians has anti-Roman bias? No fucking way.

>and the pope as the False Prophet
Once again an interpretation thing. For one there were plenty of people contemporary to the writer that would be considered False Prophet. Second, there are lots of modern or historical people that could be considered False Prophets. You saying "NO IT'S TOTALLY THE POPE BECAUSE REASONS AND I SAY SO" is just anti-catholic bias on your part.

>they CLEARLY have personal and biased reasons to discourage people from reading it.
Then why did they include it IN THEIR FUCKING CANON. Guess what Revelation is in the Vulgate and the modern Catholic Bible.

>There is no more evil institution on earth than the Vatican.
Debatable.

>You CANNOT be sure hell is not real, and you CANNOT be sure you are not headed there.
I cannot be sure there are giant invisible elephants walking around my house right now either and that if I go outside one will step on me. Oh whatever shall I do.
>>
>>733560

The UN sucks. Its literally the place people go to bitch. Everything is decided before they study it. For fuck sake they just did a report on online harassment and had to pull it do to embarrassment.

They are shit and anything that comes out of there is not to be respected it is at best advocacy data.
>>
>>733915

1. That's not my belief.

2. Everyone deserves to be tortured for rebelling against God.

3. There's a way out.

I never said "believe me or die". If pushed, I would say "believe God or die".
>>
>>733912
Sure, let's edit that part out:
We should discount the unsubstantiated claims of CLEARLY biased speakers, such as Christians.
>>
>>732531
>You live twice as long as your ancestors ever could have dreamed of
For most of civilized history if you made it past childhood you were likely to see your sixties, and many societies produced long lives seemingly as a rule. Fucking Greek philosophers and dramatists seem to die no younger than 90, unless they're killed by a flying tortoise or a drunk donkey.
>>
>>733922
The bible was written centuries before the Romans perverted their pagan religion into Catholicism.

Bible: finished 95 AD
Roman Catholicism: started 325 AD

So, no. It's all papist lies. We owe them nothing.

Guess what? Rome went nowhere. And it's oppressing the world again, through the EU. By way of the NWO. As foretold in 95 AD.

There are many false prophets. There is only one False Prophet working on behalf of The Antichrist, and again, there are many antichrists.

What the papists put in their canon is irrelevant. They discourage reading it, and discourage teaching it. Nor do they know what it means, as they are lost themselves.

If it's debatable, put up another institution as evil as the Vatican.

You could be sure of that, were you not insane. Sorry for your luck.
>>
File: as you like.jpg (23 KB, 342x341) Image search: [Google]
as you like.jpg
23 KB, 342x341
>>733927
>2. Everyone deserves to be tortured for rebelling against God.

Well there you have it.
>>
>>733928

Are all experts in their field biased?
>>
>>733942

Were I you, I would focus on #3 now.
>>
>>733943
Experts in deception and rhetoric, perhaps.
>>
>>733947
You don't seem to understand I don't buy your premise in the first place, and you have done nothing but try to guilt trip me with made-up threats.

You are some crackpot conspiracy theorist and talking to you is like talking to a brick wall.
>>
>>733949
So, let's say an expert in chemistry, since you seem to be an idiot. Is he biased towards chemistry in any way?
>>
>>733966

If you lived in medieval times, and you learned that your country had been conquered, and that the conquering king was riding by, would you stand as he passed you, or bend the knee?
>>
>>733901
So you think we should just up an stop doing ancient history?
>>
>>733984

Each and every scholastic discipline EVER would need to stop, according to that idiot. All of them.
>>
>>733085
>closer to WW3 than ever before

That's a clever statement. If WW3 is bound to happen, than the present time is always one step close to WW3.
>>
>>733966

You don't seem to understand that you are not in charge of what reality does with you.

You don't seem to understand that you are not god.
>>
>>733996

It's already started, with the annexing of the Crimea and Eastern Ukraine, the Chinese aggression into the Sea of Japan, the forming of the Caliphate, and the nuclear ambitions of Iran.

We're in WWIII right now.
>>
>>733940
>Bible: finished 95 AD
Got any evidence to prove that? Also
>Roman Catholicism: started 325 AD
Modern, Enlightenment, Reformation, Medieval, and Late Antiquity Roman Catholicism all had some serious doctrinal difference between them. I don't think you understand that Roman Catholicism now, is now the Roman Church of 400 AD.

>So, no. It's all papist lies. We owe them nothing.
Right because Roman Catholicism wasn't the on major Christian church in Western Europe for almost 1000 years, and Protestantism isn't just a break away from Catholicism, and you all just had the magical original complete Bible "do not steal" from 95 AD just lying around waiting to be printed in a language that didn't exist when it was written.

>Guess what? Rome went nowhere. And it's oppressing the world again, through the EU. By way of the NWO. As foretold in 95 AD.
Got any evidence for that? Last I checked most countries around the world give no fucks about the Pope or anything the Vatican says, even a lot of the Catholic ones.

>There are many false prophets. There is only one False Prophet working on behalf of The Antichrist, and again, there are many antichrists.

Fair, point to me where it specifically states that the Roman Catholic Pope must be the False Prophet.

>They discourage reading it, and discourage teaching it.

Got any examples of that?

>If it's debatable, put up another institution as evil as the Vatican.
Going full Godwin, Nazi's, Communist Russia, the Mongols, etc.
>>
>>733975
If he gained expertise by conducting experiments to determine the system of chemical reactions, and was solicited to explain these reactions then he would be an unbiased expert.

If he read a cultural treatise of unfounded assertions and tried to convince people of the miracles of chemistry by emotional appeals, then he would be biased.
>>
>>733984
What a non sequitur.
If I don't agree with a Christian telling me about Hell that means I hate History?
>>
>>734032
No. You're suggesting we should dismiss all classical sources.
>>
>>734006
Yes.
95 AD to 400 AD is even longer.
It was something for a thousand yeas, but not Christian.
Yes.
State your nominee.
Yes
Vatican behind the Nazis, behind the Marxists; you're going to have to do better than that.
>>
>>734009

So, no expert, except a christian, is biased.

That is your opinion, and of course, it is not biased.
>>
>>734032
Did any historian ever write with any bias?

And it's God telling you about hell, through me. You can go to Him directly, and He'll tell you the same thing.
>>
>>734039
A cultist trying to convert me to his religion using emotional appeals and threats of torture is biased.
>>
>>734001
>It's already started, with the annexing of the Crimea and Eastern Ukraine, the Chinese aggression into the Sea of Japan, the forming of the Caliphate, and the nuclear ambitions of Iran.
Honestly, those just seem like extensions of local conflicts. I doubt they'll escalate into WWIII.
>>
>>733086
*tip*
>>
>>734036
We can cautiously infer historical events, but we might dismiss their claims of mythical supernatural figures.
>>
>>734037
>Vatican behind the nazis, behind the marxists; you're going to have to do better than that
Do you have any evidence to support those assertions?
Also, "you're going to have to do better than that"? Really? Do you think that this argument is a personal attack on you or something?
>>
>>734037
>Yes.
Cool where is it?
>95 AD to 400 AD is even longer.
What?
>It was something for a thousand yeas, but not Christian.
So what were they then?
>Yes.
Cool, where is it?
>State your nominee.
As soon as you back up your claim with evidence, this shouldn't be hard, you said it's in the Bible right?
>Yes
Cool. Can you show them to me?
>Vatican behind the Nazis, behind the Marxists
Putting aside the Vatican's need to control two opposing ideologies that repeatedly tried to destroy each other, one of which was atheist and run mostly by Jews, and the other which tried to destroy Jews as race, where's your evidence? Also what about the Mongols? Oh also the Aztecs, they were pretty shitty too. the Akkadians where supposedly really nasty back in the day as well.
>>
>>734047
Who on earth did that?

Do you even know what a "cult" is?
>>
>>734053
People probably doubted Hitler rolling into Poland would cause Japan to be nuked.
>>
>this is the ravings of madmen living in a desert over a millenia ago
>therefore, you ought to get naked, slut it up, import shitskins by the thousands and drug yourself up and go extinct

i can't comprehend how they arrive at this conclusion of theirs. how does the liberal mind operate?
>>
>>734058
On the basis that the supernatural does not exist.

Which your "rational" mind has concluded.

Based on.......absence of evidence being the evidence of absence? Normalcy bias? Which logical fallacy has you in its grip?
>>
>>734074
If you posit that two of the most evil regimes of the last century were worse than the Vatican, when the Vatican was behind both of them, you're going to have to do better to propose an agent more evil than the Vatican.

The Vatican trained Karl Marx. He's one of theirs. With that, they then introduced Communism in 1848 through Karl Marx. They tutored him in the British Museum, according to Alberto Rivera, an ex-Jesuit.

So Marx, the Jewish Freemason, was to be the one to put forward this Communism for the world, so that Communism would look like a Jewish brain-child, so that Communism could be blamed on the Jews. Well, what’s not told is that the Jews involved in the implementing of Communism were Masonic Jews. Karl Marx was a 33rd-degree Freemason, a worshipper of Lucifer, whose father wanted nothing to do with him, because his father was a Baptist preacher.

Note that the current pope is also a Marxist.
>>
>>732531
And you use all that to shitpost on an imageboard instead of doing something to make the world a better place. Talk about an insult to everything humanity has ever achieved
>>
>>734169
>.absence of evidence being the evidence of absence
You're correct that absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, but it not evidence of existence either, it's just lack of evidence, and in the absence of evidence of existence, it's safe to assume something does not existence until otherwise proven to. That does not mean 100% that it does not exist, just that it has not been proven yet, and until then no assumptions should be made based on it's existence.
>>
>>734077
It's on this thing called "the internet", and can be found by "googling" key words.

Irenaeus
Irenaeus (A.D. 180), a student of Polycarp (who was a disciple of the apostle John), wrote that the apocalyptic vision “was seen not very long ago, almost in our own generation, at the close of the reign of Domitian” (Against Heresies 30). The testimony of Irenaeus, not far removed from the apostolic age, is first rate. He places the book near the end of Domitian’s reign, and that ruler died in A.D. 96. Irenaeus seems to be unaware of any other view for the date of the book of Revelation.

Clement of Alexandria
Clement of Alexandria (A.D. 155-215) says that John returned from the isle of Patmos “after the tyrant was dead” (Who Is the Rich Man? 42), and Eusebius, known as the “Father of Church History,” identifies the “tyrant” as Domitian (Ecclesiastical History III.23).
>>
>>734205
It's never safe to assume anything.

Ever.
>>
File: Number God.jpg (19 KB, 420x260) Image search: [Google]
Number God.jpg
19 KB, 420x260
True. People holds into traditions that is just way to do thing and mediocre way it best. Instead we should look into heroic act and accomplishments of human race as a whole. But this is hard thing to do. Anyway can be a believer. That is how all this religion survived at the first place. The second when you decide to be a hero you realize that you can't be one and this truth hurts. Much more people pretending that they doing some kind important thing with religion and spirituality than struggling to do something or real importance. In the end religion is just ultimate form of escapism.
>>
>>734206
>It's on this thing called "the internet", and can be found by "googling" key words.
You are the one making claims here, don't shift the burden of proof to me. You want me to believe what you say, then do the legwork and stop being lazy.

>Irenaeus
>Irenaeus (A.D. 180), a student of Polycarp (who was a disciple of the apostle John), wrote that the apocalyptic vision “was seen not very long ago, almost in our own generation, at the close of the reign of Domitian” (Against Heresies 30). The testimony of Irenaeus, not far removed from the apostolic age, is first rate. He places the book near the end of Domitian’s reign, and that ruler died in A.D. 96. Irenaeus seems to be unaware of any other view for the date of the book of Revelation.

>Clement of Alexandria
>Clement of Alexandria (A.D. 155-215) says that John returned from the isle of Patmos “after the tyrant was dead” (Who Is the Rich Man? 42), and Eusebius, known as the “Father of Church History,” identifies the “tyrant” as Domitian (Ecclesiastical History III.23).

All that does is show evidence of the writing and date of writing of the Book of Revelations, it does not have anything to do with when the canon was established, and only matters if you believe Revelations was the last piece of canon. Before the Synods and Ecumenical councils of the 4th and 5th century, there was no uniform canon or doctrinal practices.
>>
>>734215
Exactly, hence
>That does not mean 100% that it does not exist, just that it has not been proven yet, and until then no assumptions should be made based on it's existence.
Making no assumption based on the existence of something not proven is the same as assuming it to not exist.
>>
>>734235

>Gets evidence.

>Bitches anyways.

>Rejects evidence based on nothing.

Let me ask you a question, numbnuts. If I take 12 donuts that you make, and put them into a box, did I make the donuts?
>>
>>734241

Assumption: There is no hell I am currently headed toward. Chance of me being correct is 99.9999999%.

That .0000001% chance of an infinitely negative outcome = infinitely negative outcome.

Wake up. You're not an animal. You did not "evolve" from some "missing link". The world ain't that old, and shit changes quick.
>>
>>734259
>.0000001% chance of an infinitely negative outcome = infinitely negative outcome.
If I told you that I would torture you and your family for eternity unless you send me a million dollars in Bitcoin, you would do it, wouldn't you?
>>
>>734247
I was refuting that the evidence supports your claim, you don't like it, tell me how it supports it.

>Let me ask you a question, numbnuts. If I take 12 donuts that you make, and put them into a box, did I make the donuts?
Nice Ad hom, u mad bro? Any way your metaphor doesn't hold up. If you are saying that the Bible was completed when it's last book was written and not when the Biblical canon was established then you need to define, what the last book of the Bible is, what it's legitimacy to that claim is, whether or not other apocryphal texts count as part of the Bible, why they don't if they do not, if any later books may be counted as part of the Bible, if not why, if any earlier or undiscovered texts are part of the Bible, and if not why, and so on and so forth.
>>
>>734259
>Assumption: There is no hell I am currently headed toward. Chance of me being correct is 99.9999999%.

>That .0000001% chance of an infinitely negative outcome = infinitely negative outcome.
The 99.9999999999999'infinitely repeating forever"% chance that I am correct is also an infinite outcome in the positive. So then by your logic, both must be true or both must be false.

>Wake up. You're not an animal. You did not "evolve" from some "missing link". The world ain't that old, and shit changes quick.
Got any evidence for that?
>>
>>734259
>YEC and evolution denial
Arright i'm out.
>>
>>733288
>being a Christian
>>
>>733534
You seem to lack a grasp of engineering.
I'm not sure what you're trying to point out in your post. Surely most math can be done by hand although some not practically. Are you going to do time to frequency transforms on your piece of paper and crank the "accelerate" handle on your rocket?...

Computers were and always will be essential to space flight.
>>
>>734259
>you're not an animal

Are there people that genuinely believe this, just because it personally insults them? Kek. Christfags are the ultimate >pls don't hurt muh fee-fees faggots.
>>
>>734259
>pascal's wager

What if God sends you to hell for not trying to understand His creation, and abusing the rationality He had endowed to you? What if the real god sends people to hell for trying to gamble their way into the good afterlife and not having true conviction?
Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.