[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who would win?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: estonia.png (61 KB, 2048x1338) Image search: [Google]
estonia.png
61 KB, 2048x1338
Modern day Estonia vs Roman Empire in its prime.
>>
>>918337
What's the scenario?
How far away would the countries be from each other?
Would they have to produce their supplies themselves?
Would they have to win a single battle, or would would some of them have to stop an invasin from the other or should both take the enemy capital?
>>
>>918343
>How far away would the countries be from each other?
Both Estonia and Roman Empire would be in their current position, also, Roman Empire would know where Estonia is located

>Would they have to produce their supplies themselves?
Yes

>Would they have to win a single battle, or would would some of them have to stop an invasin from the other or should both take the enemy capital?
They would have to annex their enemy or make it a vassal state. Genocide also works
>>
>>918337
shut the fuck up olga
>>
File: wewuzkhans.jpg (149 KB, 620x388) Image search: [Google]
wewuzkhans.jpg
149 KB, 620x388
>>918337
>>918367
Two scenarios, according to who attacks first

> ROME ATTACKS FIRST: EESTI DELENDA EST

Romans werent stupid, they would have sent some scouts and spies behorehand, seeing the rare culture of eesties with depression, commie blocks and Toothbrushgifposting. Since army barracks are usually located in hidden locations, even if the spies managed to see guns and tanks, they would still get little to no information about modern warfare.

Given the green light for a ROMA INVICTA attack, things would probably go like the GATE (loli mercury ftw) anime with romans sending massive legions across the forests only to be received with shelling after shelling of artillery fire and air support like 10 kms even before reaching an Eesti military outpost.

This would mean massive casualties for the roman side as they fought in tight formations, alas ignoring altogether the crippling fear this flying chariots and magic explosion would cause on the troops

In the rare case equites or jabelin-throwers got even near the base, they would certainly be cucked by gunfire from machine guns. No possible armor from the era could even protect them from a 9mm.

Supossing Eesti tries a diplomatic approach instead of ending the war swiftly with a counter-attack (see case below, if Eesti attacked first). Some panicked roman generals would consider to stop aggresion all together while there could be the rare case of a general sending spies to study and steal this new magical insta kill weapons, some spies could even try to use gold to bribe or get some traitorious slavs on their side (as if that would work).

Even with stolen guns, the time needed for adaptation of armies would definetly come to late for the cucked romans.

TLDR; Guns and choppers/plane would cuck romans into oblivion whatever the case

> Eesti attacks first

Sends airborne mission to Rome, capture senators and emperor, end of war by empire desintegration or surrender
>>
Rome, easy.
Rome,was at its height, rich, much gold. It also was common to use auxiliaries.
Rome would have hired America. As Saudi did in gulf war one.
>>
>>919383
>Sends airborne mission to Rome
I don't think Eesti has the potential to do this. They simply lack the airforce to do a long range mission (it's an almost 4000 kilometers long distance).
>Guns and choppers/plane would cuck romans into oblivion whatever the case
I don't think so, given the small size of their airforce, I suppose their best trump card would be that few armored vehicles they have as long as they can keep them running.
I don't know if Estonia has the supplies, like you know, ammo, to kill hundreds of thousands if not millions of invading soldiers. That is the deciding factor.
>>
>>919507
>I don't know if Estonia has the supplies, like you know, ammo, to kill hundreds of thousands if not millions of invading soldiers. That is the deciding factor.
Isn't there a pretty big chance most of the men riots when they get to experience artillery and gunfire for the first time in their lives?
And what if the Estonias tries to ally nearby Germanic tribes against the Roman empire?
>>
>>919552
Yeah, the whole setting only has a point if we suppose that the Romans dont retreat at the first sight of modern weaponry and are determined enough to continue a full scale war against Estonia at all costs.
Hiring German tribes is a good idea, but I imagined a map where there is only Estonia and the Empire, the latter united and detrmined to destroy the former.
Of course, realistically looking Eesti would be able to defend itself (I doubt though that they could raze and destoy the city of Rome), but I think it is more interesting and challenging to find ways for Rome to win.
>>
>>918337
I'm going with the side that has machine guns and grenades
>>
>>919507
>>919483
Well mrs Maureen and Eleanor this is /his/ and not a /romegeneral/ forum, so no larping pls.
Current Eesti has 17500 active military personel, with 218k reserves. If Eesti fully mobilized, with a conservative estimate we could say that a fully armed estonian army would have 50k fully abled personel.

Also in land equipment, they have quite a few battle tanks and APCs but fuel could become an issue as the war goes on.

Sadly current Eesti doesnt have armed aircrafts, but still has helicopters and airplanes for mobilizing small squads or recon missions. (The knowledge of the land and army positions would play a major factor in favour for the nordish lithuanian cousins).

Also we have to consider that Eesti is a modern baltic country, probably meaning that most of its food its imported, so things could get dangerous some months after entire Estonia teletransported in space and time to the classical world

The chances of success of Rome are pretty bleak, and all consists in not falling apart after the first major attacks (very difficult since all would look like witchcraft and divine retribution for them) and being able to adapt their tactics to the new warfare, if they manage to survive long enough for Eesti to deplete its ammo and food reserves (probably a year after they met, not considering the possibility of Eesti to just steal cattle and grain of captured places) then maybe they could stand a chance.

Also we dont have to forget that while ex-soviet, depressed and alcoholic, the Eestis as part of the modern world have much more knowledge about everything than roman peoples do. If eestis get desperate, they could easily say fuck it all and create biological weapons or spread a common strain of flu amongst the probably not yet immunized romans. They could adapt much better to problems than their enemies.

I think Rome has only chances agains non nations like Haiti or any south-Saharan state and even so they would take massive loses by gunfire alon
>>
machineguns and explosives alone would let each estonian kill a hundred romans, not to even mention air support and the huge morale impact
>>
>>919977
> Cook
> Cuck
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.