[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have huguenot ancestry. Tell me about my people.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 41596154615.jpg (73 KB, 500x638) Image search: [Google]
41596154615.jpg
73 KB, 500x638
I have huguenot ancestry. Tell me about my people.
>>
>>682093

Why are you asking muslims? I used to live in East Anglia, a lot of Hugenots settled there after they were driven from France.
>>
>>682093
It birthed in 843
Peaked in 1811
Got humiliated in 1940

You can find plenty of book on the history of the French people
>>
File: 1452096871575.png (98 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1452096871575.png
98 KB, 400x400
>>682105
How on earth was my question directed to muslims?
>>
>>682115
Yeah, it's a real mystery..
>>
>>682118
Maybe I'm retarded (though my guess is you're retarded), but I don't get it...
>>
>>682171
Damn. Sorry, I'm retarded...
>>
>>682176
who knew
>>
French Protestants
That's about it
>>
>>682112

Can we just make this 'muh surrender monkies' meme an autoban?
>>
>>682093
Their fleeing France is explained very well in Intolerance.
>>
A good few of them came to Ulster, the Protestant part of Ireland, thanks to the Huguenots and their knowledge of textiles they helped make Ulster one of the key areas in textile and linen manufacturing. Or so I've been told.
>>
>>682112
>american education
>>
>>682093
https://archive.org/details/historyofnewfran01lesc

Here you go. This guy, Marc Lescarbot went with a huge mission of Huguenots to the new world. There, he describes the many meetings they had with natives as well as France being a general dick to them because of their Protestant faith.
It's a good read in general. He doesn't bash on the natives at all, he admires their progress despite having 0 knowledge of metallurgy. Still calls em savages though
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.