[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me about the Philippine-American war.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: billywantssomefugg.jpg (38 KB, 500x429) Image search: [Google]
billywantssomefugg.jpg
38 KB, 500x429
Tell me about the Philippine-American war.
>>
>>681655
>>681655
It was a continuation of the Philippine independence war against Spain that the Americans originally supported. However, during peace talks the Spanish, instead of releasing the Philippines, simply transferred governance to the American military, who then simply sat on the Philippines as military governors. Aguinaldo's government wasn't recognized by the US, who wanted to create their own government in order to secure a military base and influence in the region, something Aguinaldo, a hard isolationist, wasn't cooperating on. Thus, when an armed revolutionary guard was shot for approaching the US compound, the tension escalated into all out war that ended in an American victory.

It was basically a "testrun" by the American government of its capabilities to fight in overseas conflicts, and was essential to building its influence in the Pacific.
>>
Colt 45 made to kill cracked out Phillipines
>>
>>682381
so the pinoys were vicious little buggers right?
>>
>>682400
What do ponies have to do with anything?
>>
>>681754
Thanks
>>
>>681655
>Phillippines thought they were ready for a Republic and independence.
>US takes a look at it internally, and says "No".
>Philippines think they can push out US.
>Philippines starts shit and gets it shit pushed in.
>US nurtures the Philippines with promise of letting it become an independent republic until Japs take it over because East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere.
>After WWII, the Philippines became an independent Republic.
>>
>>681655
>not submitting to the almighty US of A and become the second hawaii
Rizal died for nothing
Now look where the country is now flipfags
>>
>>681655
Strongest race vs strongest country.
Something had to give.
>>
>>685147
>Strongest race
>not aryan
Dream on flipfag
>>
File: 1367865602586.jpg (36 KB, 400x298) Image search: [Google]
1367865602586.jpg
36 KB, 400x298
>>685173
>being a newfag cancer
>>
>>682456
Pinoy = flip
>>
>>685083
>Philippines starts shit and gets it shit pushed in.
...no?
>Sources generally agree that the first shots were fired by Private William Walter Grayson, an Englishman who had emigrated to America c. 1890, had enlisted as a volunteer soldier in Lincoln, Nebraska
>>
KATIPUNAN
>>
>>685717
Makes sense: Amercian police nowadays start shooting first
>>
>>685717
Anglos strike once again.
>>
Jacob Smith.
>>
>>685136
Honestly this
t. Flip
>>
>>685083
Nigga, that was after the war.
>>
File: luna-soldiers-600x370.png (395 KB, 600x370) Image search: [Google]
luna-soldiers-600x370.png
395 KB, 600x370
>>681655
A war that Flips forget about even though how many times it was mentioned in History classes. Americans are still generally viewed as heroes rather than invaders.

I bet a common Flip would be oblivious that millions of civilians died through out the war.

Want to know more about the it? Heneral Luna (movie) should give you an overview in the Filipino perspective
>>
A real cavaet it was the most brutal war we fought. Atrocities were happening on both sides. American concentration camps were created in remote villages to insure a proper count of population during conflicts and able to weed out the insurrectos (rebels)

After the Battle of (massacre)Balangiga General Jacob Smith for the pacification of Samar ordered " I want no prisoners. I wish for you to kill and burn ; the more you kill and burn the better it will pleases me. The interior of Samar must be a howlin wildnerness" Thus everyone beyond ten was put into the firing squad
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.