[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>2016 >being a gnostic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: download (20).jpg (6 KB, 171x240) Image search: [Google]
download (20).jpg
6 KB, 171x240
>2016
>being a gnostic
>>
rip the veil, pleb
>>
>>678989
<2016
<not reading Thomas daily
>>
>>679092
>muh demiurge
>>
File: Meditations on the Tarot.jpg (401 KB, 1697x2560) Image search: [Google]
Meditations on the Tarot.jpg
401 KB, 1697x2560
This book is the greatest Christian answer to the problem of Gnosticism.
>>
>>678989
nice post tbqh, genus
>>
>>679304
Don't Christianism condemn Tarot and other forms of divination? I'm just curious. Could you also say in few words why it answers the problem of gnosticism?
>>
>>678989
Archon please, turn off the simulation.
>>
>>679336
That's the thing, it's not actually about tarot cards or divinations, but about the deep inner spiritual journey of the genuine Christian seeker that uses tarot archetypes as metaphors for different stages of the spiritual life.

As for how it discounts gnosticism, it's basically offering path to the same spiritual goal as gnostics claim, but through experiential understanding of Christian truths such as the Incarnation, the deathliness of the material world, etc. It takes the life and teachings of Christ as not just something that happened and things to abide by, but also as deep symbols of Man's own nature and his relationship to God, and how through proper meditations on these apparently superficial teachings one can come to more fully know Reality.

Of course, all of this presumes you're already a Christian, but you get the point.
>>
>>679414
Yes, I got it.

Seems quite interesting, gonna check it. Thank you for the explanation.
>>
>>679434
Good reading brother!

Just be warned, it's very dense and uses a lot of spiritually-heavy terms that might not be familiar to most people, so you really have to put in the mental effort to get to the heart of what he's trying to say.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.