[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Catholics, Orthodox, Protestant gather around.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 9
File: SC84035.jpg (200 KB, 1453x1600) Image search: [Google]
SC84035.jpg
200 KB, 1453x1600
There's little doubt our influence is growing weaker. What I purpose is that we must reunite as one rule, and to carry out the same goals.
Also, if there's any disparity between our beautiful people; we must work to resolve them by methods of evidence, philosophical reasoning, and reexamination to find the truth. Rather than be isolated in secular space.
The Church mustn't be known as a 'service', but what it was originally intended: a community, which we are all connected.
We are gonna build a Christian tribe.
>>
>loonies who like to shop for beliefs, gather round
Fuck off to >>>/x/
>>
>>676050
Taking care of widows and providing medical services is one of the most traditionally christian things you can do, now get off the computer and go do good works.

Remember to send all donations to me btw.
>>
>>676050
We really do fucking need a separate humanities board.
>>
>>676050
Is the Pope closer to God than others?
>>
>>676074
Depends. Does the church still believe god talks to random fags?
>>
>>676050
>There's little doubt our influence is growing weaker
oh happy day
>>
Lost soul here.
Reason to me why your faith is true.
>>
>>676078
depends, do protestants believe god talks to them personally?
>>
A good start would be to stop bitching about the Prots then Constantine.
>>
>>676084
Protestants can believe anything as long as they are prepared to stubbornly argue the bible that supports it in their opinion, so sure.
>>
>>676082
+Good Fanfics
+Bread and Wine
+Unlocks Access to Certain Women
+Capes if you reach a certain level in the development tree
+/-Can get away with pedophilia if you reach a certain level in the development tree
>>
>>676070
>Taking care of widows and providing medical services is one of the most traditionally christian things
specifically helping others, Good start.
>Remember to send all donations to me.
Do you need it? If not, fuck off.
>>676074
What did Jesus say about it?
"My mother and My brothers are these who hear the word of God and do it."
If this establishes a ranking system by Jesus, it'll depend on the Pope actions, and believe. But anyone can become closer to God, regardless of 'pope' status.
>>676080
>oh happy day
Fuck off, weed.
>>
>>676082
I've seen transform by the word of God.
The argument presented for a higher power is more compelling than most.
There's outside evidence that the bible is more historic.
Christianity gives objective foundations like; Morality, human equality, reason, etc.
>>
>>676098
>Do you need it?
What are we, communists? Just give me the money and go get your hands dirty. I've got palaces to build and people to bribe.

>fuck off
Watch your tone. That'll be 12 hail marys, two complete rosarys, and a pilgrimage to Jerusalem for you.
>>
>>676108
I've seen *those who have been transformed by the word of God.
My mistake.
>>
>>676108
Have you examined other religions or were you born in a christian nation?
>>
>>676111
>What are we, communists?
You were asking for charity. I wasn't aware you were going to use unethical force against me by the state.

Again, if you didn't need it...please, fuck off
>>
>>676116
I examined some of Judaism, Buddhism, Islamism, and Atheistism.
>>
>>676120
>please, fuck off
One more time and you're going on a walking tour of christian persecution sites around Europe.

>You were asking for charity.
I wasn't asking for charity. I was telling you to behave like a good christian and work, then when you receive donations, hand them up to me so that I might administrate properly.
>>
>>676121
How did they fail to provide a moral base, a state of human equality, and a reasonable approach to reality?

I thought the Quran touched on all of these points rather well.
>>
>>676132
*statement
>>
>>676127
>I wasn't asking for charity.
Give (money or goods) for a good cause, for example to a charity.

By oxford dictionaries
donation dōˈnāSH(ə)n
"Something that is given to a charity..."
Nice try.

>One more time and you're going on a walking tour of christian persecution sites around Europe.
So...You want me to prove Matthew 24:9? Wow, I never knew you cared so much, or you're just entering a field which you have very little intelligence about.
>>
>>676132
The issue with moral base for Islam is that it's contradictory. One verse will say man-kind is (somewhat) equal then you'll find verse about beheading non-believers.
With that said. What I search for in other religions is outside evidence supporting what that certain religion teaches.
>>
>>676141
>donation
>an act or instance of presenting something as a gift, grant, or contribution.

Nope, no charity. Just a contribution to our fund that I might use to improve the prestige of our new church while enriching myself.

>So...You want me to prove Matthew 24:9
What? No! No one here is prophesying or causing tectonic shifts. You just just need to think about your language and a good long prayerful walk should help.
>>
>>676082
Don't shop around for a faith
It doesn't have to be one that you agree with 100%
I follow the One, Holy, Apolistic Church, because I am a stupid mortal who has lived 18 years, what could I possibly know about the universe? I like the ancient traditions and beliefs of the Catholic Church because they seem less affected by being "hip" and all about "you, who God will love no matter what so just follow your dreams~". I think the Orthodox church may be just as right if not moreso, but it's the whole pascal's wager. Denying the Catholic faith for another is too risky especially if it truly is the correct way, which no one truly has any way of knowing. Don't pick one that is easy to be or all sugar and gumdrops. God's judgement is not swayed by your own opinions, it will always be the same, so picking one that is more convenient for you in favor of another is irrelevant; your allegiance should be about God, not fun or qts or whether you like the certain beliefs. Pick one that you truly feel is Godly. God doesn't care if you're happy, only if you're worshipping and following his will in a certain way that is difficult to determine.
>>
>>676146
>outside supporting evidence
How does Christianity provide this for you? The body of theological/introspective work it produced?
>>
>>676151
With this outlook, you should probably be a Lutheran.
>>
>>676050
If you want to have power and influence in the west you need something less ridiculous than Christianity. You'd need something like pagan pantheism, at least it has roots in our bloodlines and makes sense metaphorically. As in gods representing forces of nature and humanity, rather than one Jewish god who's just kind of a dick.
>>
>>676147
>while enriching myself.
>What? No! No one here is prophesying or causing tectonic shifts. You just just need to think about your language and a good long prayerful walk should help.

Fuck off. You are like a hollow shell, people will help you by filling you, but you're dead and just drain away.
>>676154
>>676167
Here some outside proof:
paxexsistovos.blogspot.com/2012/01/tacitus-suetonius-pliny-younger.html
putlockerr.me/tt3464018-watch-Patterns-of-Evidence--The-Exodus-online-putlocker.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delphi_Inscription
https://carm.org/archaeological-evidence-verifying-biblical-cities
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_artifacts_in_biblical_archaeology (some of the narrative is biased and outdated)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V1hMFaH3gM
https://vimeo.com/38687775
>>
>>676178
>Here some outside proof:
>paxexsistovos.blogspot.com/2012/01/tacitus-suetonius-pliny-younger.html
>putlockerr.me/tt3464018-watch-Patterns-of-Evidence--The-Exodus-online-putlocker.html
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delphi_Inscription
>https://carm.org/archaeological-evidence-verifying-biblical-cities
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_artifacts_in_biblical_archaeology (some of the narrative is biased and outdated)
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V1hMFaH3gM [Embed]
>comments disabled
How'd I guess?
>https://vimeo.com/38687775

And other faiths don't have this?
Can Mecca not be found? Some of these intersect with Judaism too. Other faiths have had their secular scholars and chroniclers as well.

>Fuck off. You are like a hollow shell, people will help you by filling you, but you're dead and just drain away.
Yeah, well you have a stupid face.
>>
>>676160
>female clergy
>a book that has been translated numerous times and was based on oral traditions and testimonies is 100% infallible
>Jesus isnt in the eucharist even though the Bible says so
Wew
>>
>>676190
>comments disabled
>How'd I guess?
I can't help with that, it's not my choice.

>Can Mecca not be found?
Again, I don't deny there's outside evidence for Islam, but I don't find it as evident and compelling as Christianity. Also, there's proof for Christianity which contradicts Muhammad's teaches. (the first source)
I forgot to add this as one of the proofs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtquNNEO7Fw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIzyji-eVdY

>Some of these intersect with Judaism too.
Yeah...Is this a surprise to you?

>Fuck off. You are like a hollow shell...
I was addressing to someone else, not you.
>>
>>676108
none of these are specific to christianity except the historicity of the bible and that point is also the weakness
>>
>>676211
>I was addressing to someone else, not you.
I'm two of the three posters you addressed.

I wanted to see how flustered you'd get and how the other guy came to find Christianity out of all the religions one might examine.

>Yeah...Is this a surprise to you?
Surprise? No. But in a discussion about the historical/archaeological justification for Christianity, there's an awful lot of Torah there.

>first source
It's been too long since I sat down and read Tacitus. I think I'll give him a once over tomorrow morni- rather later this morning.
>>
File: jeannie lynn paske.jpg (72 KB, 694x555) Image search: [Google]
jeannie lynn paske.jpg
72 KB, 694x555
>>676215
>none of these are specific to christianity except the historicity of the bible
Yeah...uh...That's what outside evidence is.

>I wanted to see how flustered you'd get and how the other guy came to find Christianity out of all the religions one might examine.
Well, are you satisfied?
>>
>>676073
I think we need a religion board
>>
>>676050
God is dead. Stop looking at his shadow on the wall, step outside the cave and lead this Copernican revolution. You need to see this.
>>
>>676234
Assuming you meant to tag me as well, no, it didn't. Although it looked for a moment like you would follow, I wasn't able to lead you into the pit where we might sling clods of mud at each other.
>>
>>676239
Correct me if I'm wrong. Nietzsche considered god dead simply because few were using god as a bases in their lives at the era he was in?

>step outside the cave
2016, believing Socrates existed, but not Jesus. Soooo euphoric!
>>
>>676254
>but not jesus
When will this atheists don't believe Jesus existed meme end?
>>
>>676252
> I wasn't able to lead you into the pit where we might sling clods of mud at each other.
Okay, what would be your first attempt if I was coaxed into debate?
>>
>>676254
Kek.

Socrates existing is completely irrelevant to the ideas that he, or whoever else, put forth.
>>
>>676259
As soon as all Atheist become Christian, and hug as brothers.
>>
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 250x202) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 250x202
>>676266
However, those who speak about Socrates as an actual person (primary sources) are a bit less creditable if that's the case.
>>
>>676254
>2016, believing Socrates existed, but not Jesus. Soooo euphoric!
Socrates not existing has no relevance. Okay, he didn't. "His" ponderings have their own merit.

Now Jesus didn't exist. Oops, the whole of Christianity is completely discredited, because the beliefs hinge on his poorly evidenced existence.
>>
>>676272
Not at all, "Socrates" is just a label we put on whoever the author is.
>>
>>676263
>Remember to send all donations to me.
This was supposed to be a throwaway, mildly baitious line.

>>Do you need it? If not, fuck off.
Everything after this was trying to bring out the hot head I assumed you were.

>Okay, what would be your first attempt if I was coaxed into debate?
You were to be the lead in this tango. Just purposeful misinterpretation and continuing to tell you to put your nose to the grindstone of good works while making others wealthy.
>>
>>676267
I'm christian, but my Jamal and my wife's son are muslim. Should I be welcoming of their approach to faith or attempt to bring them back into the fold?
>>
>>676050
>There's little doubt our influence is growing weaker.
Finally one of the relfags admit it. 20 more years and irreligious people will be majority in every 1st world country.
>>
>>676291
No, actually, 20 more years and every 1st world country will be Muslim. It's a shame that by the time christianity is defeated intellectually, secularism is going to be defeated demographically.
>>
>>676291
>20 more years and irreligious people will be majority in every 1st world country.
Yeah, Voltaire. Keep going with that prediction.
>>
File: nothanks.jpg (162 KB, 1484x1164) Image search: [Google]
nothanks.jpg
162 KB, 1484x1164
>>676305
YOu can bitch and moan and ignore as much as you wan't, Most parts of the developed world already have a irreligious majority, and the trendline is the same on the other countries. Religion is going down, and soon it will be only a big thing in 3rd world shitholes. Deal with it.
>>
>>676311
Dude, the death of God and religion in a few decade has been announced since the 19th century.
Assuming social trends continue exponentially in one direction forever is a fool's game.
>>
>>676316
It won't die, it will just become irrelevant, like it already is today in Scandinavia or most parts of western Europe.
Like 15-20% believers vs 80% non believers. Good luck pushing your agenda then.
>>
File: U12a1g6.png (38 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
U12a1g6.png
38 KB, 1000x1000
>>676334
So it has often been said.
>>
>>676341
Yes, and now it finally has become true in the majority of OECD members. And the next review will be just a little worse and so on.

But hey, feel free to ignore that, makes it even more easy.
>>
>>676050

If it wasn't for Cuck Francis I'd be Catholic desu.
>>
>>676280
You have no idea what you're talking about do you?
>>
>>676341
Its pretty destroyed already.

Thanks, Luther!
>>
File: aeGGXOj_700b.jpg (179 KB, 700x1834) Image search: [Google]
aeGGXOj_700b.jpg
179 KB, 700x1834
>>676289
That's up to you

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GtquNNEO7Fw
>>
>>676050

It might help if you didn't use all the doublethink and pretzel logic to squeeze meanings out of your holy texts that aren't present.

But then I suppose you wouldn't have much of a religion left. Tough luck, guys, it was a fun millennia or two.
>>
>What I purpose is that we must reunite as one rule, and to carry out the same goals.

That will simply make Christianity collapse even faster
>>
I don't understand why you would want your religion to have influence... You want to change the way other people live their lives because you believe that your way is the only way?

I'm glad Christianity is losing influence.
>>
>>677342
>I don't understand why you would want your religion to have influence

That's how naive rationalizing and naive intervention work. Fundies like the ones you find on 4chan can only think and behave in a naive fashion. They turn even the most complex problems of the world into moral problems that can only be resolved by thinking and behaving in exactly the same fashion as they do, which, oddly enough, is very close to the moral program of Marxism.

Basically, they view every deviation from their 'infallible' way of life as an error and obsessively try to stomp them out, no matter how many times we explain to them that this has at best little to no effect and at worst actively undermines their own religion
>>
>>677342
>I don't understand why you would want your religion to have influence... You want to change the way other people live their lives because you believe that your way is the only way?
Gee anon, I don't know why a group of people, having the belief that their religous and moral system is the best moral and religious system, and also holding the belief that if everyone was united in this belief then there would be less conflict, more goodwill torwards others and a betterment of humanity as a whole would want everyone to follow their religion.
It's a real mystery ain't it, people wanting to try to help others become better people.
But a bunch if people who don't believe in anything, and reject higher powers acting militantly about it, even though their "belief" is simply a lack of or rejection of belief, that makes sense and is definitely the thing that should be influential, right?
>>
>>677405

And here you demonstrate everything I wrote here >>677362

>They turn even the most complex problems of the world into moral problems
>there would be less conflict, more goodwill torwards others and a betterment of humanity as a whole would want everyone to follow their religion

Check

>that can only be resolved by thinking and behaving in exactly the same fashion as they do
>their religous and moral system is the best moral and religious system

Check

> they view every deviation from their 'infallible' way of life as an error and obsessively try to stomp them out
> people who don't believe in anything, and reject higher powers acting militantly about it, even though their "belief" is simply a lack of or rejection of belief

And check

Thank you for proving my point
>>
>>677414
>>thank you for proving my point
>implying I actually believe what I wrote
While I agree with what you said, my statements aren't meant to reflect my personal beliefs, instead they are sarcastic way of expressing to him the militant christian mindset, and then comparing it to that of the militant atheist mindset. That doesn't prove anything, it's just a different way of answering his question.
>>
>>677405
>But a bunch if people who don't believe in anything, and reject higher powers acting militantly about it

Considering that Christposters are more or less nonstop shitposters on /his/, don't throw stones.

You also act as though your religion has no fucking baggage of its own. Teaching people to hate their own bodies, ambition, and desires. To continually deny themselves in the one life they get in exchange for a fictitious afterlife.
>>
>>677504
Once again, never said I supported those ideas, simply explaining what people like fundemental christians believe.
>>
File: st-athanasius.jpg (26 KB, 280x379) Image search: [Google]
st-athanasius.jpg
26 KB, 280x379
>>676050
Go away, and take your false ecumenism with you.

>>676416
He is a cuck, but he is also The Bishop of Rome, Vicar of Christ, Successor of the Prince of the Apostles, and Supreme Pontiff of the Universal Church.

Just because you don't like him, or don't like the heresy spreading around the Church doesn't mean you have to leave the Mother Church.
To leave the church is to be cut off from our Lord Jesus Christ.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.