[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>9th Grade U.S. History lesson >learning about the Revolutionary
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: Yeezy.png (361 KB, 507x665) Image search: [Google]
Yeezy.png
361 KB, 507x665
>9th Grade U.S. History lesson
>learning about the Revolutionary War
>teacher suggests watching a movie
>it's the fucking Patriot
>>
>European history teacher says the Romans salted Carthage
>same teacher says inventor of the guillotine was guillotined
>>
File: untitled.png (259 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
259 KB, 460x276
>>675569
You think they'd accept the most realistic Revolutionary War film knowing its a musical? None of these millennial plebs appreciate musicals, even the Disney ones.
>>
>>675636
>not watching Disney Princess movies and picking out the historical inaccuracies
>>
>>675636
Excuse me, faggot. I'm a Millennial and we watched that shit in ninth grade.
The teacher lovingly edited out all the musical sequences. It was great, cunt.
>>
>>675641
I prefer finding ways to fit the Disney movies into a historical narrative, like how Belle and her father from Beauty and the Beast fled the Terror their mother died in, and the Beast was once a local noble in the Ancien regime, etc
>>
>>675646
>edited out all the musical sequences
case in point millennial scum
[spoiler]tfw I'm a millennial and I hate my generation[/spoiler]
>>
>>675656
There was some dude way back when who wrote a long-winded story integrating pretty much the entire Disney animated canon into real-world history.

He had Elsa fight alongside Napoleon and wreck the Coalitions' shit with ice powers.

Was entertaining.
>>
US History classes in a nutshell.

French and Indian War?
Last of the Mohicans

Revolution?
The Patriot

Civil War?
Glory, maybe Gods and Generals if you teacher wants to maximize smoke break time.

Spanish American War?
Kek, as if, you are only learning about the Alamo.

WW1?
NOTHING, YOU WILL NEVER LEARN ABOUT THIS WAR IN AN AMERICAN PUBLIC SCHOOL.

WW2?
Saving Private Ryan
Band of Brothers if your teacher is cool.

Korea?
SEE WW1

Vietnam?
We Were Soldiers, because Platoon is too raw.

I guess now they probably show Black Hawk Down in school, but our history classes never got that recent, it pretty much ended at late 80s.
>>
>>675678
>tfw the only movie we watched in US history was about the AIDS epidemic

Also;

>Gods and Generals if you teacher wants to maximize smoke break time.

Holy shit any teacher who makes their students sit through that should be charged with something.
>>
Anyone else remember watching a drama about the syphilis experiment where doctors examined the mind decaying effects of syphilis on black patients even after the cure was discovered?

The one scene I recall was one of the black patients late in the movie drink this concoction of bleach paint thinner and other toxins thinking it was a cure cause his mind was that afflicted by then.
>>
>>675678
>Glory, maybe Gods and Generals if you teacher wants to maximize smoke break time.

Made worse by the fact that this film exists.
>>
>>675693
This?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuskegee_syphilis_experiment
>>
Who "My Friend Martin" here?
>>
>>675697

Gettysburg is a better film, but Gods and Generals came out while I was in High School so we were basically forced to watch it.
>>
>>675699
Yeah that's it and "Miss Evers Boys" is the movie
>>
We only watched good films like Army of Darkness and The Rocketeer.
>>
I heard the patriot was surprisingly accurate in that people think the American war for independence was a "clean" war, but it was not, and this was especially true in the south. Anti-partisan shit was heavy and the fighting was very brutal and atrocities happened fairly often in the south in particular.
>>
>>675573
>inventor of the guillotine was guillotined

Louis XVI did actually help with the development, but he wasn't the inventor
>>
>>675733
He meant Dr. Guillotin though.
>>
File: Mmth.jpg (546 KB, 1916x1391) Image search: [Google]
Mmth.jpg
546 KB, 1916x1391
>>675729

Yeah, but portraying it as "Dem Nazi Brits" rather than the chaotic clusterfuck of partisanship, rivalries, and grudges being settled by using the war as an excuse still rather undercuts the history of it all.

Also, it's always the militia who wins the Revolution. Because fuck the regulars and their discipline, right?
>>
I remember watching the patriot in school as a sort of joke.
We would watch it and laugh at the boy-fucking british scene.
Are there really people who take the movie seriously?
>>
>>675783
>Are there really people who take the movie seriously

Mel Gibson
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.