[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/his/ if you could go back in time and change anything what would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 11
File: 1451609519645.jpg (68 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1451609519645.jpg
68 KB, 720x720
/his/ if you could go back in time and change anything what would you do

I would kill Mohammad as a child to save all the beautiful pre-Arab cultures like the Persians and Egyptians ect.
>>
>>675525
>all the beautiful pre-Arab cultures like the Persians and Egyptians ect.
They're still there
>>
The bait has been set.
>>
File: 1455071487125.jpg (66 KB, 634x727) Image search: [Google]
1455071487125.jpg
66 KB, 634x727
(Someone posted this pic on my thread so I'll share it.) I'd give Adolf Hitler a thumbs up. Not sure if it would change anything, but it would sure as hell be legendary.
>>
>>675525

I'd get modern treatment for Alexander the Great. His next objective was to conquer Arabia, that would have brought the Arabs into Hellenic civilisation and prevented Islam from ever arising.
>>
Stop Thermidor
>>
Promote Thermidor
>>
>>675525
The Persians and Egyptians were already extinct because of the romans and the Byzatines.
>>
Give napoleon a model of a modern rifle
>>
>>675525
I like how this map compares the entire Muslim expansion with a Christian side-show.
>>
>>675525
I would kill Yakub, therefore evil would not exist in the world
>>
I would kill all of the members of the Black Hand Gang to at least temporarily prevent WW1, and give Britain enough time to Federalise its Empire.

Seriously it already seems like someone went back in time and fucked with history to make that assassination transpire. It definitely should not have happened.
>>
>>676952

Can any Christian war against Islam even be considered aggressive since the Muslims started it?

I say no, not really.
>>
>>676989
You're presupposing that Muslims started the war. If they didn't start the war then it is aggressive.
>>
>>676995

All subsequent wars after the expansion were reconquests.

Not aggressive wars. Medieval Muslims were total pieces of shit and got everything they ever deserved.
>>
>>676911
Nice bait
>>
>>675525
Agreed, but on that note, and i don't mean to hijack, does anyone have any recommended reading about pre-Muslim Egypt? It just hit me that i know nothing about what was happening there from about 100AD-600AD.
>>
>>677000
Doesn't this also justify any pagan war against Christians?
>>
>>677025
>It just hit me that i know nothing about what was happening there from about 100AD-600AD.
Roman history and then ERE history.
>>
>>677025

It was occupied by Rome

>>677027

Sure I guess, but Pagans were forcibly converted to stop them from raiding Christian lands for the most part.
Central and Western Europe was mostly converted peacefully, and the Northern Crusades happened to stop the Vikings and Baltic Pagans from being complete niggers.

So Europe's conversion to Christianity isn't really comparable to the conversion of the Middle East and North Africa to Islam.
If Islam had just calmed the fuck down and not gone on an eternal bloody rampage, Christendom would have probably left them alone for the most part.
>>
>>675525
Either that or kill Mayer Amschel Rothschild.
>>
>>677045
>
If Islam had just calmed the fuck down and not gone on an eternal bloody rampage, Christendom would have probably left them alone for the most part.
Lol
>>
>>677067

What are you implying?

It took Europe a good 400 years to organise and retaliate against Islam, if they would have ended their attacks against Christians it probably would have never happened at all.

This is long before the OP pls nerf Europe that conquered everything for the sake of it. If Islam had not been a continous threat they would have likely never have bothered to try and retake anything beyond Spain.
>>
>>677029
>>677045
Oh, i know that much. But was there anything interesting happening? Or just business as usual until some browner people came knocking?
Ie. Was Christianity much of a thing there? I know there are sects lasting to this day, but i never thought about it having an impact there.
>>
File: testudo V2.jpg (81 KB, 800x580) Image search: [Google]
testudo V2.jpg
81 KB, 800x580
nuke the steppes, give Rome artillery and tanks
>>
>>675528
They would've developed differently. I think what OP means is how those cultures would've been today without the muslim horde taking over.
>>
File: Enver.jpg (416 KB, 692x1024) Image search: [Google]
Enver.jpg
416 KB, 692x1024
>>675525

Stopped this faggot from joining WW1 on the side of the Germans so a liberal Muslim caliphate would exist instead of the extremist shitshow that is today's Middle East.
>>
>>675525

Gas the horses. Find and kill the original horse and camel, prevent the cycle of civilisations building up and then being reset by nomadic invaders. 8,000 years of continuous civilisation would be some sci-fi shit.
>>
Why not kill Jesus and save the Germanic, Nordic, and Slavic cultures?
>>
>>677203

Because he wasn't real? Saint Paul is the man to kill to abort Christianity.
>>
>>676942
This, and I'd give him a Kalashnikov for maximum irony.
>>
>>677226
>implying he wouldn't call it a famas anyway
>>
>>676942
>>677226

Before or after his ascendence?
>>
>>677243
wouldn't really matter would it?
>>
>>677246
It would. He has to gain experience/prove his genius on the battlefield first
>>
>>677203
If i was going to go back in time and kill someone it would probably be abraham.

Imagine a levant free of jews
>>
>>675525
I'd stop John Wilkes Booth from assassinating Abraham Lincoln, so he would be able to proceed with the plan of deporting blacks slaves to Liberia. Alternatively, give the early colonists cotton gins so that slaves never have to be imported to begin with.

>>677218
>implying there isnt all but unanimous academic consensus on the historicity of the Nazarean
>>
>>677250
With an automatic rifle against the ones his enemies would've had?
lelno, hell he could just reproduce a few and give it to his best light foot and shit on everyone even harder
>>
>>676903
THIS THIS THIS
I always tell people about how if Alexander had conquered Arabia we wouldn't have had to deal with all this Islamic bullshit
>>
Without Christianity or Islam there wouldn't have been an industrial revolution as soon as it actually occurred. Just saying.
>>
>>677255
>implying there is

There are serious problems with the story. Jesus Christ is not a name, it just means "anointed saviour". He's a deity, his origins are mythic.
>>
>>677262
Neither had nothing to do with it
>>
>>677258
Perhaps. But giving him guns like that won't gurantee his success. A technological revolution would be called for. Defectors trading away secrets for wealth. Enemies obtaining the schematics. Building their own models. Gunsmiths and merchants trading the weapons to other nations.

The only reasonable approach to this hypothetical would be to give him the model after his victory, maybe around 1812 when he's settled into his hard earned reign
>>
>>677263
Nobody actually thinks "Christ" is a surname.
Jesus would have been called Jeshua ben Joseph/Joshua son of Joseph, Jesus the Nazarean or Rabbi or something as he was a Hebrew-speaking Jew from a historic province we know exists. Whether you subscribe to a mythic, religious perspective on his life is another matter altogether.
>>
>joke
make the 30 years war a world war and bring every possible power into it.
>serious
something about the middle east clusterfuck
>>
>>677270
I don't know. Traitors were very rare until the hundred days, or just before his first exile.
But yeah, there's a risk it could be leaked to the english.
Then I guess I'd just give him a Tirpitz. :^)
>>
File: 1452607247355.png (214 KB, 400x399) Image search: [Google]
1452607247355.png
214 KB, 400x399
>mfw the crusades started because a bunch of poor Christians couldn't afford the toll charged by the Turks upon entrance into Jerusalem, and was proceeded by hordes of paupers pillaging and raping the lands of Hungary and Bulgaria, one such army led under a German monk having essentially a war with Hungary before they even made it to Constantinople.

Oh yeah, and they all did really sinful things before the crusades because they thought they would be cured. Dum!
>>
>>677283
>Jesus would have been called Jeshua ben Joseph/Joshua son of Joseph,

Yeah, no. It's Iesu, a common Greek word meaning "saviour". The Romans wrote it with a J, the Greeks (and Paul) only use the Iesu form.
>>
>>677264
Christianity kept Europe divided yet relatively stable for centuries, allowing for many symmetric wars to occur again and again, driving the development of weapons technology. Europe's state of the art small arms and canons allowed it to create and dominate the first global oceanic trade network. The influx of new crops and ideas led to the agricultural revolutions, the Enlightenment, and the industrial revolution. Islam indirectly helped by uniting the Near East into one empire that could dominate the Indian spice trade and motivate Europeans to find oceanic routes to India.
>>
>>675525
I'd kill Ataturk before he could ruin muh greater Greece.
>>
>>677378
>having a giant denbt country instead of based secular Turkey
>>
>>677283
He would have been called Yeshuah.

>Hebrew-speaking Jew
Jesus spoke Aramaic, virtually no one spoke Hebrew at this point.
>>
>>677381
>Erdogan's sultanate.
>Secular or based.

>Glorious Hellas
>Germans BTFO.
>>
>>677391
pay your fucking denbs, greese
>>
>>675525
>if you could go back in time and change anything...
...I'd change the lotto numbers my mom picked when I was a kid into winning ones. That way I grow up rich.

>if you could go back in time and change anything /his/ related
Depends on how much I can change. Can I outright avoid the antonine and cyprian plagues? If I can, that.
If I can't, either I prevent the Serada del Mazor Consegio, or I ensure the Lega Italica progresses into a federation rather than break up.
>>
>>677000
>preserve civilization
>pieces of shit

Go deus vult somewhere else faggot
>>
>>677409
>preserve civilization
>by burning it down
They did nothing to conserve anything the people they conquered weren't already doing.
>>
>>677128
The ottoman empire's time was over and it had to go ataturk did the right thing and this is coming from an ottoboo
>>
>>677118
How do you know they wouldn't have turned worse than they are today?
>>
>>677264
Implying protestant "revolution" is not the origine of merchant capitalism then industrial capitalism... Do you even sociologie?
>>
>>677409
>>677417
This argument never fails to make me laugh. Muslims destroyed the cultural exchange of the Mediterranean cultures that had been on going almost a thousand years.

It's like someone burns down your house then hands you a few singed photos and asks for thanks.
>>
>>677451
Ow yeah they destroyed that exchange by allowing everyone to study in their universities like the one at cordoba you are so right mate I just don't hve anything to say now.
>>
I'd let the Umayyads win the battle at Tours, and give the Ottomans a complete levy in the Balkans for it to be Islamified.

Bait thread, OP. Go back to /pol/ in all honesty.
>>
>>677456
>>677456
Yes it was gracious of them to allow a few jews and spainards to study on the land they squatted on and exorted for 700 years. Meanwhile the entirety of North Africa, middle east and in the end all of Anatolia was cut off from Europe.

A brief study of the church fathers will show the diversity of locations of people that impacted the whole area. Augustine of Hippo from North Africa, Origen from Egypt, Tertullian from Carthage, Gregory of Nazianzus in Constantinople. I'm not going to bother going into the exchange of Philosophy.

The Islamic golden age was mostly a few Persians elaborating what Romans like Galen did in medicine and Aristotle in Greek philosophy.
>>
>>677460
Actually a muslim europe wouldn't be too bad I think with time europe would become the perfect mix between conservatism and progressivenes.
>>
>>677500
>The Islamic golden age was mostly a few Persians elaborating what Romans like Galen did in medicine and Aristotle in Greek philosophy.

It's just meme after meme this week
>>
>>677203
You're an idiot if you think Christianity destroyed any culture

Christianity took in local customs of converted peoples like Santa Clause and Christmas
>>
>>677460
Hurrr /pol/ shut up Mahmoud
>>
Why does everyone hate based Islam? Is it jealousy because they have a culture worth preserving, a culture that hasn't descended into a decadent mockery of itself, suckling off the Anglo-American teat?
>>
>>675525
Why doesn't this image show the Crusade battles that happened in Europe as well as the areas where Christianity spread?
>>
>>677500
>Meanwhile the entirety of North Africa, middle east and in the end all of Anatolia was cut off from Europe.
If it had been up to the Muslims they would have unified them with Europe, but Frankish barbarians disagreed.
>>
>>677129
Interesting idea anon
>>
>>675525
Probably give romans immunity to the major epidemic diseases of history, telegraph, and also a detailed manual on the construction of musket technology and aquisition of those necessary resources
>>
>>677500
Nigger, the Berbers of North Africa converted to Islam just the same as Central Europe did with Christianity. If anything the Reconquista was even bloodier than the Al-Andalus expansion and made sure both jews and muslims, even the mozarabs who were christian fucked off.

Anatolia was a dead roman husk who ironically became so mostly due to both the persians and the very same christians you keep defending. It was practically doomed to be swallowed by a new young power and the muslims just so happened to be nearby.

Both cultures have pretty much equally fucked eachother over at some point in time.
>>
>>677998
It's supposed to showcase how the crusades were launched as a reaction to Muslim aggression, as opposed to the Eurropeans suddenly going MUH HOLY CITY MUH JERUSALEM all of a sudden.
>>
>destroying a 1300 year old religion just because of its current less than 60 year shitty situation
>>
>>675525

Not only do those cultures still exist, the Renaissance would not have happened in Europe, slavery would still be as it was in ancient history (aka, the worst time to be a slave), the knowledge of the Roman Empires and the Greeks would've been completely lost, the Arabs would have STILL become a massive Empire, but instead of being limited by Islam, they would've been crazy sand pagans with the largest Empire the world has ever seen.

You would've set all of civilization back at least 1000 years.
>>
>>678053
Small correction, the mozarabs were never expulsed fro anywhere as far as I know. It's the christian descendants of the converted muslims that were expulsed despite being christian.
>>
>>676903

ah 4chan, even the smartest section of the board is filled with idiots.

Arabs ARE hellenic. most of their pagan mythology is based on Greek, and their entire system of science and logic is based on the Greeks.

You retards will believe anything to hang onto your primal hate, eh?
>>
>>677000
>>677500

but none of that happened.

like, i get this is 4chans, but if you are going to rewrite history, at least post a source from a website where some other retard is trying to rewrite history.
>>
>>676903
Alexander was probably planning to conquer the Arabia Felix, that was already under foreign rule when Muhammad was born. In fact when Muhammad was born most of the peninsula was already in foreign hands or influenced by foreign powers, the land of Muhammad being in the hellenic sphere.
>>
>>677104
It was one of the pillars of christianity. Eventually a denomination different from the official one in Constantinople became very popular, specially amongst the actual egyptians who spoke coptic and were the majority of the rural population. This led to harsh repression that helped invaders to enter Egypt more easily. Not just the arabs but the persians before them too.
>>
Prevent Vatican II from happening
>>
>>675525
give the byzantines modern medicine

the black plague was a shitty blow that I wouldn't wish on anyone, not even the filthy turks. but I wouldn't be giving them any special favors.
>>
>>678191
The funny thing is, it literally was Europeans suddenly going MUH JERUSALEM. The First Crusade began as an expedition force to serve the ERE in fighting its rebels, but by the end it turned into something very different.

Neither of these things had anything to do with the Rashidun/Umayyad conquests, or even the Saracen pirate raids of the 9th and 10th centuries.
>>
>>677045
>Northern Crusades happened to stop the [...] Baltic Pagans from being complete niggers.

The only ones I've heard causing shit were the Curonians though.
>>
>>675525
I would stop the Serbian Black Hand from assassinating the Archduke in Austria.
>>
File: 1453188366374.jpg (12 KB, 288x293) Image search: [Google]
1453188366374.jpg
12 KB, 288x293
>>676905
THIS
Fuck those fucking fucks.

Robespierre did nothing wrong
>>
>>676942

Fuck that. Give him modern artillery, watch him wipe out entire armies within the space of a couple of minutes.
>>
File: 26779403.jpg (71 KB, 400x391) Image search: [Google]
26779403.jpg
71 KB, 400x391
I would lead a Muslim army into Frankia and finish the job
>>
>>677255
As there was on Moses, and that dude is now with "all but unanimous academic consensus" declared a mythical figure.
The further you get away from 2000 years of christian theocracy rewriting shit, the less substance and evidence for a real jesus remains.
>>
File: memriTV.png (464 KB, 598x681) Image search: [Google]
memriTV.png
464 KB, 598x681
>>677987
>muh khalifate so gud
>>
>>677969
You're an idiot if you think Islam destroyed any culture

Islam took in local customs of converted peoples like Jesus and Yahweh
>>
>>677987
> they have a culture worth preserving

lolk. Maybe you'd like to live in the 11th century, but I don't.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/22/world/middleeast/saudi-arabias-top-cleric-forbids-chess-but-players-maneuver.html?&_r=0
>>
File: jefferson 1786.jpg (60 KB, 649x402) Image search: [Google]
jefferson 1786.jpg
60 KB, 649x402
>>678208
Its not the last 60 years, its been like this forever.
Jefferson quoted a muslim on this in 1786, before "the west" even existed, or anyone knew about oil.
>>
>>677978
Typical /pol/ reply
>>
>>678208
this comment is so shockingly ignorant of all history that it's surprising you're even wasting your time on a history board.
>>
>>675525
Prevent UK from securing a state for Saudia Arabia thus wahhabis.
>>
>>677104
>>677025
I know one king randomly converted to fucking JUDAISM to stop the byzantines/persians getting buttflustered. Didn't save him or his kingdom.
>>
>>677203
Kill the pascal sacrifice?
>>
>>675525
Kill Genghis I guess to save Chinese and arab culture.
>>
File: CottonGin.jpg (27 KB, 460x279) Image search: [Google]
CottonGin.jpg
27 KB, 460x279
>>677255
>ive the early colonists cotton gins so that slaves you have it backwards. the gin allowed cotton to be cleaned on an industrial scale and caused the demand for it to skyrocket, while picking cotton still required backbreaking labor.
The cotton gin created more demand for slave labor
https://www.asme.org/engineering-topics/articles/history-of-mechanical-engineering/how-the-cotton-gin-started-the-civil-war
>>
>>677436
Check out 50's Iran and Egypt. They were already arabised by then but then Saudi-Arabia's influence buttfucked those countries internally.
>>
>>680529
Yeah because places that were conquered by Islamists kept their original language
>>
>>680612
Calling me /pol/ is not a valid argument
>>
Would be mobilise Africans and invade Europe
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.