[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Being a not-/his/ guy, I'd like to discover some of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: indiana-jones-recasting-reboot.jpg (37 KB, 620x320) Image search: [Google]
indiana-jones-recasting-reboot.jpg
37 KB, 620x320
Being a not-/his/ guy, I'd like to discover some of the jobs related to that.

Tell me people, what is your job?
Do you like it?

Would you change it for another one?

What would you change in it?

For students, what do you wish to do later?

Come on people, I want to see Teachers, Archaelogist, Historian, Museum people!
>>
I work at gas stations
>>
>>62914

I got great career possibilities in fast food industry.
>>
>>62914
I study history, and secretly fantasies about getting into elitist schools to get to be a diplomat.

I work part-time in a museum (no responsability, just visitor orientation).
>>
>>63437
You're probably the most successful history major I've heard of then. At least you have experience at a museum, most people cant even seem to get that.
>>
File: 1446297500000.jpg (45 KB, 640x594) Image search: [Google]
1446297500000.jpg
45 KB, 640x594
>>63470
>>
>>62914
>Teachers, Archaelogist, Historian, Museum people!
Then why did you post a picture of an archeological looter?
>>
>>62914
I work as a technician on film sets
>Get at me eternal poorfags
>>
>>64103
Because it attract people's attention.
>>
>>64127
Sooooo, like Op's pic before turning into Han Solo?
>>
File: 1443746782040.png (490 KB, 720x612) Image search: [Google]
1443746782040.png
490 KB, 720x612
Student

Studying for Secondary Ed history. History and art are basically the only things i'm good at, but I also want at least SOME guarantee of a job (even if it's on the kinda sucky side), so I went with education. I feel like it can't be all that bad to have a steady income teaching a subject I love, even if it will be a hard job at times.

I'm conflicted though. A part of me wants to go pure history and aim for a PhD so I can teach at the college level. Or maybe I could go into historical preservation or museum work or something. The only problem is that these are really hard fields to get into.

Fuck I really wish we lived in an economy with a labor shortage.
>>
>>64648
I'd say aim for the PhD.

If anything goes wrong, you can start teaching in low classes before as a mean to survive until you get your place in college teaching.

Get as many opportunities as you can, don't close doors for yourself.
>>
File: 1439004134981.jpg (131 KB, 455x300) Image search: [Google]
1439004134981.jpg
131 KB, 455x300
I dropped out of uni and write historical material for the Japanese market
Being your own boss is the best life you can imagine
>>
I'm a grad student, I work in the library, and I use scholarship money to fund the toaster strudels I'm currently eating. Currently applying to Ivy League PhD programs in the US and crossing my fingers hard enough to break some of them.

If you aren't absolutely passionate about History, I don't recommend it as a degree, much less a graduate degree. If you aren't going to transition into Law or something off of your undergrad, I don't even see why you'd get a BA in History. Just study History and take is a a minor or something. Take all the same classes if you want, but consider the fact that you generally only get one shot at a college education, and it has to shape your vocational and financial prospects.

Also, don't get a PhD unless you understand what it entails. You're talking about 5-7 years of your life, possibly plus an MA, to go into an industry with NO FUCKING JOBS. Unless you go to the best of the best of the best schools, your placement chances within 3 years are horseshit. There is an absolute traffic jam of other academics waiting for any job opening: professors looking to change jobs, hundreds of adjuncts/assistant profs with years of experience applying at lightning speed to anything that comes up, an even more massive pool of idiots with PhDs who aren't doing anything with them. Unless you are both brilliant and passionate, getting a PhD in History is very risky. Be careful.
>>
>tfw History major
I think I might get a career in data system installation. Have a buddy who owns a company and is willing to pay me a great starting salary.
that or work my ass off to get a policy making internship in DC next summer
or go to grad school, get my MBA, then become a high school teacher
>>
Currently in social studies in my third year.
Hope to continue with either studying history or law.
>>
>tfw studying History in the UK

So I'm fucked, right?
>>
>>65131
Nah you can try to work in Law, and steal our places in Law firms. I find the fact that 50% of lawyers are people that didn't study law, but oh well.

Hurry up though, you have to start applying on your 2nd year.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.