[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does one kill 90 million of your own population and manage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10
File: Stalin_Grave.jpg (897 KB, 2304x1728) Image search: [Google]
Stalin_Grave.jpg
897 KB, 2304x1728
How does one kill 90 million of your own population and manage to still be seen as a hero by a great amount of russians
>>
>>619470
>90 million
How does one actually believe these numbers
How many people do you think russia had
>>
>>619474
of course the other soviet "States" are included
>>
How does one receive agrarian country with horse plough and leave it industrial superpower with the atomic bomb

Fuck off to /pol/ or /int/
>>
>>619485
as a Ukrainian American, go fuck yourself. Seriously .
>>
>>619487
So are you Ukrainian or American? Must be confusing attributing oneself to two non-existent nations simultaneously.
>>
>>619506
>Ukrainians don't exist
>>
>>619470
>90 million
Are you okay?
>>
>>619487
as a shitposter of great renown, tu quoque.
>>
>>619470
By winning WWII
>>
>>619470
Decades of brainwashing and propaganda.

There isn't any gain for modern Russians to hate Stalin either,so they don't do it.
>>
Americans genuinely believe Stalin personally killed 90 gorillion people with his bare hands.
>>
>>619487
Muh hoholdomor
>>
>>619485
Russia was already industrializing by 1914
fuck off to /b/ or /v/
>>
>>619506
>muh /int/ memays
>>
File: qqq.png (87 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
qqq.png
87 KB, 400x400
>>619480
They were all part of Russian Empire, which had less than 140 millions before WWI and Civil War and secession of Poland, Baltics and Finland. And then there was WWII.

I guess, we'll have to admit: all Russians are zombies.

That would explain some things, though.
>>
File: tell_me_more.jpg (67 KB, 355x236) Image search: [Google]
tell_me_more.jpg
67 KB, 355x236
>>619631
> industrializing by 1914
Elaborate, please.
>>
>90 million

K E K
>>
>>619470
>How does one kill 90 million of your own population and manage to still be seen as a hero by a great amount of russians
Because he literally killed the ones that didn't like him?
>>
>>619650
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_regions_by_past_GDP_%28PPP%29

>1913
>Russia 52,420
>Germany 49,760
>>
File: 1448193502297.jpg (138 KB, 700x674) Image search: [Google]
1448193502297.jpg
138 KB, 700x674
Eastern european here.
It's an easy answer, OP. You just need to have an ultra dumb sheep art of kinda people that are building the 95% of the whole population, who are going to believe in everything that you say on the radio or later on the tv. When you have a mass that is not able to think, to think objectivley or criticaly, then you get Stalin and the whole worshipping to him as an example.
Those who had different opinions about Stalin and his policy were already killed in the beggining of his ruling.. Trotsky and many many others like him were just destroyed. So... dumb and controlled mass. What's more perfect than that for a dictator?
His dictatorship is still kinda a factor in the eastern europeans mainly because they are not educated enough and believe (like 85% of all) that Russia should save the world from the empirelist powers...
>>
>>619470
Stockholm Syndrome and a lot of propaganda
>>
>>619567
>Decades of brainwashing and propaganda.

Kind of a hilarious accusation when the op and your posts are classic examples of it. "I was taught to hate my government's enemies. Surely this enemy was a very bad man, just like I was taught in school because why would they lie? The fact millions who actually lived under him, even generations after his death and post critical evaluation disagree or at least have a much more nuanced view means nothing. The millions are obviously wrong, me and my teacher are the only sane ones." Critical thinking yo.
>>
You can't make an omelette without liquidizing a few million counter-revolutionary elements.
>>
>>619713
Not sure if bait or just retarded
>>
>>619702

I don't know a single Croat who thinks that about Russia.
>>
>>619470
Because he didn't kill 90 million people. The Jewish Bolsheviks who he purged did that.
>>
Solzhenitsin put it rather bluntly - because they now are the descendants of the Gulag guards.

And thus feel little empathy for the victims.
>>
File: 1426449703309.png (35 KB, 130x146) Image search: [Google]
1426449703309.png
35 KB, 130x146
>>619713
I don't think you need to be brainwashed to think ill of a man who was indisputably responsible for the deaths of at least several million people and much else besides.

Oh, and I'm sure those millions that lived under Mr Totalitarian Dictator formed their "nuanced view" on Mr Totalitarian Dictator via balanced historiographical analysis of Mr Totalitarian Dictator's actions and weren't subject to mass cognitive conditioning by...uh...Mr Totalitarian Dictator.

Furthermore, I don't feel as if this subdued articulation of my opinion has effectively conveyed my disgust at the vacuity of your post, not to mention my contempt for you as an individual. Ergo I refer you to pic related.
>>
>>619650
someone post the comparision of steel production pre and post gommies

the 'communists turned russia into a superpower from a feudal shithole' meme needs to end
>>
>>619733
Well.. go to you, mate. But go to Bulgaria or Serbia to understand what i mean.
>>
>>619770
You mean the peace time industrial output compared to the output immediatly following the carnage of WWI and the civil war instead of after the 5 year plans?
>>
>>619668

>Not mentioning the "five-years plan" that led to this.
>costing the price of millions of civilians that could be included in the statistics.
>calling it ''progress''
>no mentioning of the camps full with exciled people by the order of the gread leader
>u wot m8
>hurr durr soviets gr8 m8
>>
>>619798
Go back to SA you fucking idiot
>>
>>619470
Useful idiots.
>>
>>619487
MUH HERITAGE
>>
The same way Reagan managed to kill 660 thousand americans and still be loved by them.
>>
>>619647
>zombies
>not orcs, the more you kill the more they breed,

Patton was right the only solution to slavic plague is exterminatus
>>
File: 1453854892186021650.jpg (40 KB, 400x298) Image search: [Google]
1453854892186021650.jpg
40 KB, 400x298
>>619766
> indisputably

The whole thread is about how it gets "disputed" all the time.
>>
he won the war
thats how
>>
He promised that it would be the key to a classless utopia society.

Remember, the population of the Soviet Union didn't know he was killing that much beforehand, and they believed that they were evil nazi infiltrators who wanted to destroy their attempt at a perfect society.

Combine that with winning WWII, and you're left with a regime that can get away with almost anything. You'd be amazed how easy it is to rally people behind your cause when you've defeated what is perceived as the single most evil political system ever
>>
>>621510
almost this. It wasn't just that he won the war, the USSR was attacked by an entity that wanted to annihilate it and Stalin "saved" the USSR.

so people can pass off his crimes as something that had to be done to preserve the state from a foreign aggressor
>>
>Believing Hitler killed 6 million jews
>>
>>619470
>How does one kill 90 million of your own population and manage to still be seen as a hero by a great amount of his nation
Sounds like about Napoleon.
>>
File: FLLXKm5zamI.jpg (16 KB, 200x234) Image search: [Google]
FLLXKm5zamI.jpg
16 KB, 200x234
>>619470
>hero by a great amount of russians
Do not trust the gossip, an English speaking dude.
>>
File: alekseeva_vs.jpg (91 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
alekseeva_vs.jpg
91 KB, 1024x576
>>619470
>How does one kill 90 million of your own population
He killed much more, about 900 millions or 1,5 milliards!
>>
File: novodvorskaya-wide.jpg (54 KB, 1178x592) Image search: [Google]
novodvorskaya-wide.jpg
54 KB, 1178x592
>>621623
and all of them he killed personally from his an own pistol, and some of them from his an own dagger, and some special his victims died into chambers fulled by smoke of his the tobacco pipe!
>>
>>619668
>not taking into account russia had over twice the population of germany
>>
>>619668
Not suprising considering Russia had a much larger population and total land area than Germany. It anything that shows either how weak Russia's economy was or how strong Germany's was
>>
>>621632
>Novodorskaya is ugly, therefore wrong.

Wow. Count me converted.
>>
have it on personal authority from Robert Service and RJ Rummel that Iosef Stalin personally killed 9 billion people. This isn't all, he further ordered 14 trillion russians killed due to the hyperwar.
>>
File: Tischgespräche.jpg (303 KB, 1303x877) Image search: [Google]
Tischgespräche.jpg
303 KB, 1303x877
>>621784
try again slavshit
>>
>>619487
> Ukrainian
> Ukraine
No such thing
>>
>>621623
Never forget the 900 trillion
>>
>>619470
>How does one kill 90 million of your own population and manage to still be seen as a hero by a great amount of russians
I don't think Russians give a fuck about all the Ukranian's who starved to death. So at least halve that number.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.