[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Italian-American Mafia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9
File: maxresdefault.jpg (55 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
55 KB, 1280x720
What went wrong with the Italian-American Mafia? Did it all go down hill when they fucked with the drug market; when they killed Kennedy, or otherwise?
>>
>>604371
Is there anything particularly wrong with it? They suffered major setbacks in the 80s but have partially recovered. They're not gonna be as powerful as in the 70s but they are still a force.
>>
File: tony-montana-03.jpg (53 KB, 355x400) Image search: [Google]
tony-montana-03.jpg
53 KB, 355x400
>>604371
2 or 3 generations into the whole "familia" and kissing an old greasy Wap's hand for one iota of 'respect' (fake mind you),

>pic related

decided he would literally shoot your dumb fucking greasy face off, live in the mansion himself, deal the drugs himself, and defend the drugs himself. the mafia's retarded as all fuck stratification, and 'respect' culture of 'knowing your place" did you in.

fucking organized criminals have to be the largest source of cultural aids ever devised.. They infect entire families of people who would have otherwise probably been decent.

Im glad little shit head Tony Montana's and Chief-Keefs have taken over these old fat fucks way of life. its the natural progression
>>
>>604371
New Yorker here;
They were gutted by Giuliani in the 80's

Now the wetbacks control what the guineas had; and I have to say, the guineas were better at it
>>
File: 1453684857171.jpg (34 KB, 480x459) Image search: [Google]
1453684857171.jpg
34 KB, 480x459
>>604371
>>604391

What happened?

These;

>The FBI actively started pursing them in the 1950's, but decades of neglect made any attempt to take them down a very long term affair.

>Drugs became a bigger market, which the Italian maffia was initially very hesitant getting itself into.

>Other minorities in other communities formed gangs that could pick up the drug ball that the Mafia initially dropped. Street gangs replaced a vacuum in that the Mafia left open.

>The FBI kept busting boss after boss while the street gangs kept encroaching on their turf

Now, Chicago was fucking built by bribes and Mafia, so bringing that down is just never gonna happen. But it's significantly weaker now than what it was at it's height in the 30's - 60's.
>>
File: 1443916433262.jpg (1 MB, 2616x3000) Image search: [Google]
1443916433262.jpg
1 MB, 2616x3000
tell me about the jewish mafia.
>>
>>604399
Scarface is a film about the death of the "mobster". No longer was simple "racketeering" community "protection", booze running, or simple extortion the name of the game, but rather an insane psychotic scramble to sling the most addictive chemicals ever devised, for the higest prices ever recieved, in the most brutal, head chopping, meat grinding crime culture in human history.

there was no longer, 'respect' or a facade of a family life to be grown on the back of cocaine, crack and heroin dealing. It wasnt even possible. Where entire warehaouses of alcohol or gambling halls were managed by italians for $$$, a single 1 kilo gram brick of cocaine would bring in as much as any FULL WAREHOUSE of traditional racket. a single 10"x4" brick was worth as much as a warehouse full of alcohol. Or slots.

it was full blown unmitigated barbarian warfare, and death or life in jail were the only outcomes.
>>
>>604409
But I understand Chicago/Illinois cops are really, really shit, possibly as a result?
>>
>>604371
>they killed Kennedy
>Implying it wasn't the jew that didn't want him to print his interest free money
>>
>>604419
>But I understand Chicago/Illinois cops are really, really shit, possibly as a result?

Not only are they shit, many of them are corrupt. And those that weren't were replaced by corrupt mayors.
Chicago actually had an early era organized crime fighting unit in the 30's or 40's (I forgot), which was the FIRST TIME anyone in that city started making progress toward actually mapping all the belligerents, gangs and bosses. It didn't last long because the Chicago Outfit just bribed the mayor to suspend the unit and reshuffle the officers.

Chicago is built on corruption.
>>
>>604419
Theyre shit because its not possible to confront crime in the sense of traditional law. Elliot Ness had to essentially be granted special snowflake rights to battle the mob, that society is now hesitant to outwardly grant police. This is why you hear of places like the special "interrogation and detention Centers" Chicago PD and the like operate. To fight crime of this nature, you must essentially become like it.

The cops must battle the dealers, by becoming like them, then ideally, once they had assumed "power" or control over the criminal enterprises and their constituents, could "commit suicide" and destroy the industry.

of which will NEVER happen.
>>
>>604428

Elliot Ness fought crime in the era of prohibition. He was also a federal law enforcement officer. So his "role" was essentially later replaced by the FBI once Hoover decided that, yes, they are dealing with federal crime.
>>
>>604371
They started ratting on each other and more importantly killing each other. Completely ruined the mafias code and structure.

Just ask Paul Gotti.
>>
>>604413
If the Jews are responsible for Idris Elba then fucking good job
>>
File: ms-13.jpg (55 KB, 660x371) Image search: [Google]
ms-13.jpg
55 KB, 660x371
>>604435
>Elliot Ness fought crime in the era of prohibition.
Synonymous with organized crime.

>He was also a federal law enforcement officer. So his "role" was essentially later replaced by the FBI once Hoover decided that, yes, they are dealing with federal crime.

In Ness's day, the US government and the Chicago Police realized how woefully inadequate they were to confront this new (at the time) type of crime. Later in the 80's because of Cocaine Cartels and the lot, we got RICO laws and Vice.

Today, Black gangsters (Bloods crips etc.) Mexican gangs (MS13) or the like have no unique form of combat devised for them. 99% of the "players" in these types of gangs NEVER make it out of the street level. THey are low level dealers untill they get popped, have a "no snitching" culture, and end up getting DECADES ( right fully so) in jail for peddling a class of drugs that literally Annihilates sections of the city and population. They work within the frame work of existing law, rather than making the mistake of Cartels or Mafia families, in that those people
>became the law
through corruption, coerscion or "owing the family"
or maintained people earmarked to "take falls".

essentially modern gangster culture is unmitigated low-to-mid-level fuckery that is covered by existing law, rather than the Feds or State coming up with new anti-gang warfare doctrine, so successful in the era's before
>>
>>604409

This

The Mafia's power has all decrease significantly over the past several decades, they've been primarily pushed back to their traditional enclaves in the East Coast
>>
I'd also say that American-Italians as a whole have become a part of the middle-class, in a process that started in the 70s. They have also, largely due to this, become accepted as non-ethnic/white. As their wealth and prospects have increased, a career in crime becomes less lucrative.
>>
Many of them had enough money by the time prohibition ended and simply stopped doing crime and started legal businesses with it. Others tapped into the drug market but were pushed out by the Cubans, the Colombians or the Mexicans.
>>
most of them went straight, you never hear about them because they wanted it that way, those that didn't were involved with drugs or violent crime
>>
File: Joeymassino.jpg (40 KB, 431x599) Image search: [Google]
Joeymassino.jpg
40 KB, 431x599
>>604371
too many rats
>>
How you doin'?
>>
>>604413
That's the dude from the "Beasts of No Country" right? That movie was based.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liborio_Bellomo

I'm pretty sure this guy is now the head of the mafia in America, this family is the one one that keeps its business quiet and nobody knows who the real boss is officially but I would think its him.

What brought the mafia down was extremely tough sentences making lots of people flip. They have essentially been "contained" by the fbi who have been turning informants, holding them for decades then manouvering them into positions of power. The majority of drugs not brought in by the Mexicans are brought in by the mafia who distribute it to ethnic gangs who take the heat.
>>
>>604413
Murder Inc was managed by Jews.
If you looked at any Mafia family in general, you're likely to find a couple Jewish names. Mostly on the business side of things, though there were a few that carved out their own empire, like Arnold Rothstien.

Unless you're speaking of whatever horseshit ZOG conspiracy, in which case you where your board is.
>>
Eyy
>>
ok
>>
>>604399
>>604414
Scarface is still on my very large movie backlog
should i move it up in priority
>>
>>604371
When they became more American than Italian
>>
>>612519
It's good fun, wouldn't expect much more.
It's the film that encouraged Pacino to turn from a fine actor into a clown.
>>
>>604399

It's "Wop". Know your slurs.
>>
They weren't/aren't as desperate as South Americans and Mexicans and aren't willing to be as brutal.
>>
>>610524
getta loada' this guy
>>
>>604391
they're localized and lost their international position. Outside of a few major cities in the US they have no real power.
>>
>>604399
>not calling them a "cacaroach"

6/10
>>
Gabbagool? Ova hea!
>>
>>614006
OOOOOOOH! Gabbagool?!
>>
Eeyyyyy, paizon!
>>
>>608413
>>610524
>>613982
>>614006
>>614018
>>614054
why do gangsters and underclasses create so many memes, used to be jews and italians, now it is mostly black folks
>>
File: 1452113515637.jpg (72 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1452113515637.jpg
72 KB, 960x960
>>614065
Society doesn't give the underclass any outlet for their intelligence, so they make menes.

t. projects
>>
>>614006
>Gabbagool?
Eh! Why nota soma prosciutt?
>>
>>614094
oh! this guy ehhhhhhh come on

your sister, she loves my cannoli!
>>
>>604371

>What went wrong

1. Italian-Americans gentrified out of ghettos into suburbs, their communities simply do not exist anymore unless you live in north joisey

2. globalization caused international cartels to move in, who were much more shameless and aggressive. People like Pablo Escobar got no problems starting literal wars in their home country and using slaves to move goods to el norte

3. everything became centered around drugs and not extortion. Businesses got fucked by corporate chains who can afford lawyers meanwhile any nigger could sell drugs on street corners

4. the FBI "matured" away from petty mob politics and into the realm of defense intelligence (where they now sit with the NSA in many regards). They simply did not need them anymore.

5. organizations the mob had ties with either got btfo (the unions specifically by globalization), or simply moved up to higher level corruption with large companies (such as the Hudson Port Authority)

Also technically the mob still exists if you consider the papacy a part of it. The Governors of three states (NY, NJ, CA) are all Jesuits (Cuomo, Christie and Brown).
>>
>>614112
You saya dat shit again, I'll rippa your cannoli right off! Stunad, che palle, mother fucker.
>>
>>614126
eyyy I'm just breakin your bawls
>>
>>614178
Hahahaa no hard feelins yknow
>>
>>614125

> if you consider the papacy a part of it.

Is this the 1850's?
>>
>>613990
Not true.
Or, not true on what groups you consider "mafia".
The 'Ndrangheta control about 80% of the international drug smuggling market in North America, from Montreal.
>>
I think another aspect that's been overlooked in this thread is that crime has evolved over the last few decades.

Stealing and successfully fencing a large amount of products (food, electronics, etc.) is much harder today because of advancements in technologies like bar-codes, RFID and security cameras. Even 25-30 years ago I feel like it would be much easier for the mob to hijack a truck full of cigarettes and sell them on the black market.

I believe it's also become significantly harder for criminals to launder their money, and the ones that do probably try to keep a low profile.
>>
>>614800
Didn't even know ndrangheta was relevant in north america
>>
russian mafia+jews
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.