[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
louis xvi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: louisxvi-duplessis.jpg (119 KB, 528x743) Image search: [Google]
louisxvi-duplessis.jpg
119 KB, 528x743
>I die innocent of all the crimes laid to my charge. I pardon those who have occasioned my death; and I pray to God that the blood you are going to shed may never be visited on France.

What are the effects of Louis XVI's execution on France? Did it result in more bloodshed?
>>
>>586888
Yes because most of the time someone or a group of people tried to use the revolution as a means to further their own ambition. Civilians got killed constantly, justly or not.
>>
>>586910
> Civilians got killed constantly, justly or not.
That's an exaggeration.
Civilians mostly got killed as part of the civil war, in the areas that didn't rebel they were okay.
>>
Louis XVI's execution led to civil war in France, intensified attacks from the rest of Europe, and consequently the Reign of Terror

so yep it the blood rained back down on them
>>
>>586888
>Did it result in more bloodshed?

That's pretty much the moment the neighboring countries thought "fuck it let's invade" so yeah, it led to a lot of bloodshed
>>
>kill the king
>his brother comes back like 20 years later

what a trip
>>
>>586970
t. errorist republican
>>
>>586888
>Did it result in more bloodshed?
Constant war from 1792 to 1815 basically.
>>
File: Unknown-1.jpg (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
Unknown-1.jpg
10 KB, 225x225
"Its treason, then."
>>
>>587910
No it's not, the war had been going on for almost a year. The reason Louis XVI was sentenced to death in the first place was for sending secret military information to the Austrians.
>>
Reminder that LXVI was trialed as a traitor and not as a tyrant, and that what the French Revolution brought forth was radical nationalism and not democracy (republicanism existed for centuries prior).
>>
His death is the reason Europe Great power tried so hard to put down Napoleon, for the fear of having the same fate with Louis. So, Napoleon was forced to play Total war game in Legendary Hard mode because of this guy.
>>
>>589474
>because of this guy

Because of the revolutionary government, anyway. ... although if you think about it, his build up of the French army and navy is what allowed Napoleon to wage total war in the first place.

Damn Louis. Revolution probably wouldn't have happened if he hadn't helped in the American Revolution and totally drained the finances. He could have done so much more . he did a lot of good shit before they lopped off his head at least.

>enforced a "each patient gets their own bed" rule at the biggest hospitals in Paris to improve recovery and hospital conditions
>paid for every prison to have its own infirmary to reduce prison illness and death; started enforcing penalties for prisons that didn't pass hygiene and basic comfort standards (each prisoner had to have their own bed, had to have enough meat/bread, etc)

lots more but I'm lazy.
>>
>>588988
Bolsheviks really learned from history
>>
>>586888
The only good thing that he was did as king is die with dignity.

Pretty sad tbqh
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.