[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Imperialism hate-thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8
Why were the colonial powers so shit at creating nice, stable borders along ethno-cultural-linguistic, economical and religious lines EDITION.

>yfw multi-ethnic states in 2016
>>
>le bad borders meme in 2016
>>
File: 1451402335001.jpg (66 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1451402335001.jpg
66 KB, 200x200
Who /nationalist-decolonization/ here?

>tfw exploding Brits cry about "muh terrorism".
>>
>>581287
In most places creating neat little nation states is impossible, as ethnic boundaries are not clear lines. There's usually a border zone where villages of two or more different ethnicities/cultures can be found. There'd always be people on the 'wrong' side of the line.
That said, there's plenty of nations with a plurality of ethnic/cultural groups who haven't failed - borders aren't nearly as much of a determining factor in stability as you might think.
>>
File: 2015-04-29_00014.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-04-29_00014.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>581296
You fool, I can't hear you over the sound of how peaceful the world is right now.
>>
>>581298
How about reclaiming your language first?
>>
Why did the colonial countries accept the borders the leaving empire gave them? Why didn't they draw up their own?
>>
File: belgium.jpg (36 KB, 418x328) Image search: [Google]
belgium.jpg
36 KB, 418x328
>>581287
>Why were the european powers so shit at creating nice, stable borders along ethno-cultural-linguistic, economical and religious lines?
>>
>>581316
Kurds have Baghdad and Greeks have Istanbul. Into the trash it goes
>>
Nothing changed in Middle East since god knows when. I think it is the fate of that region.
>>
>>581423
Why not just cover the whole area with thick layer of poison gas and then recolonize it with white anglo saxons?
>>
>>581415
Scurry away T*rk
>>
File: kantwakeup.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
kantwakeup.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>581415
>1836
>Istanbul
>>
>>581316
>YugoSlavia
>peaceful world
hahahaha
>>
The problem isn't that the borders are bad, its that there are borders at all tbqfhwyl
>>
Sometimes the colonial powers drew borders in such a crazy way so they could favor one particular ethnic group over the others in the colony. Divide and rule :)
>>
File: 1443976140229.jpg (11 KB, 235x236) Image search: [Google]
1443976140229.jpg
11 KB, 235x236
>>581316
>Israel
>1836
>>
>>581287
I will freely admit that the middle east was ducked up but there is not much that could have been done in Africa without a large investment that would result in the loss of a lot of money by the home governments, which is the opposite of what they are supposed to do. There weren't clear nationalities to divide the countries to divide into and in a large way the nationalities of Africa are by product of the colonization process.
>>
>>581287
Literaly show me ONE example of how middle east/africa could have perfect border guaranteeing peace
>>
>>581287
>SA
>yellow
Didn´t they lose like alot of their troops inside their own borders to the Houdinis?

Hell, last time I checked those khat-chewing arabs in sandals had managed to capture a bunch of SA villages close to the border before the ceasefire.
>>
>>581298
Britain still owns 1/4 of Ireland.
>why you still cuckd for
>>
>>581287
There was nothing wrong with colonisation. Savages won't civilise themselves.
>>
File: borders.png (230 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
borders.png
230 KB, 1024x1024
>>581402

Proper borders are for fags
>>
>>581287
Because the goal of imperialism is exploitation and not stabilization?
>>
>>581316
Oran and Algiers are rightful Algerian clay. Gib back clay you shitty Islamist bastard.
>>
>>582046
no borders in a single, communist utopia.
>>
>>581979
All they have to do is give up their pseudo-nationalist biases. Differences are artificial. Differences are made up by Anti-Yugo-Imperialists.

Balkan has to /yu/nite again, and never betray itself again. Yugoslavia is rightful, nationalism is poison.

Give me one reason Yugoslavia shouldn't exist.
>inb4 bourgeois manipulated opinions
>pro tip: /yu/ can't (live apart)
>>
>>581316
>Huge ass Kurdistan because they're in the news as the good guys right now
Learn to untangle your biases and the biases of your information sources, you contemporocentrist
>>
>>581387
Because the structures were already in place, and the people initially in power aren't exactly going to give up that power. It would take a coup to change power, and a war to change territory. And there have been plenty of both.
>>
>>581423
It was fine until the ottoman empire died and post-colonisation you sperg.
>>
>>581316
>Kurdistan not on the moon.

Well at least if they're all in one place they're easier to nuke.
>>
>>581287
Europe was barely able to do that at home. And that took the intense ethnic cleansings of WWII and post-WWII to achieve.
>>
>>581316
>Israel
>Peaceful
Top zozzle
>>
File: 2261315_Peace_Agree_290905c.jpg (31 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
2261315_Peace_Agree_290905c.jpg
31 KB, 620x413
>>581371
Beidh ár lá linn, tá uimhir na gcainteoir ag méadú.

>>581298
>left wing
>nationalist
>pro-national pride
>anti-imperialism
best of all worlds
>>
>>582513
>Yugoslavia is rightful, nationalism is poison.
Like they're basically Islamic, Catholic and Orthodox Serbs, so wouldn't "nationalism" be useful in building a Yugoslav identity?
>>
>>584283
Nationalism is poison. Religion is a illusion.

They blind people. We don't need them. We need unity.
>>
>>581287
Post-colonial states were successors to colonial client states whose borders were designed with external control in mind. These states had vast internal divisions by design, not by coincidence.
>>
>>584996
>These states had vast internal divisions by design, not by coincidence

I think you're retroactively assuming a massive amount of foresight among those controlling colonial policy in Africa

>In 1870, only 10 percent of Africa was under European control; by 1914 it had increased to 90 percent of the continent, with only Ethiopia (Abyssinia) and Liberia still being independent

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scramble_for_Africa
>>
>>582669
>being contrarian for the sake of it
I support Bashar El-Assad because I'm a internet intellectual :DDDDD
>>
>>582443
>>584996
Isn't exploitation (and control) easier when there is stability?
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.