[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Taking my first 500-level philosophy course this semester (Topics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1439986157474.jpg (78 KB, 1109x1169) Image search: [Google]
1439986157474.jpg
78 KB, 1109x1169
Taking my first 500-level philosophy course this semester (Topics in Socio-Political Philosophy), what should I expect?
>>
>>581194
To be asked to explain what "500 level" is for Bologna, NZ, British and Australian companions.

Fuck you seppo.
>>
>First
If they mention anything beyond the Greeks or someone says Spinoza was in anyway intelligent leave immediately
>>
>>581204
Basically graduate-level classes open to undergraduates.
>>
>>581206
lel
What's the deal with Spinoza ?
>>
>>581206
>>581212
And what's the deal with the Greeks? The Greeks never even came up with a proper form of social contract theory, they were hardly the only relevant sociopolitical thinkers.
>>
>>581209
Well you should expect a lot more of your colearners to have read the texts.
>>
>>581194
Do crit thinking/prop logic class first so you know the rules first or u fall into social commentary. Analytic>continental
>>
>>581238
>social commentary
http://www.philpapers.org/archive/sinPG
>>
>>581215
Crito - Plato

'Tell us what complaint you have to make against us which justifies you in attempting to destroy us and the State? In the first place did we not bring you into existence? …[S]ince you were brought into the world and nurtured and educated by us, can you deny in the first place that you are our child and slave, as your fathers were before you?'
>>
>>581284
Are you saying that's the only significant sociopolitical proposition in the history of Western philosophy?
>>
>>581278
Aawwww lawdy. Feel the love from other instances of you = modal masturbation
>>
>>581238
I'm a philosophy major and it's the last semester of my senior year, I've taken enough credits to complete it and I'm just finishing it up this semester. My university is hella analytic.
>>
>>581194
probably a term paper
>>
>>581194
If it's contemporary philosophy, it will be "this is Rawls, read him well because everything after him will be a response to his thoughts."
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.