[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I'm a girl btw: the monarch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 13
File: 320px-Darnley_stage_3.jpg (76 KB, 320x468) Image search: [Google]
320px-Darnley_stage_3.jpg
76 KB, 320x468
>I'm a girl btw: the monarch
>>
File: King Charles II.jpg (7 KB, 150x224) Image search: [Google]
King Charles II.jpg
7 KB, 150x224
>>580472
>Look, I hate Catholics as much as anybody, but don't you guys think Protestantism is just as bad?
>>
File: oliver-cromwell-portrait-009.jpg (24 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
oliver-cromwell-portrait-009.jpg
24 KB, 460x276
>Normies should all just die desu senpai
>>
File: 1491_Henry_VIII.jpg (335 KB, 1213x1500) Image search: [Google]
1491_Henry_VIII.jpg
335 KB, 1213x1500
>>580472
>tfw you will never have a son
>tfw my wives are worthless
>>
>>580472
>FREDERICK II GON GIVE IT TO YA
>This Polish shit, is mine.
>>
>>580472
Did girls ever get to be monarch in the middle east or Asia?
>>
>>580667
Asia, yes. There were female monarchs in India and in the far east.

Middle-East? Not recently, in Islam succession is strictly men only.
>>
>>580667
Only if you consider Ethiopia Middle East
>>
File: MTIwNjA4NjM0MDA1MzkwODYw.jpg (16 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
MTIwNjA4NjM0MDA1MzkwODYw.jpg
16 KB, 300x300
>just want to farm my crops
>redcoats won't leave us alone
>died too early to kick their sorry lobster asses out of Washington
>>
>>580472
She didn't do anything, anyhow. William Cecil and Francis Walsingham were the de facto rulers of England. It is well established that when Cecil and Elizabeth had disputes, it was Cecil's voice that won out. Women don't have the brains for politics. She was just a pretty face, like all women politicians.
>>
>>582558
Fucking rude.
>>
> I was born as a Swedish queen but self-identify myself as a lesbian catholic Roman-kin; burn in hell, cis-scum!
>>
>>582568
Fucking true, so I don't care.
>>
File: LOOUIIIEEEEE.jpg (2 MB, 1390x1975) Image search: [Google]
LOOUIIIEEEEE.jpg
2 MB, 1390x1975
>"So I told them 'I am the state' "
>"And they believed it, absolute madmans"
>>
>>582576
based on what?
>>
>>582588
>However, it is most likely that Cecil's views carried the day in the politics of Elizabethan England. The historian Hilaire Belloc contends that Cecil was the de facto ruler of England during his tenure as Secretary; pointing out that in instances where his and Elizabeth's wills diverged, it was Cecil's will that was imposed.

>But Cecil never developed that passionate aversion from decided measures which became a second nature to Elizabeth. His intervention in Scotland in 1559–60 showed that he could strike hard when necessary; and his action over the execution of Mary, Queen of Scots, proved that he was willing to take on responsibilities from which the Queen shrank.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Cecil,_1st_Baron_Burghley

Based on wikipedia for one. It is pretty well established that Cecil and Walsingham were the real brains and movers behind the throne. It was outright at times. People listened to Cecil before they did Elizabeth, because he was obviously the one who understood politics.
>>
>>582614
So you're basing the capability of women to rule on Elizabeth alone, despite her obviously not having been raised to rule and is just one individual?
>>
>>582614
>Hilaire Belloc

You don't see any problem getting your info concerning one of the greatest Protestant figures in English history from a known Catholic shill?
>>
>>582627
Most men can't rule, either. Many "advisors" have ran countries when the King was too stupid, too vain or too much of a drunkard to run things. It takes a lot of intelligence to properly run a country, and no, there are no women with that capability. There has never been a successful woman leader. They are all figureheads. To rule properly isn't as simple as being commanding; it is also about having foresight into the future and understanding cause and effect. Strategic thought is an extremely male oriented proclivity.
>>
>>582633
I'm not going into a source war with you. I have better things to do. It is not really debated that Walsingham and Cecil were the primary movers, though. It is more like common knowledge than revision.
>>
>>582647

We are waiting.
>>
>>582657
>common knowledge

Oh, never mind. It's definitely true then.
>>
>>582627
Not him but I think Isabella of Spain and Queen Victoria were the only capable (and relevant) female rulers ever.
>>
File: hith-catherine-the-gret-E.jpg (199 KB, 686x385) Image search: [Google]
hith-catherine-the-gret-E.jpg
199 KB, 686x385
"are you afraid of a strong independent women?"
>>
>>582665
Women are physically weaker and less ambitious by nature, societies naturally lean towards women having less power. That doesn't mean we're inherently worse at managing power when we have it.
>>
File: Harold Godwinson.png (95 KB, 175x214) Image search: [Google]
Harold Godwinson.png
95 KB, 175x214
>FUCKING NORMANFAGS REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>582665
Don't know much about them, but I'd wager they weren't running things, either. Women aren't going to run a country competently. It even sounds wrong.
>>
>>582671
HORSE FUCKER
O
R
S
E

F
U
C
K
E
R
>>
>>582665
Maria Theresa?
Indira Gandhi?
Thatcher?
Golda fucking Meir?
>>
>>582675
Smaller brain cases and more sentimental by nature, too.
>>
>>582695
What does the size of the brain have to do with anything?
>>
>>582695
Smaller brain because smaller body, less processes to manage. There's not less mental processing.
>>
>>582688

Dont judge everyone else accoring to you own low reccord.
>>
>>582691
>indira gandhi literally eviscerated pakistan while thumbing the US and with the world at large supporting her.
clever girl
>>
>>582558
>She was just a pretty face
She was considered ugly.
>>
>>582665

there's plenty of women who ruled through their husbands

Theodora's a pretty famous example
>>
>>582722
Nero's mother controlled his dumbassery well enough to make him popular among the common Romans early on. Senate and patricians hated him but couldn't do anything because of that popularity.

Then he god married, but it still wasn't bad because his wife wasn't dumb and liked her mother in law so he was still controlled, just little less.

Then his son died, he went batshit insane and nobody was able to control his batshit insanity.
>>
>>582704
More intelligence. Brains are extremely expensive calorie wise. There would need to be an evolutionary impetus to create bigger nutrient demanding brains. Larger heads cost more than smaller heads. So what are you saying? Large heads cost more to feed but aren't doing more? That's like saying big muscles are more expensive, but don't aid the individual. If this was true, the mutation wouldn't have occurred in the first place.

You can't say chimps are less intelligent than us due to brain size without extrapolating that to humans as well. If it's true throughout nature, it's true period. The average male has 15% more brain mass than the average woman, even accounting for height. Males with large heads have significantly larger brains.
>>
>>582742
That's only because melonheads tend to kill their daughters. The statistics is skewed.

In purely neanderthal or sap population the difference is less visible.
>>
>>582742
they have larger brains because they have bigger bodies to manage and need to better at fighting, so they have better reaction times(on average, but not universally). There is no proof that they're better at mental tasks, which generally tends to depend on the individual task at hand.
>>
>>582671
She just built off of Based Peter The Great.
>>
>>582737
I know it's just a legend, but didn't all of Gilgamesh's non retarded ideas come from his mother?
>>
>>582779
and Peter based a lot of his shit on his predecessors (New Order Troops made up like 60% of the Army when he came to power for example, yet he's seen as 'the great moderniser)
>>
>>582756
Obviously brains do more than just cognitive tasks. If two brains are different sizes, but their faculties are proportioned equally, the larger head will be more intelligent. Think of fist fighting: two people of equal skill, but one guy is taller and more muscular; the bigger guy will win. So, it's possible to have a large head and be dumb, but most very intelligent people have much larger heads than average. I would say from first hand experience that women's brains are more wired towards social experiences than towards complex abstract thought, the kind necessary to run a country properly. So this would mean less brain size in general and inferior proportioning.

>>582752
>That's only because melonheads tend to kill their daughters.

What? Why would they kill their daughters?
>>
>>582799
Gilgamesh was very likely to be the person who asked scribes to wrote down that legend and put him into it, so everything you read about him there is likely to be false.
>>
>>582818
>What? Why would they kill their daughters?
Because they're melonheads, they know their daughters even if born from trophy wives will be ugly while males won't care about it since they'll get their trophy wives.
>>582799
Gilgamesh was house nigger for the "gods" or as correctly translated "the unchallenged ones" who ruled over
the ancient world. They regarded Gilgamesh as one of their favorite step'n'fetchits for dropping the boom on
his own kind.
Gilgamesh gets to rape the female slaves while keeping their men busy working on infrastructure projects for
his masters as one of the perks of his job :
"The story begins by introducing Gilgamesh, king of Uruk. Gilgamesh, two-thirds god and one
third man, is oppressing his people, who are crying out to the gods for help. For the young women
of Uruk this oppression takes the form of a droit de seigneur - or "lord's right" - to sleep with
newly married brides on their wedding night. For the young men (the tablet is damaged at this
point) it is conjectured that Gilgamesh is exhausting them through games, tests of strength, or
perhaps forced labour on building projects." (the last is generally agreed upon by academics, the
first two are conjecture.)

Note again and again that the "gods" are described as physical, touchable, seeable entities who simply occupy
the upper crust of the society as it's masters. The whole translation of the "gods" in Sumerian cuneiform is
widely disputed by many who claim it is extremely misleading in that it indicates these beings were not exactly
like people but part of an upper class elite. The better translation in modern language is "people that nobody
dared to disobey because they dominated everyone else." Notice the"gods" are all capable of drinking, eating,
having sex with their human slaves, bragging, fighting, getting embarrassed, engaging in subterfuges, losing
their tempers over petty sh*t and are identical to humans in every way except they are "unchallenged."
>>
>>582837
Why are they "unchallenged?" Well, guessing from their remains left all over the planet, including some of them
actually sticking up out of the ground in tombs in South America, maybe because they average 7 feet tall, have
2200cc brains, often wear helmets or crowns that make them look even taller and they surround themselves
with superhuman bodyguards they call "The Watchers" or "Neanderthals who were sent on the long walk" or
"those cast down from the heights (like the cliffs where Neanderthals lived in the mountains)" or "The
Nephilim" which means "Rejected by their own kind" in Hebrew. To make their guards look even scarier, they
often wear helmets shaped like animal heads, like crocodiles or hyenas and they tell the slaves that the
Nephilim are undefeatable because they are part demon.
In some Sumerian literature these "gods" are also described as "those who prefer not to be named," also
implying these people sort of creep around in the background of a society, perhaps changing their appearance
and names frequently so as not to be understood except by their intermediaries. They like to rule from the
shadows and their house n*ggers like Gilgamesh (the ancient world's version of George Bush) get lots of
benefits if they step lively and do as they are told.
Lord Enki, the architect who designed each of these various slave races, designed each of their bitch species to
serve a purpose in their monolithic construction projects.
>>
>>582691
They wouldn't be out of place at the top of any shitty leader list.
>>
>>582839
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enki
He only ever made one mistake in the lab. He created a super powered super intelligent creature called "Enki's
mistake" or "Enkidu" around the same time he created these other races. This mistake escaped into the wild
and proved impossible for the gods to control. Although all the other slave races made by Enki were submissive
to command words by Enki and some kind of creepy suggestive Jedi mind-tricks, only the Enkidu were
completely immune to command and this scared the other gods who castigated Enki for his mistake. They
commissioned him to figure out a way to solve the problem of the super powered crazy rodeo clown super
geniuses who lived at high altitudes and loved animals.
Notice that Enki is nearly indistinguishable from Oannes, the inventor/scientist/life engineer who comes from
his secret lab on the bottom of the sea, which is also the final destination of Gilgamesh in his quest for the secret of immortality. It is said that the gods keep all their tech in undersea labs or subterranean strongholds where it is impossible for any slave to reach unless he has diving apparatus and fish scale armor like that
depicted on Enki and Oannes in many motifs. These armored scuba suits are always in fact depicted as helmets
with waterproof seals that slide forwards and backwards over the head on command to give the appearance of
fish when worn.
>>
>>582845
"The gods knew their slaves could not breathe in water as they did and therefore placed all their secrets at
great depths."
Gilgamesh actually made it to one of these underground seabed farms where the seed of immortality is grown,
but upon surfacing he was seduced by some serpent like creature who waved his hand over his eyes and told
him to "sleep" like the Nosferatu in DARK CITY, after which he took the seed out of Gilgamesh's hands. Can't
have house n*ggers running around with sh*t like that.
Although most academics won't commit to it publicly for fear of ending out on their ass and losing their tenure,
there is widespread recognition that the real King Gilgamesh wrote himself into an ancient oral story about
Enkidu which he had nothing to do with.
It was Enkidu who killed Humbaba all by himself. That's why when they plagiarized the work they kept two
whole tablets of the ancient curse on Enkidu. Why is Gilgamesh scarcely mentioned by Humbaba even though
they are both standing over him and why is he begging Enkidu for his life instead of Gilgamesh who is said to
have the sword? Why does Humbaba say it is Enkidu who will pay for defying the gods, Enkidu who has had
the gall to kill their guardian, Enkidu who will not obey his masters?
It was Enkidu who dived to the bottom of the sea and stole the seed of immortality.
It was Enkidu who survived the flood and the burning ash from the sky. It was Enkidu who was the strongest,
most powerful and dangerous creature ever created. (Quoting Humbaba)
>>
>>582846
It was Enkidu. Gilgamesh is some vain old lech who wrote himself into this story many tens or even hundreds
of thousands of years later. Gilgamesh was Jacob (Hebrew for "someone who takes credit for something he did
not do") and not Esau (Hebrew for "Strong man of action, doer of deeds" and "A guy you don't want to f*ck
with")
But how do the genetics of Enki / rest of the god caste compare to sapiens or neanderthal?
Lord Enki tells his fellow "gods" that he is planning to construct several slave races that will alleviate their labor
so they will no longer have to work and these new races will avoid the mutiny and civil unrest common to their
existing slave workers.
“Let us create a drone, a primitive worker, the hardship to take over, let the Being the toil of the 'gods' carry on
his back. The Being that we need, it already exists. All that we have to do is put on it the mark of our essence
[genes], thereby a drone, a Primitive Worker, shall be created. All we need to is to weaken it, scale it down do
that it will not challenge us and will be subject to our will.”
Enki has enormous success at creating each of these slack-jawed, vacant eyed slave species, identical to the
sorts of people you see in the bleachers in professional wrestling arenas. There is however one mistake and
this mistake gets away into the wild, or as the translation goes "slips into the forests and cannot be tracked
where it makes it's home." This sounds to me like the Neanderthals climbed to the high plateaus where they
lived and were too much of a nuisance to chase up there. Lots of work to be done in the urban centers and it is
not cost-efficient to send some animal control unit out to recapture these crazy lab monkeys that Enki lost
control of. Besides they are crazy, nobody expects any harm will come of them. It's just a small hitch in an
otherwise very successful ass monkey breeding program.
>>
>>582842
Anon I don't know how to say this politely but I think you're full of shit.
>>
>>582855
seconding this
>>
>>582837
>Because they're melonheads, they know their daughters even if born from trophy wives will be ugly while males won't care about it since they'll get their trophy wives.

I have trouble believing women were ever killed for having large heads. Also, melonheads aren't bad. Being tall isn't bad, being muscular isn't bad, having large genitals isn't bad; so why would you think having a large head would be? All of those things have advantages or they wouldn't have happened in the first place.

>>582848
>>582846
>>582845
Drop a link next time.
>>
>>582823
I know that. I was just curious if there was a parallel between Nero and said legends. Wasn't sure if I was remembering the legend right.
>>
>>582868
>I have trouble believing women were ever killed for having large heads. Also, melonheads aren't bad. Being tall isn't bad, being muscular isn't bad, having large genitals isn't bad; so why would you think having a large head would be? All of those things have advantages or they wouldn't have happened in the first place.
Melonheads aren't people with big head, they're the entire breed of humans.
>>
>>582855
>coming up with examples of good female leaders
>first thoughts are Indira Gandhi and Margaret Thatcher
>suggests I'm the one who's full of shit
>>
>>582665
I thought Queen Victoria was just a figurehead.
>>
Thatcher was pretty good, and this is largely the consensus among people who study the period; the first term is controversial because Falklands but her economic policy is what she's remembered for. I know Indira Gandhi is revered in her country for what its worth.
>>
>>582683
That's Edward I
>>
File: 1590.jpg (26 KB, 352x284) Image search: [Google]
1590.jpg
26 KB, 352x284
>>582903
>her economic policy is what she's remembered for

Yeah, and none too fondly.
>>
>>582924
>Listening to northern propaganda
>>
>>582903
>Thatcher was pretty good, and this is largely the consensus among people who study the period

u avin a giggle m8
>>
>>582903
She was dumb fucking bitch who made Britain 100% dependant on foreign energy with no way back.

Germans closed their mines as well but they've never flooded them, because unlike Maggie, they knew that at some point they will become profitable again and using existing infrastructure will be easier than building shafts etc. from the scratch.

Before the oil prices started to drop few years ago there were serious talks to re-open German coal mines.
>>
>>582924
Oh yes, the miners strike of 1984. When the miners demanded a huge pay increase, were offered a smaller one, and instead of accepting it fucked themselves so hard in the ass it completely killed an already-sickly entire industrial sector.

Socialism is always and everywhere cancer.
>>
>>582943
This is true though. Ask any proper historian, not your mates at SWP meetings.
>>
>>582894
Isabella had Ferdinand also. I doubt that any women legitimately made all of the important decisions of a country, or were even the primary political mind. Women may have made good choices in selecting advisors and which advice to follow, but outright making up their own foreign policy, strategies, etc., no.
>>
>>582951
Merkel didn't do it. She SAID she would do it in order to put pressure on France, which is quite un-amicably in my opinion and is pretty much in opposition to the spirit, if not the letter of the EU. No one is shoveling any coal in Western Europe any time soon.
>>
>>580472
Tits or gtfo
>>
>>582893
>indira gandhi was bad
>>582903
She isn't revered, but she is seen as a decisive leader, one of the few in india.
>>
>>582966
>any proper historian

Niall Ferguson?
>>
Literally America: the momarch

>We need to spread freedom and Protestantism
>The Emperor is an opressive bully (and probably funding the Danes as well)
>Let's invade Pomerania and stop him!

>30 % of the German population ends up dead
>>
>>583128
I've always wondered how he's portrayed in German schoolbooks. He's either a hero or villain.
>>
>>583040
>She isn't revered, but she is seen as a decisive leader, one of the few in india.

What's this mean, exactly? I don't know much about her or the power structure she surrounded herself with, but isn't it possible she was just decisively carrying out other people's decisions? People like Hitler, who control all domestic, foreign and economic policies, with over-ride on military matters, are rare. Most male leaders don't reach that level of control, and I'm almost positive no woman has ever come close.
>>
>>583167
>I have no idea of how mercurial and headstrong she was but she was totally carrying out the orders of men
She was her father with a less conciliatory bend. The only people she didn't control and left alone completely were the army heads because her daddy had made that mistake.
you had a CIA mole in her cabinet tell the americans that she wasn't gonna invade pakistan because refugees were coming over her borders, and meanwhile she was preparing for war.
>>
>>582683

>Harold Godwinson.png

>Triggered
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.