[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What exactly is the holy spirit supposed to be, and what is its
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7
File: holyspirit.jpg (24 KB, 250x322) Image search: [Google]
holyspirit.jpg
24 KB, 250x322
What exactly is the holy spirit supposed to be, and what is its role beyond being a third of God? I've got a decent understanding behind the father and the son, but the details on the ghost still escape me.
>>
>>824336
its the god part inside of your heart.

t. universalist faggot
>>
File: Asherah.jpg (26 KB, 261x494) Image search: [Google]
Asherah.jpg
26 KB, 261x494
The Holy Spirit is represented by a dove, which in turn is a symbol of Asherah, the Hebrew goddess-wife of Yahweh

The Hebrew name for the Holy Spirit is "Ruach ha-Qadesh", "Qadesh" is an epithet for the mother-goddess Queen of Heaven Asherah and she was worshiped as "Qetesh" by the Egyptians

The Trinity originally represented the family unit, Father, Mother, and Child

Goddess worship was repressed however as Asherah's cult was seen as too powerful by the priests of Yahweh, who wanted to emphasize his power by making him the only true god, all other deities being demons in actuality so Asherah became Ashtoreth a lower demon in service to the fallen one

Monotheism destroys the rich mythology of the great pantheon of gods who could represent unique individual archetypes, rather than just one bland god that's suppose to represent everything and thus at the same time nothing in particular

Reconnect with the Goddess and know her true name and identity
>>
>>824513
>The Holy Spirit is represented by a dove, which in turn is a symbol of Asherah, the Hebrew goddess-wife of Yahweh
Wah, so now Yahweh is fucking himself?
>>
>>824522
Yahweh has become a monstrosity

There are parts in the Bible that even ascribe feminine characteristics to Yahweh, I believe they mention "his womb" and being nourished by his "breasts"

He has become a misshapen hermaphrodite that no longer desires a family having sacrificed his wife and child for more power yet has lost all sense of his original self

He wants to be father and mother, he wants to be both the old and respected father but also the young and energetic child

He's less of a god now and more of an abstracted concept, a far cry from the warrior lord of heaven sky god he originally was
>>
File: deusvult.jpg (139 KB, 900x700) Image search: [Google]
deusvult.jpg
139 KB, 900x700
>>824336
>a third of God
HERETIC!
>>
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 365x404) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 365x404
>>824513
>modernist paganism
>>
It's God's secret part that impregnates "virgins"
>>
Basically imagine Casper the friendly ghost but with a halo, that's it.
>>
The Holy Spirit is the person of God who acts through believers.
>>
>>824587
>There are parts in the Bible that even ascribe feminine characteristics to Yahweh, I believe they mention "his womb" and being nourished by his "breasts"
Which ones?
https://www.biblegateway.com/resources/dictionary-of-bible-themes/5199-womb
https://www.biblegateway.com/resources/dictionary-of-bible-themes/5140-breasts

Gotta love "beliefs about the Bible" by people who've never read it. Even worse than protestants.

>>824336
>details on the ghost still escape me.
tl;dr of pneumatology in scripture:
Called God Acts 5:3-4
Creator Job 33:4, 26:13
Resurrects Rom. 8:11
Indwells John 14:17
Everywhere Psalm 139:7-10
All-knowing 1 Cor. 2:10-11
Sanctifies 1 Pet. 1:2
Life giver 2 Cor. 3:6, 8
Fellowship 2 Cor. 13:14, Phil. 2:1
Eternal Rom. 8:11, Heb. 9:14
A Will 1 Cor. 12:11
Speaks Acts 8:29, 11:12, 13:2
Love Rom. 15:30
Searches the heart 1 Cor. 2:10
Gives joy John 14:7

You can grieve the Holy Spirit.
You can lie to the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit speaks.
The Holy Spirit expresses feelings.
The Holy Spirit is a person; a member of the Trinity, against Whom blasphemy is unpardonable.
>>
File: sophia.jpg (8 KB, 188x268) Image search: [Google]
sophia.jpg
8 KB, 188x268
>>826117
There's nothing modernist about this, the concept of a Holy Spirit has its origins in the worship of Asherah who formed a family triad with Yahweh and Baal

Asherah was demoted to being a demonic spirit and her role as Ruach ha-Qadesh was taken by Yahweh in the abstracted concept of an ambiguous spirit rather than a divine mother

The Gnostics later conceptualized the Holy Spirit as a woman once again with the goddess of wisdom Sophia, essentially Asherah reborn, this time as the Mother of the Demiurge Yaldabaoth who in turn created this world

>>826356
>Isaiah 49:15 King James Version (KJV)

>15 Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.
>>
File: tumblr_nknpo07qxV1rg3vrmo5_500.jpg (62 KB, 450x532) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nknpo07qxV1rg3vrmo5_500.jpg
62 KB, 450x532
It means the recognition that we live in a sick world...when nice guys like us can't get a good girlfriend who knows her place...then, and only then, society is doomed...

Oh father, father...why have you forsaken us...why is it that, you turned your back on us when we needed you the most...I must go now, if you want to be redpilled like me...a mere reading of the book of Daniel will do...it wil simply blow your mind...
>>
>>824587
> his womb
> his breast
> not understand symbolism
>>
I find that Church Fathers really helpfull on these types of questions. Especially the Cappadocian Fathers who were trying to defend the faith while wrestling with how to express it to the larger hellenistic world. Try St. Basil, On The Holy Spirit.
>>
>>826535
>Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.

>yea, they may forget
>yea, they may forget
He's claiming his eternal covenant to be superior and not even close to a maternal bond, and the fragility and weakness thereof.

God is not your mother, especially not one of the child-abandoning kind.

It's the kind of verse you'd think would show up in a "Jews are misogynists" kind of list.

At least the proddies read their verses.

>There's nothing modernist about this
Indeed it's revisionism.
>>
>>824587
god is netiher man or woman considering god does not need genitalia, he is referred to in a masculine way for convenience i believe.
>>
>>824336
I always thought the Holy Spirit was like God's sperm
>>
holy spirit is YHWH as understood by people and prophets
father is YHWH the distant, the ruler, the impossible to understand in human terms
son is Jesus Christ, the 100% human and 100% divine
overall they make up God, the highest existence in the universe, that we can't know personally or understand in human terms but at the same time can more or less picture with our limited imagination and words, which led to the trinity according to Christian theology
>>
Who cares. It's all nonsense anyway. I really feel sorry for people who study theology. Unless you are doing so to further your understanding of history, it's a fucking waste of time.
>>
File: image.png (32 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
image.png
32 KB, 429x410
>>826535
That's fucking retarded.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.