[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would our world look like now if Genghis Khan never existed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
What would our world look like now if Genghis Khan never existed?
>>
Islam expanding further North, East and West much earlier.
>>
>>578706
Not much. Maybe gunpowder would take a long ass time to reach Europe.
>>
>>578721

By the time of Genghis conquests the Islam had stopped expanding.
>>
>>578753
Islam spread to the Russian steppes a bit after Genghis Khan.
>>
No black death in Europe, strong European Russia, Byzantium is dead by 1300.
>>
Eastern Europe would be white.
>>
Russia would still be considered part of europe proper, with its capital in kiev or novgorod and no mongol rape baby traits.
Also with a culture more akin to polish or even nordic people
>>
A more moderate Islam as influence from central Asian and Persian Islamic empires
Muslims develop guns first due to contact with China
No whabbis etc as they are a result of ghazali reactionaries response to Mongols
>>
>>578837
This, we would have a much more "saladinesque" islam there, with a persian/iraqi center of power and a rational theology instead of the current SILENCE ILL KILL YOU meme

Also very possible byzantine survival
>>
Stronger China, stronger Russia, stronger Middle East.
>>
>>578721
If anything, temudjin helped Muslims spread
>>
>>578837
Wahabbism developed centuries after Mongol influence in the Mid East in the Arabian peninsula at that. It was a small movement against local customs of going to shrines, tombs etc. that didn't gain traction until the rise of the Saudis. Your other points are true though.

>>578936
This. He also fostered the homogenization of the Middle East by effectively destroying the Nestorian Church.
>>
>>579726
>Wahabbism developed centuries after Mongol influence in the Mid East in the Arabian peninsula at that
Wahhabism at its core was anti-Ottoman.

Turks fled to the Arab World because of Mongol invasion.
>>
>>578733

> implying Roger Bacon didn't discover it independently
>>
>>579734
>Seljuq Turks were so afraid of Ghengis Khan they fled Central Asia centuries before he was born

Wahhabism was at its core iconoclastic. I guess the Ottomans were apart of that like most other contemporary Muslims were.
>>
>>578706
Han China would rule the world.
>>
File: 1453252454052.jpg (5 KB, 240x196) Image search: [Google]
1453252454052.jpg
5 KB, 240x196
>>578706
my world would look like a whole lotta dubs, fukboi. CHECKEM
>>
>>579862
Han China had already fallen. Genghis Khan mostly faced off against the Song and Jin dynasties in China. The better question is what would have happened if Muhammad II of Khwarezm wasn't an idiot.
>>
>>579866
OH SHIT
>>
>>579866
WITNESSED
>>
File: 1452737881228~2.jpg (22 KB, 253x310) Image search: [Google]
1452737881228~2.jpg
22 KB, 253x310
>>579866
>>
>>579866
>>579900
Nice
>>
>>579882
Ethnic Han. Not the Han dynasty.
>>
>>579945
I am not sure they would have. Some other Steppe tribe would have just invaded later as the Ming and then the Qing did.
>>
>>578706
Genghis Khan was literally fighting another man who was also unifying the mongols. This nomadic macro-confederations were not a rare thing limited to the huns and the mongols, those are only the ones we know well because they arrived to Europe in a time that was auspicious for them.

Now, I don't want to enter a debate about big man history or undermine Genghis abilities, but equating Genghis non-birth with the mongol conquests (or something similar) never happening is just wrong. Maybe we would have a less succesful horde, maybe not. The mongolian alphabet as we know it would probably not exist, but that's hardly influential outside of Mongolia proper.
>>
kabebs wouldn't get fucking ravaged, gunpowder would take longer to get to europe.
i feel like the plague would still spread from traders instead of the mongols
byzantines could get squashed earlier
i cant decide if this would delay the renaissance
>>
The finns would not have mongol DNA
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.