[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This was the best African state in history. Discuss.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: mali.png (14 KB, 413x291) Image search: [Google]
mali.png
14 KB, 413x291
This was the best African state in history.
Discuss.
>>
>>5782
>not Rome
>>
Ethiopia was better.
>>
>>5782
>not Axum

end yourself
>>
>>5782
What is the rationale behind your affirmation, may I inquire my good sir?
>>
muh rhodesia
>>
>>5856
>Largest producer of gold in the 13th and 14th century
>Mansa Musa was the wealthiest man in history
>Timbuktu was the trade and scholarship center of Africa
>>
>>5826
This. The culture of Mali has been essentially lost.
>>
The whole gold thing was nice but I think Ethiopia has more weight on its history.
>>
Did you guys ever learn about African history in school? Here in the US, we were never taught about it.
>>
>>6344
There are small mentions about it in books here in Poland
>>
>>5782
that's not Axum/Abyssinia.

Also if we are talking more modern history. Then you're really far off base because the best African state was Rhodesia.
>>
>>5782
WE
>>
>>6344
I only recall learning about Egypt
>>
>>6344
Just Egypt. Most of African history is too irrelevant to teach to children in detail
>>
Only if we're not counting North Africa as Africa.
>>
I'd give it to Egypt or Ethiopia desu senpai

What's your argument?
>>
Ancient Egypt survived for more than 3 thousand years and constructed the only surviving ancient wonder, among all the other constructions such as obelisks that are all over Europe. You can't surpass that, mali-chan.
>>
>>6344
We learned about Egypt, Carthage, and we touched on colonization, but for the most part High school history did not cover Africa.
>>
>>6344
Nope, besides some colonial stuff. Which is a pity, the little I know of the sub-saharan African Kingdoms and Empires is actually quite interesting.
>>
>>6344
>>6344
We learnt about Egypt in school and colonisation in highschool here in France
>>
>>6344
US here, the first thing I learned about in high school history was colonialism. We also did some stuff on Ancient Egypt in like 7th grade.
>>
10/10 would trade gold for slaves with.
>>
File: 1407614164177.gif (87 KB, 450x214) Image search: [Google]
1407614164177.gif
87 KB, 450x214
>>5782
Rhodesia was better. Stay made, kaffers.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.