[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you could choose any time in history to live, even and where
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6
File: Dobster.jpg (19 KB, 412x232) Image search: [Google]
Dobster.jpg
19 KB, 412x232
If you could choose any time in history to live, even and where would you go?
>>
>>57026
Last week, your moms house m8
>>
>>57026
Unless I was cured of all diseases, disabilities, and ensured I would live to seventy at least- fucking no-where. The best time to live is always in the present.
>>
>>57026
I'd dick the Dobster
>>
>>57026
10,000BC in Katanga, DRC

I'd single handedly start a bronze age there, only issue is there is no point knowing a Bantu language because well it was before the expansion and my cousins wouldn't know the language.
>>
>>57105
You would probably die of disease in a few days.
>>
Bronze Age Middle East. Drinking, debauchery, Baal-worshipping, whores, loads-E-mone. Chariot races. Serious philosophy, ethics or guilt-based religions didn't exist yet so you could just do whatever as long as you didn't piss off the king. Fuck yeah. The Bronze Age was ballin'.
>>
>>57026
1860 pre-CSA, ensure that the gods country remains free.
>>
>>57138
No, I'm the result of a few thousand years of resistance there. One fear I have though is Yaws.
>>
Late 1800's in the US so that I can get in on the ground floor.
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 317x159) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 317x159
>>57026
the 80s
>>
pre religion

pre money
>>
File: 1406491339298.jpg (81 KB, 319x303) Image search: [Google]
1406491339298.jpg
81 KB, 319x303
1950's - 1960's Paris with frequent trips to Stockholm, New York, and California
>>
>>57026
I would like to live my childhood again. I feel like I missed out on a lot of things because I was socially retarded.
>>
Europe circa 1500. I would love to take part in the early Age of Exploration.
>>
>>57138
Nigga what is vaccines?
>>
>>58543
Have those too I guess so that's nice
>>
I'm Black so Ancient Egypt

but seriously, probably none
>>
File: 1442623241098.gif (995 KB, 257x194) Image search: [Google]
1442623241098.gif
995 KB, 257x194
>>57734
i agree
>>
Probably in the 70s where I'd be Ugly AF like Austin Powers but still shag beautiful women
>>
It would be interesting to be a danish warrior in 800AD or so, invading england and whatnot

Being in the nazi military mite b cool too

I'd be down with being in the military of any great civilization during its peak desu
>>
Probably sometime during Alexander the Great's conquest just to see it.

>tfw love history so much but will never be able to see these amazing things with your own eyes

Feels bad
>>
File: 1399665794184.gif (510 KB, 346x367) Image search: [Google]
1399665794184.gif
510 KB, 346x367
Early 1500's. Help my man Cortez explore and conquer part of the new world.
Fuck bitches, get gold, promotions everywhere.
>>
Assuming shit like >>57087, probably Norway/Sweden/Finland prior to the arrival of Christian missionaries (but after say, the year 700) so I could more accurately record the pagan beliefs for future documentation. I understand that the influence on the stories isn't that great, but I would still prefer a more accurate understanding of what they believed.
>>
>>57026
It's gonna sound boring, but I wish I was in my prime in the USA 1950s-60s. Medicine is pretty good compared to the rest of history. You could drink at work and sexually harass hot secretaries. Patriarchy was still important. Automobiles were still pieces of art. Music was starting to get really good.
>>
>>58739
Sounds more like /r9k/'s wet dream, no offense if you don't actually browse /r9k/; but if you do than I do mean to offend.
>>
>>57026
>>57306
The 80s
Would visit late 40s - 50s
If you mean time travel general, I would go as far into the future as possible. You'll never know what happens otherwise.
>>
>>57026
Having immortality and invincibility, then babylon 1000BC
>>
>>57026
To start with, Italy around 280 bc. I'd just travel around the Mediterranean to try and collect books and legends for future preservation. First thing I'd collect is Pyrrhus's books and memoirs. It's a shame that they weren't preserved. Visiting the Library of Alexandria would be a dream come true as well.
>>
>>57026
Where or whenever she is/was
>>
Provided I was of reasonably high station, Napoleonic wars. Something about dat hussar life
>>
>>57026
I'd become a boomer. Enjoy 50s culture as a kid, 60s culture as a teen, punk as an adult, then become rich in the 80s and lord over everyone until my death.
>>
File: 1415159960648.jpg (57 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1415159960648.jpg
57 KB, 540x540
>>57026
Amsterdam during the 17th century
>>
>>57026
I'm good now, but if forced I'd go back to the 80s, if only for the music.
>>
>>57026
I'd much prefer to jump around various periods and places in history (with invincibility and immunity to any disease, of course). Collecting things that were lost to history, solving weird shit that we still can't figure out today. That would be the life.
>>
>>57026
Edo 1600s ish
>>
>>58859
you wouldn't get access to the library unless you were the pharaoh's personal buttbuddy or something

>people who think the library of alexandria was like a public library where any pleb could go in and check out books
>>
I would not want to live there anywhere but here.(with a possible exception being 70's disco era). However it coud be awesome to go back in time and place irrefutable proof of any historic question to be found by and used. Basicly to educate the world.
>>
>>60311
Well, I was banking on them letting me in by posing as a scholar who came to add to the library. If it comes down to it I'll happily be the pharaoh's buttbuddy for that chance.
>>
>>60311
Good job shitting on a fun thread.
>>
I'd go back during the height of the Mongolian empire and use my future knowledge to befriend the current Great Khan and have diplomatic immunity to almost the entire world.
>>
>>60457
Something like that sounds like it would be horrible to me. Even if I was BFF with the Khan himself, seeing all that rape and torture and murder every day would give my western, 20th century morality a nervous breakdown.

If we're talking about using future knowledge then I'd probably try to stop WW1 from happening somehow. Maybe give Wellington's armourers the blueprints for the Maxim gun and rifled gun barrels so Britain becomes unassailable in Europe. Actually, there's a dozen ways that could make things much worse.

Maybe just take a sports almanac back to 1985, make a ton of money "gambling," then invest in Microsoft and telecommunications companies. I wonder if I could use all that money and the foreknowledge of the event to stop 9/11.
>>
>>60679
>I wonder if I could use all that money and the foreknowledge of the event to stop 9/11.
You could stop it without any money by finding the 9/11 hijackers before the attack and murdering them.
>>
19th century USA
>>
>>57306
Fucking this.
>>
Back to the beginning of modern man
Use my knowledge to become leader of clan, build a kingdom.
>>
>>57306
Thirding this.

I wouldn't want to go too far back because shit starts to suck as early as the 60's. The 80's however, they seem pretty damn radical.
>>
>>58702
>Fuck bitches

Oh...Oh my nigga. Oh do I have news for you.

It starts with S, rhymes with sisyphus, and everyone on the continent you're on fucking has it.
>>
would like to live in US in 1930s and to be a bank robber or a detective in 1950s
>>
>>57026

with the knowledge I have? 1987 and become a billionaire.
>>
>>57087
Assuming this though, I'd want to just live with my great-great-great-etc parents in England during the 12th Century as a knight. Good solid job, a good King to serve under, low chance of death, and lots and lots of glory.
>>
>>57026

I'd Live in 3000 . after we move up in development enough to finally see life on higher levels. Ofcourse with higher intelligence and higher attributes. Send texts with only our minds. And getting pussy will still be a piece of cake.
>>
>>57026
Belgium, 1830-50 or 1930. Brace the country for Industrial revolution. Also, prevent the language border from appearing. And, while i'm at it, volunteer in the army to prepare mechanized warfare
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.