[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I right in thinking that before Arab conquest, these were
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: arabworld.jpg (189 KB, 650x437) Image search: [Google]
arabworld.jpg
189 KB, 650x437
Am I right in thinking that before Arab conquest, these were the dominant races:

Iran and Iraq: Persians

Syria: Assyrians and Semites

Jordan, Lebanon and Palestine: Semites

Egypt: Copts

Tunisia, Algeria, Libya and Morocco: Berbers

Sudan: Nubians

Somalia, Mauritiana and Djibouti: Who knows?
>>
>>569756
>Iran and Iraq:Persians
Mesopotamia (Iraq) was not, nor was it ever, Persian
>>
File: persian_empire.jpg (142 KB, 1000x723) Image search: [Google]
persian_empire.jpg
142 KB, 1000x723
>>569784
yes it was. did the persians skip mesopotamia in their way to fight the greeks?
>>
>>569756

Can Persians and Semites even be considered "races"?
>>
>>569856
>they ruled it, so that means it was ethnically Persian

Do you think Egypt was Persian too?
>>
>>569862
Depends on the definition of race
Biological? No
Socio-cultural construct? Yes
>>
>"Semites"

That's an entire group, including Assyrians. And no, Iraq was also full of Semites.
>>
>>569756

Copts and Assyrians are Semites too, you nugget.

The Arab conquests didn't change that much. It was just a repeat of what had happened in Alexander's era with the Hellenisation of the Levant.
>>
>>569756
Even after Persians invaded, Assyrians and Babylonians were the majority most likely.
>>
>>569756
Learn the proper terms, m8.
>Persians
>Assyrians
>Copts
Ethnicity.
>Semites
Language family.
>>
>>569918
Copts are Semitic how?
>>
>>572321
Coptic aren't Semitic language per se, but it is closely related, being from the same Afro-Asiatic family.
>>
>>572326
so then why did you say they were semitic
>>
>>572329
It wasn't me, but as I've said, they are closely related, so he's more or less right.
>>
Tunisia was heavily latin before the arab conquest
>>
>>569756
The population of Iraq was never fully Persian. It was a clusterfuck of Semitic/Mesopotamian/Iranian races.

Furthermore Persian is a misnomer. The proper term is "Iranic." Persians are a subdivision of Iranic races.
>>
>thinking arabs literally raped their way throughout north-africa wiping out other ethnicities

Kill yourself OP.

Yes, culture and religion changed, but the people still look the same way they did before.

Egyptians are still Hamitic.

Morocco and Algeria are still largely Berber.

Iran is still largely Persian.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.