[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Dresden actually bombed? Or is this just Nazi propaganda?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 9
File: CrispyAryan.jpg (173 KB, 1080x766) Image search: [Google]
CrispyAryan.jpg
173 KB, 1080x766
Was Dresden actually bombed? Or is this just Nazi propaganda?

Did you remember muh Dresden 425 burjillion today, /his/?
>>
>Was Dresden actually bombed?
yes
>just Nazi propaganda?
no, people die in bombings

war sucks, people die
>>
File: bobmber-harris2.jpg (39 KB, 400x417) Image search: [Google]
bobmber-harris2.jpg
39 KB, 400x417
>>56592

Yes, Dresden got bombed, but they deserved it.
>>
Dresden is hilarious. It was something Germany deserved, and how nazi's cry about it is top keks

that being said only a few people died in it, if that
>>
>>56654

Are you the same Brit that always posts this on /int/ and /pol/?

God bless Harris.
>>
File: guernica.jpg (454 KB, 832x401) Image search: [Google]
guernica.jpg
454 KB, 832x401
>>56592
Yep, Dresden was bombed, just like Warsaw, Rotterdam, and London. Karma is a bitch, ain't it?
>>
>>56661
top kek man, sure showed those fuckin nazis!
>>
>>56592
Dresden never even existed, it's just a myth
>>
>>56768
>m...muh kraut babies!

looks fake to me. If it isn't then karma is a bitch
>>
>>56786
>these civilians deserved to die because these other civilians were killed
>m...muh tea babies!
Epic childish vengeance logic, might want to take a break from the internet for a while, your edge is honed too sharp for your own good.
>>
>>56592
Counter shitposting is still shitposting.
>>
>>56867
>on 4chan
>complains about edginess
>>
>>56988
This is what /pol/ does when you trigger them. They make ann frank and holocaust jokes like edgelords but as soon as you make a joke about dead nazi's they'll call you insensitive and hit the report button
>>
Yes, Dresden was bombed, but the figure of 200,000 deaths popularized by Slaughter House 5 was an exaggeration.
>>
pls delete this thread too
im glad the mods finally got here after fucking six hours but you need to take this out too because
>>56956
is right
>>
>>56988
> I am on 4chan so I'll behave like I'm 5 xD

What the fuck happened to this world
>>
>>56738
>Are you the same Brit that always posts this on /int/ and /pol/?

Nope. It just was on first page of google image search for bomber Harris and it was such a dreamy or macabre picture depending on things.

When it comes to bit more serious aspect of bombing of Dresden. It's one of few cases where strategic bombing had tactical effect. Optical and whatever industry in Dresden was totally irrelevant at that point in war, but bombing still achieved something. Dresden was still a railway hub and taking it out limited mobility German troops and refugees. It created traffic jam that limited German military capability. That alone makes bombing justified.
>>
File: 1445918803819.jpg (469 KB, 1530x1127) Image search: [Google]
1445918803819.jpg
469 KB, 1530x1127
I believe in approaching history with unbiased opinion, without having a knee-jerk reaction to the nazis. That being said, I find it hard the understand some of the stormfag reactions to the dresden bombing. Declaring one bombing "worse" than another simply makes no sense. Much in the same way people condemn the nuclear bombings while making no complaint of the Operation Meetinghouse raid which had a higher death toll.
>>
>>57873
The thing that sea Dresden apart from the others is that firebombs are actually a horrific way to die, especially if you're a civilians.

I understand it was total war, but it was still a very devastating weapon and understandably has made people unhappy after the fact.

What grinds my gears, though, is how people through a fit about Dresden but completely fail to acknowledge LeMay's firebombing of Japan and instead focus on the nukes like retards.
>>
>>57382
Liberals
>>
File: 1446335678273.jpg (8 KB, 250x248) Image search: [Google]
1446335678273.jpg
8 KB, 250x248
>>56654

DO IT AGAIN, BOMBER HARRIS
>>
File: nofucksgiven.jpg (53 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
nofucksgiven.jpg
53 KB, 604x604
>>56592
as a german, i'd put it this way:
'play stupid games, win stupid prices'
>>
>>57088
The Germans weren't nazis and you are racist to make jokes about killing them. More racist than someone who makes arguments that other races are inferior, because in your case you literally support people being killed.
>>
>>56627
>war sucks, people die
ok?
Fire bombing civilian cities just before the fighting ends has nothing to do with war
Strafing the relief columns has nothing to do with war

This was the Good Goyim implementing the mass white genocide policy of their jew masters
>>
File: 1444300882821.png (168 KB, 414x433) Image search: [Google]
1444300882821.png
168 KB, 414x433
>>59559
You won low in the IQ lottery.
>>
File: Bakunin_not_sure.png (36 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Bakunin_not_sure.png
36 KB, 600x600
>>59662
care to elaborate?
>>
>>56592
Still the best day of my life.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.