[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/his/ Celts vs Vikings?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: Brian boru Viking.jpg (43 KB, 394x557) Image search: [Google]
Brian boru Viking.jpg
43 KB, 394x557
Who were the better fighters?
>>
>>557263
probably the celts since they actually had a warrior culture
>>
Gaels of Ireland the Vikings were equals during land battles. Water wise a different story.
>>
Norse-Gaels who put on emphasis on their Celtic side.

t. Norse Gael
>>
File: 1452476316986.png (115 KB, 1305x893) Image search: [Google]
1452476316986.png
115 KB, 1305x893
obligatory
>>
>>557307
OP's image is anti-Viking you dip.
>>
Norse treated British Isles like a playground. Just because the Irish might defeat any number of Norse at some point while the Norse ruled and defeated the natives there doesn't make the Irish good.
Celts have been on cultural retreat since the Bronze Age, meanwhile Germanics blossomed since the fall of Rome.
>>
File: Vikings-in-British-Isles.jpg (183 KB, 800x1032) Image search: [Google]
Vikings-in-British-Isles.jpg
183 KB, 800x1032
Remember the time the Celts ruled over Scandinavia? No?

Oh yeah.
>>
>>557321
Battle of Clontarf 6 thousand and 600 Vikings, only 600 survived the battle. They never defeated the Irish at all. They set up a few cities like our capital Dublin and ruled them. But They never ruled the rest of the country in large areas, the Gaelic kings had complete control. They tolerated the Vikings.
>>
>>557329
Who would want it, you snownigger?

The only good Norseman is a Norse-Gael who unanimously agreed that their Gaelic heritage was much more prestigious than being a glorified rapist and squatter.
>>
If I have ancestory from the southern England, Sussex to be exact. what does that make me? Celt? Briton? Saxon?
>>
Neither. They're like children with sword sticks compared to us Middle easterners. We are real men, real warriors. Besides. Both Scandinavians and Celts are inferior, bad genetics, too pale.
>>
>>557344
Britons are Celtic.
Most of England is Germanic-Celtic.
>>
>>557344
Saxon with a shitload of Celtic and Norse lineage (most likely) but since you have Anglo culture, you're a Saxon really.
>>
>>557344
You could be anything; a mixture of Celts, Saxons, Romans, Norse, Pakistani.
>>
>>557342
>moving goalposts
The Norse projected force and made victories. Anything the Celts did was damage control.
>>
>>557337
So no Viking settlements were legitimate? Why didn't the Irish simply stomp them out?
>>
>>557375
Their cities were legit. But they did not control most of the inner country. They did, they reduced their power considerably after clontarf. But before that it was because the 200 plus Irish kings were all too busy killing each other to give two shits about the Vikings, the majority only united after Brian Boru united them and became the High King of Ireland, and kicked the shit into the Norsemen and their Irish lackeys.
>>
>>557386
I see. Isn't it kinda the norm that when you unite the germ-Irish peoples under one banner that the outlier is fucked?
Any Jarl in the area would've been just like any other minor king it seems.
>>
two overrated 'LE EPIC ANGRY FROTHING WHITE MEN xD' meme warriors
>>
>>558205
You don't see me shitting on your ancestral jew nomad warriors throwing around rocks from slings in the desert so why are you doing it to mine?
>>
>>558251
>tfw I have blonde hair blue eye genes, on my dads side, and kiwi/english/celtic/jewish on the other side.
>>
>>558257
>jewish
HAH! I KNEW IT!
>>
>>558263
A different anon m8, i'm a strayan who's interested in this. I'm majority eternal-anglo anyway.
>>
>>558251
White man with brown hair, pale skin, and irish ancestry here:
Our ancestors fucking sucked at warfare for various reasons. Get over it.
>>
>>558251
how am i shitting on them? By saying they're overrated? Sorry, are we supposed to hold up every european warrior as epic god men around here like they do on TV?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.