[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /his/ think about Wallenstein?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Albrecht_von_Wallenstein.jpg (57 KB, 480x600) Image search: [Google]
Albrecht_von_Wallenstein.jpg
57 KB, 480x600
What does /his/ think about Wallenstein?
>>
looks like he eats ass
>>
Immanual Wallerstein? World Systems Theory makes some sense but is a little bogus in its obvious opionnatedness. Still a decent systems-level explanation for phenomena like sweatshop labor.
>>
>>554406
No, Albrecht von Wallenstein. The Imperial general who fought on behalf of the Holy Roman Empire during the Thirty Years War.
>>
>>554406
>in its obvious opionnatedness
false middle fallacy.
>>
>>554409
I thought he was pretty dope.
Gustav was too much for him unfortunately.

Fuck the Emperor for killing him.
>>
>>554434
But Gustav Adolf ended up being killed though...
>>
he was goat
stopped the swedish menace
>>
>>554452
Don't be stupid, Wallenstein was killed on the orders of the Emperor. He wasn't getting the respect he deserved and considered siding with the Protestants after being fucked over one too many times.
>>
>>554452
>>554455
The Swedes were still doing okay even after Adolphus died, granted not winning like fucking crazy but still holding there own.
>>
>>554460
I wasn't implying that he wasn't killed out of conspiracy, but merely stating that Lutzen was a Pyrrhic victory for the Swedes.
>>
>>554393
Le Catholic Genocide Man
>>
V A L D Š T E J N
A
L
D
Š
T
E
J
N
>>
>>554483
North Germany says hi Sven.
>>
>>554393
Pretty much a bit of a hero to me.
The Thirty Years' War ruined all kinds of shit in my home region. There was a common saying in those days: "Bet, Kind, bet - bald kommt der Schwed'.". Essentially "Pray, child, pray - the swede is coming.".

So thanks Wally for giving them a good beating. I hear he was pretty alright to his Czech subjects, too.
>>
>>554568
You can probably blame the French, desu
>>
File: 280px-Richelieu_1943.jpg (14 KB, 280x172) Image search: [Google]
280px-Richelieu_1943.jpg
14 KB, 280x172
>>555200
In that stage of the 30yW? Not sure. I guess I could construe some blame by pointing out how they financed early Swedish expeditions, but really they only did what they thought was right for France. Can't argue too much with the Richelieu.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.