[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
was Gaddafi set up to look evil?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: Muammar-Gaddafi-013.jpg (378 KB, 1476x885) Image search: [Google]
Muammar-Gaddafi-013.jpg
378 KB, 1476x885
So I've done a little research and lots of sources say that Gaddafi was in fact a good leader, can you help confirm this anons?
>>
>>778107
>good leader
>bad leader
When will these memes die?
>>
He was until America decided he wasn't.
>>
>was Ghaddafi set up to look evil
He did a good job of that on his own, he didn't need other people to make him look bad.

>Ghaddafi was in fact a good leader
A good leader is relative.
Did he keep the peace in Libya and do better than the alternative (radical religious leader)?
Yes.
Did he do a particularly good job?
No.

It's like saying Saddam was a good leader. Relatively speaking compared to the alternative he was a good leader. But when compared to actual good leaders he kind of appears as a cartoonishly evil fellow.
>>
He pissed off the US.

PROTIP: Don't do that.
>>
File: 1428878481759.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1428878481759.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>778213
>let's shittalk the most powerful country on the planet and even make threats as well as demands of them
>this is a perfectly good idea and no bad will come of it
>holy fuck they're bombing me and I can literally do nothing to stop this
>>
>>778198
>It's like saying Saddam was a good leader
He was
>>
>>778107
>lots of sources say that Gaddafi was in fact a good leader

You source facts, anon. Not subjective opinions.
>>
>>778107

>in before some bullshit about the Libyan government paying your regular wages for your job even if you are unemployed and 575688 loaves of bread costing $0.30
>>
>>778228
Invading Kuwait was a pretty spectacular fuck-up.
>>
>>778236
ok, but it's objective that quality of life was better under him than it is now
>>
>>778254
Agreed. That's the kinda thing you should've put in your OP (assuming you are OP).
>>
>>778254
>there's a civil war
>quality of living declines

No shit.

The real question is what will emerge from the civil war.
>>
>>778107
>Evil
Under whose morality?
>>
>>778266
>what will emerge from the civil war.
More civil war.
>>
>>778266
Honestly, it doesn't look like anything's emerging from the civil war any time soon. In which case it's a valid comparison.
>>
>>778253
When you consider that the US told him they didn't want to get involved in the Middle East if he invaded Kuwait, it wasn't a terrible idea. Of course he broke the most important rule in diplomacy, never trust and Anglo
>>
File: Dulce et decorum est.jpg (203 KB, 1260x1744) Image search: [Google]
Dulce et decorum est.jpg
203 KB, 1260x1744
>>778380
What I gather is that America's policy had two key points:

1. Iraq is an ally and we'd preferably keep them on our side
2. Unless a full-on invasion of Kuwait is likely, in which case we need to put our foot down

Somewhere between devising this policy and delivering it to Iraq, point 1 was over-emphasised. I don't think anybody will ever really know if the diplomat fucked up, or was given bad information, or if Saddam simply misunderstood.
>>
>>778157
America can't keep getting away with it!
>>
>>778107
lockerbie
>>
>"Libya, look, we didn't mean all that shit about overthrowing you. We just want you to get rid of nukes because it'll make the world safer."
>"Well, USA, that's true, and since we're humanitarian focused we'll take your forgiveness to heart and lose the nuk--"
>Qaddafi is kill
>"Listen, Iran, North Korea... about those nukes"
>>
>>778566
North Korea is looking saner by the day. Evil, but sane.
>>
SO FAR and I mean so far NK has survived because they've limited and even cut off their ties with western powers. Then again you could say they survived because of China keeping an eye on them
>>
I am not able to get the best way to get the best way to get the best way to get the best way to get the best way to get the best way to get the best way to get the best way to get the best way to get 77, 77777ygji8uyuui99
>>
>>779771
NK renamed New China when?????????
>>
>>778198
>It's like saying Saddam was a good leader. Relatively speaking compared to the alternative he was a good leader. But when compared to actual good leaders he kind of appears as a cartoonishly evil fellow.

muh six trillion gassed kurds hurr
>>
>>779806
>brutal dictator
>killed his own people
>built a moon cannon
>executed soldiers if they fucked up
>tested chemical weapons on his own people
>>
File: 1370803687300.png (805 KB, 1230x1665) Image search: [Google]
1370803687300.png
805 KB, 1230x1665
>>
>>779827
But they were not his people or people at all. They were Kurds.
>>
>>779827
>his own people

>non-Assyrians

>his own people
>>
>>779855
thats probably Ahmed, he's known on /int/

it may also be Layla but she's usually busy breaking hearts
>>
>>779897
>it may also be Layla but she's usually busy breaking hearts

Who?
>>
>>779912
Trust me, you don't want to know. Someone from the big /int/ skype group.
>>
>>779916
invite pls
>>
>>779922
I'm on my work PC with no Skype but add tom.daly93 and I'll add you in when I get home.
>>
>>779827
The only thing you couldn't also say about the west is DIctator, which is used to describe EVERY leader we war with.
>>
>>778228
>It's like saying Saddam was a good leader
Aaah hindsight. How spectacularly refreshing you are.
>>
File: FPu84FFf.jpg (83 KB, 892x891) Image search: [Google]
FPu84FFf.jpg
83 KB, 892x891
>>778107
He tried to crate a african Dinar gold standard and Trade Libiyan oil in a currency that wasn't the US dollar.
He was literally Hitler, OP.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.