[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What options did a noble girl have if she didn't want to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: Friendly_Isabella.jpg (229 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Friendly_Isabella.jpg
229 KB, 1680x1050
What options did a noble girl have if she didn't want to marry the husband her father chose for her?
>>
Rape or a quick trip to heaven
>>
>>540188
>Implying the noble girl had a choice

kekek
>>
>>540188
Nunnery.

Also known as the local brothel for priests.
>>
>>540188
Specify time and place. Even in medieval Europe, which I assume you're referring to, the options for a young woman of the nobility varied based on location and time frame (the "middle ages," after all, were a really long period).
>>
>>540188
In the middle Ages?
Not much. If she ran off, she would be fucked either way. Reaching a convent of nuns wasy maybe an option, but the rather down to earth lifestyle of nuns was not much to the liking of young noble girls.

So yeah, the girl didn't have a choice. She could only count on having enough shit to do all day to distract her from the ugly troll that is her fucking husband.
>>
>>540510
>but the rather down to earth lifestyle of nuns was not much to the liking of young noble girls.

Nunneries were places of licence and debaunchery over much of europe for much of the middle ages.
>>
>>540516
Conjecture. Just because you read that somewhere, does not make it real.
>>
>>541185

It's true. Every study I have read says 86.3% of nunneries in the time period were basically brothels.
>>
File: 1442755692725.jpg (71 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1442755692725.jpg
71 KB, 1280x720
>>540188
kukoldry, but it is not as if they think about it. women kuk men spontaneously, by nature.
>>
File: JustaGrataHonoria.png (308 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
JustaGrataHonoria.png
308 KB, 400x400
well you could just fuck shit up for everyone like this dumb bitch did
>>
File: meet_the_medic_WL.png (383 KB, 673x885) Image search: [Google]
meet_the_medic_WL.png
383 KB, 673x885
>>541202
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/richard-iiis-dna-analysis-reveals-cuckoldry-family-180953514/?no-ist
>>
>>541185
>Conjecture. Just because you read that somewhere, does not make it real.

I await your monograph on historiography and its reception.
>>
>>540188
in this regard the course of Queen Isabella's life is practically a bolt of lightning from a clear day
>>
Eloping? Or am I being too romantic
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.