[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have to do an essay for "Cultural History of the United
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: class.jpg (92 KB, 330x510) Image search: [Google]
class.jpg
92 KB, 330x510
I have to do an essay for "Cultural History of the United States", about something relevant between 1920-2001.

Any suggestions? It can be anything as long as it's engaging I guess. I already did an essay for this class, about the electric feud between Thomas Edison and Westinghouse, scored pretty well, but now I can't find any topic that inspires me.

Would prefer it to be be "semi obscure", as writing about something really common might be easier to catch bullshit and score lower I guess.
>>
The 1920-1940th
Bootleggers, Jazz and economic depression
>>
>>536335
>Any suggestions?
Take social history courses instead.

Just do zoot suits. You know you want to.
>>
>>536350
That's all pretty broad, I also really like that period of time, but need to narrow it down to some specific event.

>>536356
this course is mandatory
>>
>>536425
>this course is mandatory
Ha ha ha, your lecturers are cunts.
>>
>>536433
? I mean, I don't know from which educative system you are speaking, but I'm in a European system with the whole Bologna Process shit, and I basically got 2 years in which the subjects are all mandatory, and then on the 3rd I can start cherrypicking stuff
>>
>>536439
I'm all for compulsory subjects, but cultural history of 20th century america as a compulsory subject, they're joking.
>>
File: classes.jpg (187 KB, 666x583) Image search: [Google]
classes.jpg
187 KB, 666x583
>>536464
if you are curious about all the topics

for me it was pretty interesting, learnt a bunch, even if sometimes the teacher got a bit overboard with conspiracies

my degree is "modern languages: english and french", which is basically learn the languages as 2nd and 3rd, study the literatures and some stuff about culture. I will have the same kind of subject focused in France next year
>>
>>536486
So basically it is a reductivist course in western imperialism.
>>
>>536497
I guess so.

Still got no idea what to write about
>>
>>536526
zoot suits
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.