[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was there any chance of the Gallic Empire and/or Palmyrene Empire
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: Map_of_Ancient_Rome_271_AD.png (225 KB, 1280x757) Image search: [Google]
Map_of_Ancient_Rome_271_AD.png
225 KB, 1280x757
Was there any chance of the Gallic Empire and/or Palmyrene Empire surviving? Also would their survival ensure the collapse of Rome or would it still be able to recover from the Crisis of the Third Century?
>>
>>530106
neither of them existed though.. Palmyran empire on your map was lands controlled by Ptolemaic Egypt and Seleucid. Gauls were never a united empire .. is this meant to be hypothetical?
>>
>>530272

What kind of fucking pleb knows what Ptolemaic Egypt is yet has never heard of the Crisis of the Third Century?
>>
File: f7d.jpg (47 KB, 600x546) Image search: [Google]
f7d.jpg
47 KB, 600x546
>>530282
A fucking BARBARIAN, that's who!
>>
File: 12.png (110 KB, 382x310) Image search: [Google]
12.png
110 KB, 382x310
>>530272
>>
>>530106
A better question would've been about the expansion of the Armenian Empire across the Mediterranean.
>>
File: Armenian_Empire_of_Tigranes.gif (56 KB, 673x669) Image search: [Google]
Armenian_Empire_of_Tigranes.gif
56 KB, 673x669
>>530293
Forgot image
>>
>>530106
Why is one of the Balearic islands colored differently?
>>
>>530106
it was more of a civil war than the emergence of a new power
>>
>>530335
So we can know who's the most autistic here.
>>
>>530395
SILENCE you insufferable FOOL,........
>>
>>530335
Same with the Kerkennah Islands
>>
>>530399
whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire.
>>
File: zenobia__queen_of_palmyra_.jpg (630 KB, 1294x2000) Image search: [Google]
zenobia__queen_of_palmyra_.jpg
630 KB, 1294x2000
>>530286
>>530285
>>530282
shit man... this is actually really interesting. I've heard of Zenobia but assumed she was just some random Arab Queen that resisted the Romans. Thanks for the posts OP and Anons..
>>
>>530639
I wonder how many times they raped her after she was caught.

Probably over a dozen is my guess.
>>
>>530106
>>530639
and to follow up.. why the hell hasen't a movie or Total war game made about this war?
>>
>>530649
>Total war game
not enough factions
>>
>>530648
I assumed she was just taken hostage but no idea really.
>>530656
well not a game maybe, but an expansion campaign- like the Augustus one in Rome 2
>>
>>530667
there are differing acocunts, some say she was taken hostage and died before she was paraded in the triumph others say she got mercy on account of her sweet sweet ass and pretty face, going on to marry a senator no one remembers.
>>
>>530673
To follow up on that apparently there is some claims she had kids with said senator
>>
>>530673
must have been some ass
>>
>>530699
yes I read the wikipedia article too anon, I know
>>
File: chronologie.jpg (34 KB, 341x519) Image search: [Google]
chronologie.jpg
34 KB, 341x519
The Gallic Empire was a collection of Roman provinces that broke away from the Empire in and around 260 AD and organized themselves as a separate empire under the Roman general Postumus. The Gallic Empire remained strong until Postumus' death in 268 or 269 AD and it kept only a precarious hold on independence from the true Roman Empire. It was brought back into the Empire by Aurelian in 274 with a victory at Campus Mauriacus. But this was a phyric victory, both the Gallic empire and the Roman empire took heavy loses at the battle and the defenses of the Rhine were abandoned, allowing successive waves of German barberians.

Colonia Agrippina, once the capital of the Gallic Empire, was looted. Most other Roman forts and colonies in Germania were burned to the ground; Germanic raiders then pillaged well into Gaul.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.