[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Orthodox Thread: Fall of Constantinople edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 33
File: big.jpg (39 KB, 400x573) Image search: [Google]
big.jpg
39 KB, 400x573
>A.D. 1453
>Turkish hounds are baying at the gates, no hope lies beyond the walls
>The great seal is broken
>Rome is indifferent to our cries
>Tooth and nail, our soldiers fight on the walls, their last communion wine still fresh on their lips
>Silence
>Footsteps leading up to the door of the Hagia Sophia

>The Adhan sounds

>mfw
>>
>>669360
GAME OVER
>>
>>669360
>Greek Romans
>spend centuries selling Coptic christians to muslims as slaves for shekels and to put off the invasion
>treat Latins as shit, start rolling around some proto-Chick tracts around criticizing their practices
>Dont want to engage Latin theology, consider it "mistaken" even though they havent read it
>imprision their fellow monks that have read it, and naturally, push for reunion after they realized they were on the wrong side of the schism
>reject Rome's attempts to establish reunion, knowing well their modern counterparts will cry that it wasnt "motivated by Christ" because some angry monk said so, and that it was a "forced reunion" even though they could (and did) leave at any minute
>somehow they turn out to be the good guys
hooray for orthodoxy...
>>
>deciding to be heroic at the very last minute

They could've tried being heroic when they still had the resources to win.
>>
File: 1446222294089.gif (2 MB, 325x235) Image search: [Google]
1446222294089.gif
2 MB, 325x235
Where were you when Arius was blown the fuck out?
>>
>>670615
Not fucking born yet.
>>
File: 1435469513514.jpg (135 KB, 407x750) Image search: [Google]
1435469513514.jpg
135 KB, 407x750
>>670627
>>
File: 1429732747343.jpg (66 KB, 632x589) Image search: [Google]
1429732747343.jpg
66 KB, 632x589
>>670615
Was in Alexandria blowing him the fuck out
>>
File: 1454824637313.jpg (19 KB, 256x400) Image search: [Google]
1454824637313.jpg
19 KB, 256x400
>TFW I want to be Orthodox
>TFW I'm too scared to tell the priest I want to convert

How ;_;
>>
>>670694
Piss off, weeb tripfag scum

How do I block special snowflakes?
>>
File: 1454361720388.png (451 KB, 800x964) Image search: [Google]
1454361720388.png
451 KB, 800x964
>>670697
>>
>>670702
Thanks f.am
>>
>>670694
Why is it so hard you? The reason I myself haven't done it yet is because it would be awkward as hell to go to a different church and follow a different Liturgical Calendar than my Roman Catholic family.
>>
>>670694
Go on one of the off days, like Saturday Vespers or a Weekday liturgy, and talk to the priest once the service is finished. That's really it.
>>
File: 1451871670282.png (28 KB, 1198x900) Image search: [Google]
1451871670282.png
28 KB, 1198x900
>>670694
I'm still pretty buttmad you went full autist and now Constantine won't post with her trip anymore. What the hell was wrong with you that day?
>>
>>670697
Settings
Filters
On
/^((?!Anonymous).)*$/
Type = name
Hide = true

should work but doesn't.
>>
>>670749
I'll do anything for love even if I am to become a fool
>>
>>670718
My mom's Catholic. I feel bad to break her heart if I leave. I also feel the priest would think I'm an idiot for telling him. I tried that once at a Greek Orthodox parish I used to go and it ended up embarrasing and awkward
>>
>>670723
The parish I attend does Liturgy and Matins twice a month. I'm afraid that they won't let me in or would make up some excuse to not let me convert
>>
>>670784
My mom (rest her soul) was Catholic, staunchly so, but I am currently a Coptic catechumen. I was in the same situation as you and my priest understood my situation very well and was very helpful. It'll be awkward to talk about it sure, but to admit your situation and the path to salvation will always seem awkward at first.

>>670798
>Won't let you in
Absolutely unlikely. I remember going into an ethnic Romanian Orthodox church and they were happy to have me there, even though they could probably tell I had no idea what was going on.

>>670798
>would make up some excuse to not let me convert
Doubtful. They won't hold your hand through the process like RCIA, but they're always willing to have more in the flock.
>>
>>670760
Just checked the help, no wildcards in name fields.
>>
>>670749
>her
oh well i've got news for you buddy
>>
>>670840
I recently found out there was a Coptic church in my town and i'm trying to work up the courage to attend service but i'm not sure what to expect when i get there any tips on what to expect?
>>
so wait is coptic in full communion or what? like there are no doctirnal differences?
>>
>>671152
Full communion is not yet achieved, but if you don't have an Eastern Orthodox Church in your area and you're Coptic, you can take communion there, and vice versa. The original doctrinal difference was over Christ's nature. Coptics thought Orthodox were Nestorian, Orthodox thought Coptics were monophysites, but both were wrong it turns out, so it's resolved. Coptics say Christ is one nature, human and divine, Orthodox say Christ is two natures without distinction, human and divine. Both agree it's just semantics and fully recognize each other as valid. The hold up to being fully incorporated as one Church is just jurisdictional fixing--and that is mostly done, for instance, the Coptic Pope administers the Alexandrian Orthodox when their Patriarch is away. All that's left is the "paperwork" so to speak. Both also recognize each other's baptism, and don't recognize anyone else's (for instance, if you are Catholic and get baptized, you don't get baptized again when you become Orthodox, but your baptism isn't considered valid until you convert, whereas Coptic and Orthodox both see each other's baptisms as fully valid without any quibbles).
>>
>>671169
*but if you only have an Eastern Orthodox Church in your area
This applies to all Oriental Orthodox, by the way
>>
>>671145
Well firstly they're Arabic. So you can expect one day to marry one, if you want to marry within the church. Tbh dude I'm jealous. I want a qt Arab gf.
>>
>>671175
aside from that though is there really a difference in the service from that of any other orthodox church? Do I need to know Arabic or can i get by without it?
>>
>>671169
well there's plenty more to choose from in my area. there is one which is "american" if i understand there website correctly? what do you think of those? thing is, based on the photos i saw on their website the russian orthodox one looks traditional as heck, which i love
>>
>>671173
filthy ecumenical pig
>>
>>671189
Pretty big difference. The Arabic, along with Coptic, mentioned by that one guy is one thing to look out for depending on your chuch, although the bishop of the Southern United States, my diocese, is mandating English on Sundays. That being said, most, if not all, of these churches usually have the words of the liturgy on display in English, Coptic, and Arabic to match what's going on, not to mention Liturgy books in the pews, so you won't be completely SOL if you don't decide to buddy up with someone there. Their liturgical music is also quite different from EO churches, but in a nice way. Also, the seating is split between men on the left and women on the right, and the women do have the veils.
>>
>>671224
well lucky for me i'm in the south then, if you don't mind me asking how did you come to the decision to convert to Coptic orthodoxy?
>>
so does anyone know: which liturgy would sound most similair to sephardic jewish prayer style. it's something i grew up with and would be cool to find a similar style of singing (is singing the right word?)
>>
>>671206
I've been attending an OCA church. The Orthodox Church in America was granted autocephalacy (a kind of independence) from the Russian church. Basically, as I understand it so far, OCA has services entirely in English, and in terms of direction focuses more on bringing Orthodox Christianity to Americans, whereas the other churches tend to be geared toward disapora communities from their home countries.
>>
Not really sure if this is the right thread:

A couple nights ago I had a pretty bad moment, won't go into details but it was a existential problem. Anyway during this time my mind wandered towards Christ and became warm, clear, and relaxed - even though I myself am not a believer, it felt like a reflex action of sorts - uncontrollable: With a voice speaking within me that I had always known Christ was there, which was for me confusing as like I have said, I am not a believer:

What was this? I feel confused now, part me thinks that it's just a desperate mind reaching out for some sort of higher security, but I don't know, I can still feel something deeper within me that gives me happiness when I think of it, Christ.

What is this about?
>>
>>671879
I'm not a priest or a psychologist or even a catechumen yet.

But, I've come to religion through an irrational path myself. I was walking one day, and all I really remember was the image of a great green mountain in my mind, and realizing how arrogant I, an atheist, had been to discount millennia of human spirituality. I just kind of knew there was a God then, although Christianity came later.

I would suggest pursuing it. Especially if it made you feel as good as you say.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>670840
I went to a Coptic liturgy once. It's kinda similar to the EO with the Iconostasis and its liturgical structure. Men and women were separated though and enter the altar to receive the Eucharist from different sides. The Greek Orthodox priest I talked to said it was better for me to convert in my own country where there's hardly any Orthodox presence. It could be that he just can't speak English since Greek is his first language. That made me embarrassed as fug ;_;
>>
Cowardly Byzantine shits had it coming.
>>
File: Constantine.jpg (116 KB, 319x400) Image search: [Google]
Constantine.jpg
116 KB, 319x400
>>669360
>Constantina

I had a childhood friend called Constancia, d-g I miss her. Always found name a bit extravagant for for our realities (in country where Janus as a name is a regular thing, still better than all those "Christian" names, by which I mean Semitic).

Before getting internet I had no idea masculine form of it exists and is in fact the default one.

Anyway before the whole tranny thing I wanted to suggest you (?) to change it to that form XD.

Don't judge us btw, we had our fair of share during Vienna. For what purpose, we got betrayed and annexed. Would have allied with Türks instead, they were only power to not recognise our partitions.

>Fun fact, After Vienna Habsburgs intentionally suggested the northern route to Buda for Sobieski, which put him in a strategically shitty position and if not for Austrian intervention he'd have lost the battle at Párkány.

>Then the eternal Austrian waited three years before continuing the offense to Buda despite Polish protests to take advantage of the chaos among Turks. Due to the relatively large Polish losses he lacked strength alone and so Sobieski had to withdraw back to Poland where he went to to fight Turks in Moldavia.

>This way Habsburgs ensured it won't be Poles spearheading the liberation of Hungary and Hungarian nobles won't have second thoughts about entering an union with Poland.

Fucking Habsbergers I swear

>>670683
... Why I see pic rel dubbed as "valeninuspng/.jpg" so often?
>>
>>670694
Honestly it seems more like you want a traditional gf, given how you seem to be changing your religion like you change your undies
>>
>>671995
I want a traditional gfriend but that can wait :(
>>
>>670749
Kek what did that tripfag do to make Constantine stop using his/her name and tripcode?
>>
>"Rome, fuck off"
Advice Eastern """"Roman"""" "Emperor"
>Pls help us Rome, I can feel turks in my colon
>>
File: Athan_Cyril.jpg (24 KB, 245x480) Image search: [Google]
Athan_Cyril.jpg
24 KB, 245x480
>>671233
What got me interesting in visiting was the history behind the Coptic church, especially in the development of Christian theology and being the birthplace of Christian monasticism. As for why I wanted to convert, I can't exactly give a coherent reason as to why I decided to convert other than a "calling" to do so. I wish there was a way I could intellectualize it.

>>671937
>it was better for me to convert in my own country where there's hardly any Orthodox presence
Did he mean convert to Orthodoxy in your country, or does he mean convert to a more "local" Christianity? Because I can see what he means if he meant converting to Orthodoxy in your country, mainly because the lesser presence, while leaving a bare bones situation for the church, can be an example of trudging through for the faith, for lack of a better way of putting it.

>>670683
Don't know why it's labeled that, because it's definitely Athanasius.
>>
File: Chi-6.jpg (128 KB, 584x858) Image search: [Google]
Chi-6.jpg
128 KB, 584x858
>>671224
>>673772
HOLY SHIT

Do you know someone who knows Coptic?
There is STILL at least one family using it natively in Egypt... If believing what one Misri Arab told me on /int/.

Yet I can't find anyone knowing it on internets. There is far less Assyrians than Copts and they know Aramaic, for some reason.

I desperately try to contact someone knowledgable of it for personal use.

Pic *kinda* unrelated, other divisional unit.

I'm also trying to find someone knowledgable of the Syriac theology/doctrine.

Do you guys got offende when you're called Monophysites and Nestorians? I mean, nearly everyone uses "Catholic" and "Orthodox" in self-designation so its hard to find any fitting terms, I use apostolic capitals myself.
>>
File: DSayn8v.jpg (141 KB, 660x495) Image search: [Google]
DSayn8v.jpg
141 KB, 660x495
here we see an Orthodox """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""christian"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" blessing a load of machine guns

how very christian of him :^D
>>
File: 1454174915915.jpg (253 KB, 1080x1283) Image search: [Google]
1454174915915.jpg
253 KB, 1080x1283
Memes
>>
How long does it usually take to convert?
>>
>>673834
>implying God isn't in favor of some wars
>>
>>674016
Generally a year, but it can be much longer if your priest deems it necessary.
>>
>>673810
The only people I know of that knows Coptic as a vernacular language is in this article http://www.copticassembly.org/showart.php?main_id=838
Anybody else that knows it only knows it liturgically.
>I'm also trying to find someone knowledgeable of the Syriac theology/doctrine
Do you mean Syriac Orthodox (West Syrian) or Church of the East (East Syrian)? Because you could probably ask a priest at one of the Malankara/Jacobite churches and get a good idea of the former, as for the latter you might get a little bit of knowledge from a Syro-Malabar Catholic priest, but it may not be 100%.
>Do you guys get offended when you're called Monophysites and Nestorians
Somewhat, because it implies a denial of the humanity AND divinity of Jesus, a denial of which never existed. But I know that nowadays it's mainly restricted to bants, as is calling anyone not us Nestorian, so it doesn't bother me much.
>>
just went to ayasofya hours ago. AMA
>>
File: 1447712220657.jpg (50 KB, 408x439) Image search: [Google]
1447712220657.jpg
50 KB, 408x439
why didn't the Pope help them? what about all the tuff knights in Europe? it was nearly the 1500s
>>
>>674074
Can you describe what'd the whole conversion process would be like?
>>
>>669360

>I raise my sword and run inside the Church, killing all the Christfags and I present the head of Constantine XI to my Emperor, Mehmed II Fatih
>>
File: o-KALE-CHIPS-BEAGLE-.jpg (138 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
o-KALE-CHIPS-BEAGLE-.jpg
138 KB, 2000x1000
>>674271
To busy fighting each other. Pope was a shit.

Two/three crusades in the 15th century were cancelled last minute.
>>
File: o-KALE-CHIPS-BEAGLE-570.jpg (44 KB, 570x760) Image search: [Google]
o-KALE-CHIPS-BEAGLE-570.jpg
44 KB, 570x760
>>674543
FYI that is in fact a beagle
>>
What Orthodox sect is the best
>>
>>675036
Any.

>>674546
it must be American judging by its size
>>
Dead thread
>>
>>670447

>proto-Chick tracts

tell me more. Were they illustrated?
>>
>>670784
Is it even that bad for a Catholic to leave for orthodoxy? The way I understood it orthodoxy isn't even really heresy, but maybe that just applies to converting to orthodoxy from other churches besides Catholicism. Not really sure what happens when you leave the roman church for am eastern church..
>>
>>677149
I'll become a Schismatic by leaving Roman Catholicism for Eastern or Oriental Orthodoxy.

The closest I can get to the East without betraying the Pope is by being an Eastern Catholic.
>>
>>672645
Started waifuing out like a horny dog.
>>
>>673772
>Did he mean convert to Orthodoxy in your country
Yes

To be fair, he was friendly and even took me out for lunch that day. It's quite impossible for us to talk to each other since he hardly speak English. I guess this might be why he asked me to do that. He also told me not to worry and to keep attending liturgy. I did for a while and switched to another Russian parish where the liturgy is in English.

It's still embarrassing for me though.
>>
File: PlbjLq6J_400x400.jpg (24 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
PlbjLq6J_400x400.jpg
24 KB, 400x400
>>669360
>A.D 1453
>Be Turkroach
>Autistic Greeks have fallen.
>Walk into Hagia Sophia during mass
>mfw
>>
>>671906

How does going from being a (Technical) lapsed Catholic to an Orthodox believer work? I was an atheist for a while, saying god is a myth, Jesus wasn't real, Christians are idiots, ect. Isn't that technically unforgivable blasphemy?
>>
>>669360
>orthodox heretics
>christian

Only thing you pagan animals deserve, is the nail and the crucifix. Not a T but an X.
>>
>>677605
I've been a naughty girl, I need to be punished
>>
>>669360
How can Qustantiniyye have fallen when it still stands? Your ideology a shit tbhl.

>Implying the adhan isn't better than every EO prayer anyway
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBNUdeWw-wE
>>
File: 1285450635450.jpg (12 KB, 469x309) Image search: [Google]
1285450635450.jpg
12 KB, 469x309
>>669360
>complaining about the will of God being enacted
>claiming to be "a true believer"
>>
File: 1282979675031.jpg (33 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1282979675031.jpg
33 KB, 640x480
>>674540
+
>>
http://www.academia.edu/185285/Why_Luther_is_not_Quite_Protestant_The_Logic_of_Faith_in_a_Sacramental_Promise

An interesting read and one that made me more sympathetic to Luther
>>
>>677337
The apostles could tell you stories about how embarrassing language barriers can be when it comes to praising God and spreading His word.
No matter how uncomfortable it can be, and I completely understand this, know that God is calling you and will guide you to him if you let yourself,
>>
>>674543
>>674271
Pope already tried to help, read about the First Crusade. Christian men died by the thousands under the searing sun of the Levant, conquering land from the Muslims, while the Greeks followed in their wake trying to occupy the cities and castles that the Crusaders liberated.
>>
>>678813
Thank you my dear brother in Christ for your advice.

For now I'll try to talk more to the priests before telling them my interest in being Christmated into the Church.

I await in faith for the day, I'll truly be able to taste the body and blood of Christ in the chalice rather than the bread and wine offered as a sort of 'second communion'.
>>
>>671145

There are a lot of Coptic churches who stream services. Also there's a pretty comprehensive explanation of the entire liturgy on youtube.

Jersey: Part English, part Arabic.
D.C.: 100% English
NOVA: Half 'n half.

I knew some Arabic before I ran into Copts and it was kind of cool to understand at least a smattering. I like the copts because of Father Lazarus el Anthony. I'm sure you know about him, but in the unlikely event you don't, look him up on youtube as well. He's a former atheist and university philosophy professor who has lived alone in a cave for decades. He is certainly my reason for getting as deep into this as I have.

Desert Fathers. Doesn't get much more "traditional" than that.
>>
>>678970
>Alexius asked for few professional bands of soldiers to fight off Turks in Anatolia
>Send masses and a giant army to conquer Holy Land and establish your authority

Fuck off with you Catholic dinduism, Urban knew perfectly well that Alexius did not wanted a mob of zealots followed by an army. The only person he helped was himself (by trying to establish his authority in the east)
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 600x564) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 600x564
>>678194
>TFW post this on kikebook, no response
>>
>>682740
Loads of my friends are Christfags m8.

Guess I might as well upload a video of myself molesting shotas
>>
>>682929
That still doesn't mean that long articles like that are for them.
Facebook people like articles that are facebook-length.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>683206
I think it's because most of them are Evangelicals and that article is about something they hate :D
>>
We are children of God.

"Our Father, who art in heaven. . . ."

So that would make us at least partially divine. Maybe just demigods.

By drawing closer to God we are made more divine. Partakers of the divine nature.

God created the universe.

So I at least have the potential to create a universe.

Is this correct doctrine?
>>
>>686110
No. Sorry if you really want to be God one day
>>
What would you guys say to an Orthodox Balkanite who's considering converting to Catholicism?
>>
>>686161

But that's what it says.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divinization_%28Christian%29

> the Word has been made man, it is so that men may be made gods' (Adv. Haer V, Pref.)

So only some Gods can create universes?

In the wiki CS Lewis wasn't even Orthodox and also believed:

>It is a serious thing to live in a society of possible gods and goddesses, to remember that the dullest and most uninteresting person you talk to may one day be a creature which, if you saw it now, you would be strongly tempted to worship.[35]

So does this "worship" only mean that I can move through space and time, but can't create universes? I don't see why not.
>>
Why are Christians still allowed to live?
>>
>>674540
attacuck
>>
>Nothing will ever equal the horror of this harrowing and terrible spectacle. People frightened by the shouting ran out of their houses and were cut down by the sword before they knew what was happening. And some were massacred in their houses where they tried to hide, and some in churches where they sought refuge.

>The enraged Turkish soldiers . . . gave no quarter. When they had massacred and there was no longer any resistance, they were intent on pillage and roamed through the town stealing, disrobing, pillaging, killing, raping, taking captive men, women, children, old men, young men, monks, priests, people of all sorts and conditions . . . There were virgins who awoke from troubled sleep to find those brigands standing over them with bloody hands and faces full of abject fury. This medley of all nations, these frantic brutes stormed into their houses, dragged them, tore them, forced them, dishonored them, raped them at the cross-roads and made them submit to the most terrible outrages. It is even said that at the mere sight of them many girls were so stupefied that they almost gave up the ghost.
>>
>>686462

>Old men of venerable appearance were dragged by their white hair and piteously beaten. Priests were led into captivity in batches, as well as reverend virgins, hermits and recluses who were dedicated to God alone and lived only for Him to whom they sacrificed themselves, who were dragged from their cells and others from the churches in which they had sought refuge, in spite of their weeping and sobs and their emaciated cheeks, to be made objects of scorn before being struck down. Tender children were brutally snatched from their mothers' breasts and girls were pitilessly given up to strange and horrible unions, and a thousand other terrible things happened. . .
>>
>>686462
>>686466

>Temples were desecrated, ransacked and pillaged . . . sacred objects were scornfully flung aside, the holy icons and the holy vessels were desecrated. Ornaments were burned, broken in pieces or simply thrown into the streets. Saints' shrines were brutally violated in order to get out the remains which were then thrown to the wind. Chalices and cups for the celebration of the Mass were set aside for their orgies or broken or melted down or sold. Priests' garments embroidered with gold and set with pearls and gems were sold to the highest bidder and thrown into the fire to extract the gold. Immense numbers of sacred and profane books were flung on the fire or tom up and trampled under foot. The majority, however, were sold at derisory prices, for a few pence. Saints' altars, tom from their foundations, were overturned. All the most holy hiding places were violated and broken in order to get out the holy treasures which they contained . . .

>When Mehmed (II) saw the ravages, the destruction and the deserted houses and all that had perished and become ruins, then a great sadness took possession of him and he repented the pillage and all the destruction. Tears came to his eyes and sobbing he expressed his sadness. 'What a town this was! And we have allowed it to be destroyed'! His soul was full of sorrow. And in truth it was natural, so much did the horror of the situation exceed all limits."
>>
>>686462
>>686466
>t. I'm making this shit up to impress NEETs on 4chan in a desperate attempt to cite historical reality that I have no idea or can have no idea about
>>
>>686462
>>686466
>>686470
Source?
>>
>>686490

I've read it elsewhere before. Here is where I got it from today..

http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com/constantinople.htm

...from a quick Google search. I would have to do some more digging to find out who the observer and what the actual primary source is as this site is not that illuminating and I'm not an expert who knows off the top of their head, but I've seen it pretty commonly quoted.

>>686473

I'm not going to spend ages making up and typing out all that shit in an attempt to impress people on an anonymous Japanese porn board.
>>
>>686351
stop posting perverted pictures. That's not very Christ like at all.
>>
File: 1455064716681.jpg (48 KB, 637x473) Image search: [Google]
1455064716681.jpg
48 KB, 637x473
>>687982
Fine, I still gonna post my cute Yerin collection if you don't mind.

I'm now reading Andrew Louth's: The Origins of the Christian Mystical Tradition: From Plato to Denys

What book are you reading now my fellow qts?

I also got to know you a little better over at /int/ my cute Constantine.

I didn't know that you are that sort of person :p
>>
>>688014
I'm not Constantine desu.

I think it's really hypocritical to be posting images like that in Christian thread.

If you look at that stuff in your free time, that's fine, but don't drag everyone else down with you.
>>
>>688052
Fine, I'll stop with it here.

It's just that Constantine's the only sort of person who would do this sort of thing.
>>
>>688064
Constantine is the only sort of person who would do this sort of thing?
You mean complain about posting those pictures?
>>
>>688085
Yes. Because she is very pious.
>>
File: 7mhwpLT.png (903 KB, 610x517) Image search: [Google]
7mhwpLT.png
903 KB, 610x517
>>
File: 1454815975656.png (196 KB, 4487x4201) Image search: [Google]
1454815975656.png
196 KB, 4487x4201
>>669360
>fail against the rising ottomans
>make excuses and bitch about it for the next 600 years
why are greeks so pathetic?
>>
>>669360
>"Rome"
>"Roman emperors"
Constantinople was a historical abomination at that point. Nevertheless the true European city, as European as anything can be.
Turks will pay for that stain on mankind's history.
>>
Constantine is a 26 yer o Taiwanese.

She is almost 27 this year and love traps
>>
>be in Istanbul
>smells of kebab, trash and sweat of dark skinned men with the moustache
>apart from one monument of Justinian's procession left in that place as if out of some pity, nothing gives away it was ever European city 500 years ago
>as I travel further into the city's neighbourhoods, neither arhictecutre nor the people or their lifestyles feel European, but like everything is a product of civilization focused more to the east
>I see remains of the city walls and one aqueduct and that feels as closest to Italy, Spain or Croatia as I've ever been in this city, but the rest of the environment ruins it
>the only actual 'European' things Istanbul and Europe have alike are some Bosnian and Serbian cities and food they exported to those countires, Bulgaria, Croatia and Austria
>>
>>688014
Aaa I was Sailor Moon poster before it was cool.

I wish there were more titles with such mythological deep.

PS. Musicals even had Abrahamic/Levantine mythology.

>>674098
Thanks! That's more than I was aware of.

>Do you mean Syriac Orthodox (West Syrian) or Church of the East (East Syrian)? Because you could probably ask a priest at one of the Malankara/Jacobite churches and get a good idea of the former, as for the latter you might get a little bit of knowledge from a Syro-Malabar Catholic priest, but it may not be 100%.
The latter actually, as they're a thing on their own (thus with independent theology), the former are in union with Copts so I call them as such.
I always wondered what Bible do they use (Catholics, Orthodoxes and Copts/Monophysites all use the other), what are their main 7 angels, etc.

The term things is very complicated, I remember reading Syria originally refered to Christian groups of that land, why they didn't call it Sham? But European would probably still call it Syria, like when they call Misr "Egypt" (completely unrelated to the ancient land with such name, as country of Copts).
I heard Syria got its name from Assyrians anyway, due to Seleucus. Originally it was Aramea.

>Somewhat, because it implies a denial of the humanity AND divinity of Jesus, a denial of which never existed. But I know that nowadays it's mainly restricted to bants, as is calling anyone not us Nestorian, so it doesn't bother me much.
Hmm as far as I know both of you grown outg of those "heresies"? Hence you're seen as schismatics by main two denoms.
I await unification of all 4 branches, I even tried to donate something to Restore Niniveh and Dwekh Nawsha, yeah I know you two used to be antagonistic :P.
>>
File: Bee.jpg (39 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Bee.jpg
39 KB, 640x640
>>692018
I want more Orthodox animu desu.

For starters, Goarch can make that bee in their "Be the Bee" a magical animu girl.
>>
File: ARCHANIOŁ URIEL AB 2012.jpg (311 KB, 688x795) Image search: [Google]
ARCHANIOŁ URIEL AB 2012.jpg
311 KB, 688x795
>>692018
On the latter I can further elaborate

7 Catholic Angels of Presence:
Michael
Gabriel
Raphael
Uriel (sometimes included)
And during Gregorian times:
Simiel (Semibel)
Orifiel (Oriphiel)
Zerachiel (Zachariel)

7 Orthodox Angels of Presence:
Michael
Gabriel
Raphael
Uriel
Jehudiel
Barachiel
Sealtiel (our Orthodoxes call him Selafiel, but it's easy to confuse with other angel with name derived from Seraphim...)
You also variously see mentioned Jeremiel/Eremie/Jerahmeel, who is same thing as Coptic Remiel (not confuse with Ramiel)

7 Coptic/Monophysite (not sure here, may differ between church)
Michael
Gabriel
Raphael
Suriel (Saraqael?)
Zadkiel (Zadakiel)
Sarathiel (May be same as Suriel/Saraqael)
Haniel (Aniel, Ananiel)
Those 7 according to Wiki, note I haven't read anything in Coptic about that, I also see variously included Uriel, Raguel, Remiel due to them being mentioned in cannonic Book of Enoch (heh I wonder what about Raziel), that on Coptic sites of course. Like Uriel, I heard he is patron of nature, here that thing was attributed to Orifiel or Ariel in Hispanic tradition.

But I never came into information about any of such used by Syriacs/Nestorians, was unable to find it at all. I even asked one Assyrian of Church of the Holy Apostolic Catholic Assyrian Church of the East (note - nothing to do with "Catholics", as I said everyone claims both this and Orthodox names) on /int/ about this and their Bible, but he had no idea.

Pic rel >>673810 says "Kidus Raguel Lika Melaekt" or Holy Raguel, the Archangel in Amharic.
I originally got it from one site of Coptic Ethiopian Church, Three-Headed bird supposedly stands for the Holy Trinity.
>>
>>692059
Aaa have you watched Pierwyi Otryad, the infamous Russian animu?

It had badass Orthodox Monk, who also was martial artist.

Why are Christian Monks so underrated...
>>
File: 1455038264579.jpg (37 KB, 628x475) Image search: [Google]
1455038264579.jpg
37 KB, 628x475
>>692115
Heard of it. I never watch it though.

I pray that one day we will have a talented Orthodox mango artist to make Orthodox mango and turn that Goarch bee into one of those Sailor Moon
>>
>>682740
>>687982
>>688014
Lol viewed that out of curiosity, nothing as bad as I have expected.
Even have in my ideological folder, interpreted this as Russians regaining Finland :^).

>>692018
Those 5 came from Another Story with Babylonian mythology, served as reverse versions of Inners.
Games (this and PC-Engine VN one) are really good complementary material for original anime which I was huge fan of, but which (on purpose?) omnitted a lot of original story from manga, mainly backstory.

And this one from musicals, albeit called Sailor Astarte she was more like Vulcan (proposed planet), her attack was called Solomon Jihad (lol), also had something to do with "Samael Sword" and Adam/Eve and Cainite vampires.
I haven't looked nor watched it thorough, but I like use of that Hebrew mythology. It's rare.

SM is called Dragonball for girls in Latin America (supposedly), but it's really deep if you're knowledgable of mythology.
>>
>>692175
You haven't missed much, it was rather disliked. I still enjoyed it.

Mainly those inserts with historians on purely fantastical story.

Won't lie I watched it mostly because of my huge russophilia.

Still was kinda dissapointed, a lot of material was cut. Originally it was supposed to be not only OVA, but also regular series with few episodes. Story only focused on Nadya, without the rest of the team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUAl8zbOMCU

Well from trailer I have really expected more at least.
>>
>>692269
That Ruskie rap seems quite out of place in that vid. I expect more sombre tune to accompany it.

One day, I hope we can truly get an Orthodox animu or at the very least, an Orthodox LN or mango.

>>692238
It is actually two Finnish girls together in embrace.

Also, I had learned more about the former tripfag Constantine. Now I know the truth. I know her darkest secrets.
>>
>>677623
My word, what a disgusting language
Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.