[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any good book to learn the history of american slavery?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
Any good book to learn the history of american slavery?
>>
>>500505
Twelve years a slave
>>
>>500505
MY MOMMA WAS BORN IN THE ERA WHEN
>>
>>500505
I can't think of any books about slavery without an agenda. Just read all of them.
>>
>>500855
What do you mean agenda, it was a disgusting institution.
>>
>>501469
>implying slaves around the world in the 19th century weren't the best of in history
>>
>>501504
*best off
>>
>>501505
the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>501469

Doesn't mean that several books have an agenda.
>>
>>501504
Thats like saying the shit i took this morning was the best shit in history. Its still shit.
>>
>>501504
Slavery is not only economically un sound but morally repugnant. Race issues aside it cuts out all pontentail for bottom end growth and strangels long term profits it's a terribly short sited system that dammages a nations ability to fiscally grow as well as you have a portion of the population going untaxed . And slaves put no money back into the economy functioning as a long term net loss.
>>
>>503268
this was totally irrelevant.
>>
>>500505
if your teachers haven't brainwashed you about ebul yt these books won't help.
>>
>>503268
>Slavery is not only economically un sound but morally repugnant.

You're a faggot. Slavery would still be prosperous and ubiquitous today if the engine wasn't invented. We didn't become better people and get rid of the inequities of slavery; slavery became obsoleted by technology. We then decided to make a moral framework that gave us the moral high ground vis-a-vis our ancestors. Isn't it hilarious that slavery became morally repugnant right around the time when it became unprofitable?

Also, slavery was ubiquitous. Africans enslaved Africans and white people, too. There was no group that wasn't involved in the same activities that academia faults our ancestors for. It's all part of the "liberal" self-hate agenda aimed at discombobulating the white masses. You don't see Jews and Arabs hating themselves over their centuries of enslaving white people. You don't see Jews crying about the injustice of cutting white kid's balls off and turning them into eunuchs, do you? No, they only care about white vis-a-vis black slavery, and even that is misleading, because as Nation of Islam proved (using Judaic sources, so don't believe that debunked bullshit) in "The Secret Relationship Between Blacks and Jews" Jews were paramount in the Trans-Atlantic slave trade. Even black people don't buy the "liberal" version of events.
>>
>>500825
CLEAN WATER WAS ONLY SERVED TO THE FAIREST SKIN
>>
>>503865
There is always one guy who gets triggered by this, holy shit.
>>
>>503883
DOING CLOTHES YOU WOULD HAVE THOUGHT I HAD HELP
>>
Slavery is the prequel to Wages and Debt
>>
>>505217
BUT THEY WASN'T SATISFIED UNLESS I PICKED THE COTTON MYSELF
>>
>>500505
Books written by slaves are probably the best, but they were never taught how to read so none exist
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.