[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Ataturk universally popular in Turkey, or only in the Western
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 180
Thread images: 25
File: ataturk.jpg (46 KB, 779x1100) Image search: [Google]
ataturk.jpg
46 KB, 779x1100
Is Ataturk universally popular in Turkey, or only in the Western part + the cities?

Or is he seen as a pro-western degenerate (to use strong words) by Erdogan and conservatives, but such people are very careful about what they say publicly?
>>
File: Ataturk.jpg (63 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
Ataturk.jpg
63 KB, 850x400
As a Turk i say, he's pretty popular. Only çomars (AKP voter anatolians) and kurds dislike him
>>
>>498166
>Only çomars (AKP voter anatolians)

which are the majority, so no he is not that popular. Also what kind of a Turk are you? A real one, or a muhacir?
>>
>>498189
>which are the majority
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Turks_and_Black_Turks
they're only 48%
>Also what kind of a Turk are you? A real one, or a muhacir?
what
>>
>>498201
>only 48%
>>
>>498166

Is there a danger the likes of Erdogan could undermine Turkey's secular nature?

I'm just trying to understand the background to Turkey. I'll be in Istanbul in a month or so.

Some sources suggest Turkey is becoming if anything more religious, which goes against the grain for even the Middle East. Maybe this is due to a lower fertility rate in western Turkey, conservatives are having more children.

Anyway it's just interesting, seemingly the nation's leader of decades ago is more liberal than the leader today.
>>
>>498201

OP, thanks for the link
>>
>>498210
>Anyway it's just interesting, seemingly the nation's leader of decades ago is more liberal than the leader today.

He is not considered a true Turk, also the current party is oriented towards neo-ottomanism.
>>
>>498221

You mean Ataturk is viewed as some kind of Balkanoid? Or you mean Erdogan?
>>
>>498221
>He is not considered a true Turk
Are you a çomar?
>>
>>498234
>You mean Ataturk is viewed as some kind of Balkanoid? Or you mean Erdogan?

Mustafa Kemal, he is not from Turkey but from Greece, and his ethnicity is under much dispute since he also doesn't actually look a lot like ethnic Anatolian Turks, which means he is probably of janissary heritage.
>>
File: 1449587966976.png (331 KB, 1024x687) Image search: [Google]
1449587966976.png
331 KB, 1024x687
>>498283
There are blonde yörüks in anatolia
>>
>>498283
As opposed to Erdogan who is Georgian?
>>
>>498343
>Erdogan Georgian
>shitposting

Erdogan is Turkish
>Erdoğan allegedly said in 2003, "I'm a Georgian, my family is a Georgian family which migrated from Batumi to Rize."[31][32] However, in a 2014 televised interview on the NTV news network, he said, "You wouldn't believe the things they have said about me. They have said I am Georgian...even with much uglier things, they have called me Armenian, but I am Turkish.[33][34]
>>
>>498343
he's saying
>he does not look like sandnigger like 70% of Turkey, therefore he can't be a turk
>>
>>498367
Erdogan is a two-faced politician. We know that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3GuQEHdCwo
>>
>>498283
>which means he is probably of janissary heritage
Jannisaries were not allowed to marry.
>he is not from Turkey but from Greece
so?
>>
>>498367
>triggered

Erdogan doesn't look like a central asian. Of course he's got Georgian genes somewhere. Doesn't mean he isn't a Turk.
>>
>>498402
>annisaries were not allowed to marry.
Sultan Selim II gave Janissaries permission to marry in 1566

get the fuck out, you know shit about our history and still are eager to shitpost
>>
>>498475
Source
Also sandnigger please, you are literally calling Ataturk "son of a janissary". Jannissaries were removed in 1820s and Ataturk's father was a turk. Thus cant be a janissary
>>
>>498207
Actually their base vote is about %30, they got %39 in elections in june but many nationalist party voters who likes Atatürk voted for AKP in 1 november elections because of tensions in the east.
>>
File: giphy (3).gif (441 KB, 490x360) Image search: [Google]
giphy (3).gif
441 KB, 490x360
>>498585
>ITT T*rks calling other T*rks sandniggers

this'll be interesting
>>
>>498678
i only call muslims sandnigger. so i'm right.
>>
>>498678
also, are you from balkans? you sound quite butthurt
>>
Are the Turks who migrate to Germany more liberal or more conservative than the average Turk?
>>
>>498768
no they're mostly AKP voters
aka just your average mudslime
>>
>>498726
>also, are you from balkans? you sound quite butthurt

no, why should I be?

>>498711
>i only call muslims sandnigger. so i'm right.

you are all sandnigerrs, regardless of muslim or not.
>>
>>498796
>no, why should I be?
i think you can't read.
>you are all sandnigerrs, regardless of muslim or not.
kek. i think you're an anglo or just european. what if i'm an asian or a white guy m8?
>>
File: sSqVi.gif (858 KB, 240x228) Image search: [Google]
sSqVi.gif
858 KB, 240x228
>>498811
>what if i'm an asian or a white guy m8?
T*rks ain't white
>>
>>498768
They're bottom feeders and most pleb of Turks.
>>
>>498678
Kemal literally invented a self-hated country.

He tried to erase the history, identity, language and civilization. Now, left a bunch of retards calling each other "sandnigger".

It is strange, but not surprising.
>>
>>498816
Ok sure
keep being butthurt
>>498825
cry more çomar
>>
>>498830
I'm not even Turkish.
>>
>>498825
>He tried to erase the history, identity, civilization
are you retarded or just baiting?
turks thought their history started with ottoman empire. they didn't even know about seljuks or their central asian past.

>civilization
no comment.
>language
Reformed it. Got rid of useless arabic and persian words.
>identity
reformed it.
>>
>>498845
you're probably a retard then.
>>
>>498130
He is seen as the national hero by most people even conservatists only a small minority really hates him for downplaying islam in turkish society.
>>
What does 'çomar' means?
>>
>>498851
Nice ad hominem. Anyway, I did not expect any argument from a brainless progressist.
>>
>>498862
"black" turks who vote for AKP
>>
>>498853
Why did Ankara became the capital of Turkey?
Was it a important city before the foundation of the Turkish republic?
>>
>>498865
you're a muslim or/and a muslim sympathiser. do you think your opinions matter?
>>
>>498875
Not really it was just central and thus harder to reach during invasions also western Turkey was still occupied when the republic was forming by ataturk and his mates.
>>
File: imt79f.gif (2 MB, 282x285) Image search: [Google]
imt79f.gif
2 MB, 282x285
>>498830
Atatürk and his shit made you believe Turks are considered white (ergo European), now when you realise that no European considers us their cultural kin, or even on ethnic one, you play the butthurt bitch and start insulting other ethnic Turks being 'sandniggers' like some idiotic German.

You are pathetic, thank God AKP is elected, actual Turks have the power in their own country now and not halfbreed euroboo mongrels like you.
>>
>>498889
>Atatürk and his shit made you believe Turks are considered white (ergo European)
you're talking out of your ass.
being westernized does not mean thinking yourself as a european or white. and no one fucking calls himself "ethnically european" in here. in fact most kemalists and turk still think they're descendants of seljuks.
>you play the butthurt bitch and start insulting other ethnic Turks being 'sandniggers' like some idiotic German.
like i said. i only call muslims "sandniggers". and they're sandniggers regardless of their ethnicity.
Now you can go fuck yourself with a cactus
>>
>>498889
Dude Ataturk finished the modernization the ottoman sultans started a century ago and nobody gives a fuck in turkey about whiteness everyone who speaks turkish and sees himself as a turk is a turk and most people also like central asians.
>>
>>498920
he's an asshurt m*slim
don't respond
>>
>>498908
>being westernized does not mean thinking yourself as a european

actually it means just that. why should we be 'westernized' we aren't europeans, it is their thing not ours, why are we reforming our identity to match their european one? we ain't europeans.

>like i said. i only call muslims "sandniggers".
Islam is more tied to turkey than to any other nation with exception of Saudi Arabia. If you are a Turk, which I am absolutely sure you aren't, you are calling at least 90% of your kin 'sandniggers', because you were brainwashed by dipshit euroboo propaganda Atatürk shilled to us.
>>
>>498923
That guy spouts bullshit though I'm a muslim and I love ataturk as much as the next turk
>>
File: hall20130604074705977.jpg (31 KB, 650x365) Image search: [Google]
hall20130604074705977.jpg
31 KB, 650x365
>/ITT Turkish civil war - the beginning

also are kemalist protesters seen in Turkey as a usurpers that just want chaos on the streets and shit?
>>
>>498939
>That guy spouts bullshit though I'm a muslim
then you're also a sandnigger.
>>
File: Ataturk.jpg (88 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
Ataturk.jpg
88 KB, 850x400
>>498933
>actually it means just that
no it does not, sandnigger.
>why should we be 'westernized'
west is more civilized/reformed than east which our culture belongs in. Even Japan accepted that a long time ago.

>why are we reforming our identity to match their european one?
no comment. you're just shitposting

>Islam is more tied to turkey than to any other nation
In your inner anatolian shithole, that is true
>If you are a Turk, which I am absolutely sure you aren't
i am ethnically probably more turk than you.
>you are calling at least 90% of your kin 'sandniggers'
yes. and i'm right.

Hadi toruchana siktir ol git şimdi
>>
>>498846
Are you having trouble understanding, or simply unaware of the history of your country?

Lost the reforms of Mustafa Kemal? Language, writing, religion, institutions. From the heart of Islam, the nascent Republic of Turkey turned the foot doormat in Europe. The radical secularism was implemented. The Millets were extinct. The Caliphate is undone and the Patriarchate of Constantinople is dragged to insignificance.

It was not just that. Mass nationalization of the economy under the Bolsheviks sound applause. Political and economic planning. Kemal imploded a country, and created something new - but decrepit, weak and insignificant, without global relevance, and without self-respect.

Based on alien philosophies, especially positivism (which in my good country, also had nefarious effects), he reinvented the past and ruined the future of a nation.

>>498881
I just know history, my dear. Unlike you, blinded by your political fanaticism.
>>
>>498950
Only gezi protests. That caused a massive çomar butthurt. Erdogan is still butthurt about gezi
>>
>>498958
Well no need to be an millitant faggot here friend most turks are muslim and proud of ataturk.

>>498961
Dude it was clear the caliphate wasn't going to work the christians rebelled just like the arabs and everything went to shit and would be worse if it wasn't for ataturk.
>>
>>498130
I think it's clear we can't have Turkish threads.
>>
File: reforms of ataturk.png (89 KB, 1078x746) Image search: [Google]
reforms of ataturk.png
89 KB, 1078x746
>>498961
>hrr bark bark bark
Cry more çomçom
>The radical secularism was implemented
Which is a good thing. You can live in your desert if you want.
>The Millets were extinct
Because of Napoleon's bullshit. Learn 2 history
>The Caliphate is undone
Which is a good thing
>e Patriarchate of Constantinople is dragged to insignificance.
Which is a good thing
here are the reforms of Ataturk
i see no bad reforms. he really wanted to save this country. i don't even see a bad thing in this pic.

>Mass nationalization of the economy under the Bolsheviks sound applause
Blame 1929 for that. It was a must.
>Kemal imploded a country, and created something new - but decrepit, weak and insignificant, without global relevance, and without self-respect
Turkey didn't have any prestige. We were called "sick man of europe". Russians almost invaded Istanbul. If it weren't for Brits Ottomans would be doomed.

>he reinvented the past and ruined the future of a nation
Like i said. Our history does not start with Ottomans.
>>
>>498959
>i am ethnically probably more turk than you.
ferishtahini sikeyim

piece of shit, non-turks like you are what is tearing our nation apart.
>>
>>499002
Cry more. Assimilated Armenian-Greek muslim rapebaby.
>>
>>498978
>Well no need to be an millitant faggot here friend most turks are muslim and proud of ataturk.
I am not your friend sandnigger, and if you were proud of Atatürk you wouldn't be a degenerate muslim as well.
>>
>>499002
>>499009
Both you niggers are what is wrong with this country guys the middle way is the best.
>>
>>499015
>Both you niggers are what is wrong with this country guys the middle way is the best.

muslim is the cancer, you cannot communicate with those mudslimes on a human level.
>>
>>499015
islam is cancer
>>
File: 2531033479_c7a40b0d63_z.jpg (106 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
2531033479_c7a40b0d63_z.jpg
106 KB, 640x426
>>498950
there is an euro-turk and an anatolian-turk, fighting over who is more right.
>>
>>499071
how is life in balkans?
>>
>>499083
I do not know, but Bern is fine, we just got snow?

Are you our turk, or the other muslim turk?
>>
Was Kemal of Albanian origin?
>>
>>499095
doesnt look inbred
>>
>>499094
>but Bern is fine
oh so you're a immigrant in switzerland
>>
>>499103
What then? Greek? Bulgarian?
>>
>>499111
no, hehe, not everyone is an immigrant you silly turk. some people live in their own nation. I know, a strange notion for a turkish where most of you live outside of your own country.
>>
>>499125
a swiss would not care about Turkey. Would not talk about Turkey. I know Europeans m8.
>>
File: 005YI010916.jpg (147 KB, 740x494) Image search: [Google]
005YI010916.jpg
147 KB, 740x494
>>499041
>>499037

puşt
>>
>>499139
>I know Europeans m8.

this fag again, you know shit man. you are too much of an euroboo to even comprehend that they all consider us subhuman, regardless which country they are.
>>
File: çomar.jpg (23 KB, 402x400) Image search: [Google]
çomar.jpg
23 KB, 402x400
>>499145
>>
>>499037
Go suck some eurodick then you stupid traitor cuck
>>
>>499159
stfu sandnigger
>>
File: butthurt.jpg (55 KB, 500x495) Image search: [Google]
butthurt.jpg
55 KB, 500x495
>>499154
>>499159
>>
>>498965
>That caused a massive çomar butthurt
Why? They really wanted that shopping center?
>>
File: Türkiye.jpg (62 KB, 475x356) Image search: [Google]
Türkiye.jpg
62 KB, 475x356
>Is Ataturk universally popular in Turkey, or only in the Western part + the cities?

only in Istanbul amongst the european oriented liberal youth.

Turkey proper is more supportive of actual turkish traditional values and not that kemalist western bullshit.
>>
>>499200
>be çom
>lose argument
>cry
as expected
>>
>>499200
>Turkey proper is more supportive of actual turkish traditional values

Riding on horses and burning cities?
>>
File: readImage (1).jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
readImage (1).jpg
17 KB, 480x360
>>499213
>>499215
>butthurt
>KEK

in case you didn't notice, we are in the government, you butthurt idiot.
>>
>>499215
I wish.
>>
>>499215
>çomars
>turkish culture
çomars are sandniggers. they want to live like their arabic brothers.
>>
>Ottomans BTFO by the West
>Ataturk decides to rebuild his nation
>Removes kebaba from government and turns Turkey into the most modern middle eastern nation of the time
>Muslims get butthurt that they can no longer burn women and wipe their asses with their hands instead of toilet paper.
>Muslims push for more and more Muslim bullshit
>Turkey gets shittier and shittier
>Ataturk spins in his grave

This is my limited understanding of Turkish history.
>>
>>499240
This is pretty much what happened
>>
>>499240
apparently he didn't do enough reform if people shit on his values

>>499251
why don't you fight?
>>
>>499277
>why don't you fight?
We've been fighting since 2013
>>
>>499282
what is the situation? what parts of country aren't for Erdogan.
>>
>>499286
Western, Southern beaches, and some provinces near Georgian border aren't for Erdogan

and kurdistan ofc
>>
>>499292
Istanbul is pro Erdogan or against?
>>
>>499295
fifty fifty
massive çomar immigration to istanbul caused akp votes to rise. But kurds and turks still stand up against them.
>>
>>499295
>found it

so is there a strong anti AKP sentiment in Istanbul even to the point of autonomy, considering the protests and everything
>>
>>499297
also this Ihsanoglu as I read he was the sec-general of the Islamic Union. Is his party islamic oriented?
>>
>>499301
>so is there a strong anti AKP sentiment in Istanbul even to the point of autonomy, considering the protests and everything
Yes there is.
>>
>>499307
was a tactic of CHP to get çomar votes
unfortunately, didn't work.
>>
>>499301
>so is there a strong anti AKP sentiment in Istanbul even to the point of autonomy

Istanbul will never be autonomous, that is something brainwashed westernized youth hopes for though.
>>
File: JUST SPLIT MY KEBAB UP.png (221 KB, 1520x719) Image search: [Google]
JUST SPLIT MY KEBAB UP.png
221 KB, 1520x719
discuss
>>
>>499481
>Byzantine
>Pope

get the fuck out of here
>>
>>499481
>>499301
>>
>>499497
As long as it's not I*tanbul, I don't care how we call it senpai
>>
>>499481
>Constantinople and Roman Lands
>to the Pope

I want the Franks and Venetians to leave
>>
>ITT thinly veiled /int/ thread

Thanks guys, for contributing to /his/ being a quality board. :^)
>>
>>499563
wtf are you talking about, two turks discussing which history is the one to follow, the one of attatürk or the one of suleiman.
>>
>>499572
>you're a shitty turk
>no you're a shitty turk
>fucking mudslimes
>cuckcuckcuck

Basically /int/. /his/ is not about epic bants.
>>
>>499572
three*
>>
>>499575
it's the way turks talk, we have theme here in germany and it always sounds as if they are insulting each others mothers.

>>499588
which position is the third one?
>>
>>498585

Janissaries were definitely allowed to marry from the 16th century onwards which ended up causing massive problems. Rather than training the strongest and brightest from childhood it turned nepotistic and fathers would push their sons into the corps because of the prestige and political power they enjoyed, so it ended up bloated, corrupt and a massive liability for the sultans

ironically enough they should have just stuck to kidnapping kids from the balkans
>>
>>499606
Ataturk
>>
>>499606
You don't understand me. /his/ is for the discussion of history. Not the discussion of modern events and views. Not attacking other anons because they hold other opinions than you.

Discussing /his/tory.

>>498889
This is not a contributing post.
>>498908
This is not a contributing post.
Nor are
>>498881
>>498871
>>498865
>>498853
>>498851
>>498845
>>498830
>>498825
Etc.

Mods please delete this thread.
>>
>>499481
I just can not understand why people think turkey should give its land to armenians and kurds. Turkey fought for this land, they spilled their blood to regain the occupied regions while the armenians and kurds basically did nothing, and now they want turkey to give the land the turks bought in exchange for their blood, for themselves? This is just not right, why is the west sucking the dick of armenians and kurds so much?
>>
>>499627
Spede kill yourself
>>
>>499636
>while the armenians and kurds basically did nothing
>Armenians
>did nothing
Don't you know Cilician armenians who fought against Seljuks for 200 years?
And they were quite successful
>>
>>499649
That was centuries ago though
>>
>>499662

>Kurds
>Pro-Western

just wait until the Pentagon finds out they're all commies

we'll probably start arming Assad
>>
File: 1330503175722.gif (496 KB, 180x208) Image search: [Google]
1330503175722.gif
496 KB, 180x208
>>499240
>This is my limited understanding of Turkish history.

And it's people like you that make /his/ such a shitty misinformed place.
>>
>>499689
No. People that don't want to learn make /his/ a shitty misinformed place.
>>
>>499689
>implying /pol/ didn't take over this board

Fuck dude I just can't take it anymore
>>
>>499516
>America, Israel, Armenia
>good

>western culture

Has nothing to do with moral values.

>Western values,
Values are universal things - they are not defined not should be described by geography.

Maybe I can use logic that you can understand to make something clear to you.

Shit for brains, arrogant, ignorant, degenerate = You
>>
>>499701
Honestly, the /pol/ isn't unbearable, seeing as they get BTFO nearly every thread they try to derail. It's just all the constant /int/ shitposting.
>>
>>499240
This is surprisingly accurate.

Fuck Erdogan.
>>
>>499703
yes, values are not described by geography

but the Western World, culture and civilization is still far greater than everything else combined.

Hell, the US alone is way better than every non-western country combined. What do you have, huh? Some old ass ruins? Mosques? Fucking KEK.

Long live the fucking West, with America (The Greatest country of all time) at its center.
>>
>>499739
>cuck
>cuck cuck cuck
not him.
go back to toruchan, sikik
>>
>>499739
>you fucking degenerate cuck

Love me some /pol/-tier shitposting.
>>
But Erdogan saves people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKPC9VIEr5M

[spoiler]before sentencing them to death[/spoiler]
>>
>>499754
staged
>>
>>499754
Its obviously staged, but AKP idiots will believe anything to defend their great "sultan"
>>
>>499766
this reminds me of vatniks of Russia
>>
>>499739
I'm actually German, but yes, it is my biggest dream to become an American Citizen one day.
>>
>>499813
i hope merkel loses the elections
it is really sad to see Europe's transformation into Islamic South Africa
>>
>>499481
>Constantinople and Roman lands under direct jurisdiction of the pope
>under jurisdiction of pope
[Venetian hand rubbing intensifies]
>>
>sandnigger this
>sandnigger that
>cuck cuck cuck cuck euroboo
Jesus fuck, you two Turks are worse than /pol/

Why not have a proper discussion without insulting each other all the time? You're full of logical fallacies
>>
>>499916
not them but have you ever tried to discuss something with a muslim?
muslims have thick heads
>>
>>499916
Thats Turkey, between east and west. Atatürk made a schism in the society that only now is becoming an essential problem, which will unfortunately evolve into something far more worse than now.
>>
>>499933
any of them*
>>
So it took an essentially white Balkan man to civilize the brutish Anatolian hordes into something somewhat resembling a modern country, which the eastward Muslim dregs still resent. Of course, at the end of the day, you are all sand-coloured and living in a Muslim country, so I suppose it doesn't matter much.
>>
Fuck all kurds fuck all armenians turks will rise again TURKEY STRONG
>>
>>499994
back to pol
>>
>>499995
Who took >>499999 ? and >>500000 ?
>>
>>500029
499 999 reporting in
>>
>>499933
yes I have and they're open for discussion most of the time

You're categorizing large groups of people like a two digit IQ idiot
>>
File: Qo4mQ.png (174 KB, 1167x1222) Image search: [Google]
Qo4mQ.png
174 KB, 1167x1222
>>500072
:DDDD
>>
>>498130
Delete this Jew Genocidal Alcoholic Maniac
>>
>>500142
>>toruchan
>>
>>499934
didn't know that, is there a posibility of the European part of Turkey with Istanbul as the main city separating from the mainland, and forming an own state.
>>
>>500150
>>499301
>>
>>500150
It would take A LOT for that to happen. The Turkish state would pew pew them with guns.
>>
>>500155
so not only the european part, but the whole litoral region as well`?

how realistic is it that this happens if the AKP keeps hoarding power?
>>
>>500163
not really realistic. Turkey had 2 erdogan like leaders before (one of them was executed). Nothing will happen
>>
>>500148
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>500172
so we can assume that Turkey is going to become more of an islamic-oriented state.
>>
>>500181
No. That is not realistic either
>>
File: gsi2-overview-1.png (23 KB, 290x778) Image search: [Google]
gsi2-overview-1.png
23 KB, 290x778
>>500190
>>
>>499002

>Has "ü" in his keyboard.
>No "ş".

Yep, you are from Germany.

It is hilarious and enraging how the most retardedly reactionary fucks you see on the internet are some expats who leech off of European countries while talking shit on the internet about Islamic countries becoming too Westernised.

Kill yourself.
>>
OP here,

My understanding was that perhaps Ataturk went too far and too fast with his reforms, yet it was 'shock treatment' which in general worked well.

Regarding what values and so on is native, delving into the pre-history, I'm none the wiser on this.

1) The problem in a sense, or 'riddle', is that Turkey largely Anatolian & Mediterranean in racial character, but the Turkmen w/e you want to call them, had such a huge impact on the language, and pushed people who previously resided in the interior, outward to the coasts.

It doesn't make sense that all of Anatolia was Hellenic in character, and then there was a switch. Surely there were native with their own habits and way of life, this got mixed with the invading Turkmen, more by example than genetic impact, and then this melting pot successfully made it's home everywhere in what is now Turkey.

2) re; modern Western values, Taiwan, Japan, HK are thoroughly Asian in character yet they still have open modern societies. And are they all 'socially degenerate' as well? Seems to me Turkey and maybe Syria have the right idea on how to be a modern state. I don't think it's selling out to the west to latinise the alphabet. Membership of NATO and the EU is more problematic on the 'selling out' front.
>>
>>500162
>>500172
>>500181
>>500190

Can someone describe the factions in Turkey?

For example, whose side are the military on? Weren't they very pro-secular in the past? Is that changing?

And the foreign ministry?

There is not huge disagreement on economics among the parties, it's more emphasis on nationalism, militarism, religion? Kind of like Ireland where the parties draw differing lineages from the 1920s, but all essentially agree on the role of the state in the economy.

It's a pity we can't discuss these things in /pol/ without it turning into a 'who is white' debate.
>>
>>499636
KILLING PEOPLE IS THE ONLY FAIR WAY TO OWN LAND. Fuck off, their is nothing honorable about people taking over other people's land through war, just like how there's nothing honorable about using terrorist attacks to further your political cause. Who ever wins, wins, no one just deserves that land you Ottomanboo.
>>
>>502225
-Can someone describe the factions in Turkey?
There are 2 (or 3, homever you like to look at it) nationalist party's (is that how you spell it?
The AKP, the governing majority party,is right wing,islamist and neo-ottoman in ideology, they also love to sell every bit of land that was nationalized.On military, since Turkey has a history of Junta and such, The AKP has always been on top of keeping good relationships with the military whist keeping them in line.Beign the lead islamist party, they love arabs, especially the filthy rich ones with no morals.(Saudi arabia,UAE,Qatar and the like)

The MHP is a pro turkish,islamist(albeit less then AKP) and somewhat more of a fascist oriented right wing party.They also have good relationships with the military, but rather then keeping them inline MHP would love to see the military go batshit crazy over everyone.They arent a very popular party mostly because of the shit they have pulled off before.As for foreign relationship,they really dont care.

I am sure as a westerner you have heard of the HDP.They are a leftist sounding Kurdish national party, also communist's.That all really, they are part of the PKK, so they arent really that popular, only kurdish nationalist and edgy liberal teens love them.They obviously hate the military and love the peshmerge, and also LOVE to suck up to western media about how oppressed they are whilst burning towns and killing civilians(albeit the turkish government is doing the same thing to them kinda)

And than there is the CHP, the party you will vote for, not because you suport them, their ideals nor their leader, but because they are the only significant party left to vote.They are pro-western,kemalist and left leaning.They are pretty indifferent when it comes to the military and want to be part of the EU and build of friendship with the west.
>>
>>502393
There is also 2 minority party's
Saadet party,the only party that can manage to be MORE islamist than AKP, which is actually just hilarious.They arent really gaining more supporters as there really isnt any good reason why people should vote for them instead of AKP.

There is also the Communist party, they keep changing their name so thats how i am gonna adress them.They do, you know, communist stuff.Hate the military,love the guerilla(DHKP-C, not the kurdish PKK).Help with worker strikes and organize movements and whatnot.They are actually pretty hardworkers in istanbul, but nowhere else really.They can homever, join the elections nation wide since they have enough members, something that saadet cannot do.Their numbers are actually rising, mostly because people are losing hope on CHP, the AKP ruthlessness towards workers (construction workers and miners die here on a daily basis, the worker basically has no guarantee over his life),the islamist extremist movement and the influence the harsh realities of the middle east is having on blue pilled liberals.
>>
>>499636
>Turkey fought for this land, they spilled their

Thats cool and all, they died for that land but their descendants don't really live there.

All I'm seeing that turks really love their big country, but hate kurds, who have absolute majority in the Eastern parts, where no turk lives, so it begs the question: why the fuck it worth to keep up with hating each other for hundred of years, instead of letting a land, which you are culturally not really attached, to go?
>>
>>502515
>Thats cool and all, they died for that land but their descendants don't really live there.
what do you actually mean
>inb4 there are no turks in turkey fallacy
>>
>>502575
He's talking about the Kurdish majority parts of Turkey, dingus.
>>
>>502575
oh wait i actually didn't see kurd part
my bad, call me a retard
>>
>>502515
>why the fuck it worth to keep up with hating each other for hundred of years, instead of letting a land, which you are culturally not really attached, to go?

How many votes will a Turkish politician win, by conceding 25% of the nation's landmass?
>>
>>502515

Nobody hates Kurds here, they even have their own political faction in turkey with 15% of all voters, they are respected and most turks don't mind them, some even see them as brothers. Turks hate PKK, a terrorist organization supported by the west because muh opressed people, which sadly let to conflicts with turks and kurds again.

>>502359
Did the kurds liberate turkey from France and England? Did the kurds build roads, houses, schools, trade centers etc in their regions? Do the kurds protect the region with police and military force from PKK attacks? Did the predecessors of the kurds rule this part of the country? No they didn't and they don't. The kurds have done practically nothing, some don't complain while others say MUH PKK MUH KURDISTAN which is complete fucking bullshit considering how they did nothing to earn this part of the country but live there.
>>
File: baba.jpg (19 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
baba.jpg
19 KB, 306x306
>>502869
>Nobody hates Kurds here, we just hate them when they want to be free

ffs, are you deranged or just an imbecile
>>
>>503134
>free
>terrorist attack on innocent civilians
>d-don't hate them guys they just want to be free
>>
>>503593
if you massacre them every couple of years, describe them as "mountain Turks", do not give them their right to practice their own traditions and have their own identity, bann their political parties, embargo their villages and towns, don't give them human rights, like self-determination,

you shouldn't act fucking butthurt when they fight for their freedom. kurdistan is already a reality, just like kosova, bosnia, croatia, slovenia, montenegro, macedonia were in the balkans.
>>
>>498130
Did he do anything wrong?
>>
>>503700
>read the thread

he apparently created a westernised portion of turkish society with his european reforms, that is now fighting with the more traditional islamic people over who gets to govern turkey. Erdogan is the leader of the anti-ataturk position and the traditional islamic stance, while the pro-ataturk people are protesting in Istanbul since 2014.

this looks like a start of a new civil war t.b.q.h. f@m
>>
>>503622
I agree that what turkey did to the kurds since 1921 was wrong, but it was nice to see that turkish-kurd relations were improving from 1991 onward, with HDP gaining seats in the goverment and the lift of ban for kurdish culture and language.

>embargo kurdish villages
Villages that were supporting PKK who were causing a lot of trouble for turkey and its people and halting all progress in turk-kurd relationship.
>>
>>503622
>kurdistan is already a reality, just like kosova, bosnia, croatia, slovenia, montenegro, macedonia were in the balkans.

and all of their 'freedom movements' were funded and supported by none other than Turkey.
>>
>>503622
Turks don't hate kurds, as of right now turkey is even supporting the kurds in iraq in their fight against ISIS and has been supporting them for years, the only kurds that they dislike are the PKK supporters, which is not wrong considering how PKK has been terrorising Turkey for years now
>>
File: 98b.gif (561 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
98b.gif
561 KB, 625x626
>>504074
>as of right now turkey is even supporting the kurds in iraq in their fight against ISIS

get the fuck out you joker
>>
File: Erdogan_ISIS_text.jpg (85 KB, 588x429) Image search: [Google]
Erdogan_ISIS_text.jpg
85 KB, 588x429
>>504074
>Turks don't hate kurds, as of right now turkey is even supporting the kurds in iraq in their fight against ISIS

so you are one of those comar guys the anon was talking about
>>
Who to hell thinks that Kurds want independence like those balkan countries? They want autonomy.

There even are nationalist Turks who support Kurdish independence, that is with population exchange similar to the one from 1923.
>>
>>504094
>>504097
Are you guys retarded?

Why are you guys talking about shit you dont know anything about?

Turkey is allied with the KDP, Barzanis party, who has the most influence in norh Iraq. You can even look up their civil war. Turkey has been supporting them with buying their oil/gas and training their fighters.

Just shut the fuck up, idiots.
>>
ingilizcem yetmedi :(
>>
>>504094
>>504097
Its true anons, look it up. Turkey loves Iraqi kurds and hates PKK kurds, the kurds that fight in Syria right now
>>
>>504094
>>504097
Except that Barzani actually is a corrupt retard and that Erdogan is on his side.

Turks do hate Kurds though.
Thread replies: 180
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.