[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there are people in this board RIGHT NOW that unironally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: memexstirner.png (9 KB, 233x216) Image search: [Google]
memexstirner.png
9 KB, 233x216
>there are people in this board RIGHT NOW that unironally believe that this braindamaged meme philosopher that was abused as a child wasn't just a crazy old man spitting out his thoughts

HAHAHAHAHA, what the fuck
>>
>>493657
>abused as a child
sauce
>>
>>493663
>i have a bachellor in philsophy but I can't use google

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Stirner#Biography Here. Not only he was abused as a child but also he had a very sad childhood in general which of course made him a lunatic. He literally believes in ghosts. There's no way this paranoid can be taken seriously and whoever buys into his philosophy probaly didn't get attention from daddy and momma
>>
>>493670
it doesn't say he was abused, only that his father died at his late thirties and his mother remarried to a pharmacist.
>>
File: 1449610161756.png (9 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1449610161756.png
9 KB, 640x400
You sound pretty spooked :^)
>>
Quality shitpost. Fairly funny and barely noticeable as bait. A short OP makes it everything subtle, and the reddit tier filename helps too. 8/10
>>
>>493657
>crazy old man spitting out his thoughts
Maybe philosophy isn't for you anon
>>
>>493657
>Mackay claims he let his wife do what she wants
>defended letting his wife sleep with other men in an essay

Stirner cuckold confirmed.
>>
>>493716
he outright says that Stirner's wife fucked other men. Something like "not by the infidelity by god did the marriage fail!"
honestly mackay's prose is disgusting, but it somehow suits a faggot.
>>
>>493726
Well yeah, Mackay would have sucked Stirner's dick if he could. The amount of time he spends defending Stirner's honor is disgusting

Did he say that Stirner let his wife fuck around in his bio? I somehow missed that
>>
>>493738
well, for what it's worth, he was somewhat important in the defense of individualist anarchism being pulled into the many branches of anarchism that were gaining influence at the time
http://wn.rsarchive.org/Articles/Anarcy_index.html
>>
>>493745
That's cool. All I've ever read of Mackay was the bio on Stirner

In any case, I think I became more fond of Nietzsche after reading about Stirner. Stirner's philosophy comes across as a person with a shitty lot in life trying to deny life. I think Nietzsche contains the better parts of Stirner and does away with that stuff to be honest.
>>
>>493753
I really haven't read Nietzsche so I can't say anything, but Max Stirner's egoism really does away with *sniff* pure ideology.
>>
>>493657
>crazy old man
Didn't he died with only 49?
>>
kektopus
>>
>>493657
I believe he was just an ordinary cuck. Thinking he's some kind of great intellectual and stuff.
>>
>>493716
I'm not sure why people get so hung up on this. He outright says he thinks morality is an absurd fiction. So what exactly is the charge here? That a man who thinks morality is nothing to be concerned with wasn't concerned with morality? What a fucking shock.
>>
>>493753
How was Stirner trying to deny life?
>>
>>493716
real anarchists don't care.
>>
>>494118
>real anarchists don't care
Then why do you fight the State?
>>
>>494160
real anarchists don't care about being cucked.
they don't think a woman is "their" woman.
>>
>>494210
oh, it looks you bited it. since you're in my hook, how about a quick question and answer?

>why are you using the true scotsman fallacy?
>don't you understand the concept of loyalty and that it is essential for a mammal like the human?
>>
>>494234
Not that guy, but loyalty is only essential in so far as it is useful. Stirner clearly didn't mind (and in fact, with the one at least, didn't even want to have sex with her) and so loyalty was a non-issue.

In an egoistic conception, valuing monogamy can be entirely valid (reminder: spooks are not invalid things to value just because they're spooks, it's only when they possess you and become something that dictates your life, rather than something you dictate that it becomes an issue) for reasons of personal pride, or just health and hygiene concerns. But at the same point in time, if you don't care, you don't care.
>>
Modern philosophy is shit tier anyway. Kant, Schopenhauer, Hegel, Nietzsche etc. were fucked up people and their teachings are nearly impossible to practise and have a lot of holes in their logic. I don`t know why Kant is taught almost religiously at schools, maybe because it is interesting to pick apart all the bullshit that`s in his works.

Philosophy started, peaked, and ended with the Greeks. The Romans basically just adopted greek teachings and everything after that is a steaming pile of shit.

And don`t get me started on utilitarism
>>
>>494234
loyalty is one thing. adultery is another thing. monogamy is another one.
I think jealousy is more harmful than being cucked. jealousy, the fear of being cucked, is terrible.
Accepting that a vagina is not your exclusive is way more healthy my friend.
You know, an Austrian generals said about Italian loose sense of 'loyalty'
"You must let your woman dance with other people. The important thing is that she come back"
If she come back. good. If she doesn't, it's cool anyway.
I am not using the true scotsman fallacy. Anarchists have very few strong principles, one of these is to have a critical idea on propert. Jealousy is very similar to being entitled to 'own' someone, so, even if they do exist, I think anarchist shouldn't be worried by the fear of becoming a cuck
>>
>>493657
>just a crazy old man spitting out his thoughts
That's the definition of a philosopher you dolt
>>
>>494672
kek
>>
>>494672
+1
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.