[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Historical escapism thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: Desert_Temple.jpg (153 KB, 1024x703) Image search: [Google]
Desert_Temple.jpg
153 KB, 1024x703
Choose a place and period to live in and an occupation. Also, assume the past fits your ideal.

I think pre-Islamic Arabia would be bad ass. Imagine living in pic related and being a high-priest/wizard/sage. Pretty comfy to me.
>>
>>493036
Year: 2015
Place: Lichtenstein
Pretty much best combo when choosing from the past only.
>>
>>493036
probs a scholary rich rome citizen with scars from campaign in gaul and now fucking slaves and feast for a living
>>
Hitler, between his rise to power and the point where the war started going badly. Am I allowed to do things differently? I wouldn't declare war on America.
>>
File: Doncaster_Race.jpg (64 KB, 450x335) Image search: [Google]
Doncaster_Race.jpg
64 KB, 450x335
1870s as a British Aristocrat
>>
>>493118
>Am I allowed to do things differently?
No, this isn't a "what if" thread. Share comfy existences.
>>493094
No matter how rich you are, you can't go to present day Saudi Arabia get drunk in public with local women and then have an orgy.

Locals have been infected with Islamic puritanism. So, you may not get beheaded, but local women will stay away from any debauchery you wish to partake in.
Being idle rich in modern times is still awesome though, but can't take away the feels.
>ywn visit the Parthenon when it was new, ywn be a fisherman sailing the Mediterranean catching fish that don't have mercury in them, ywn be inside a Ziggurat or see the hanging gardens of Babylon
>tfw Anatolia is ruled by Muslims.
>>
>>493110

The only correct answer.
>>
>around 55,000BC
>cruise round Europe, Asia, Africa and the Mid East with my Neanderbro crew
>no job, no law, just the tribe and the open road
>cuck fuck out of weak ass homo-sapians when ever we see them

>quickly realise how much hotter not covered in hair homo-sapian bitches are, and start fucking them exclusively
>my species goes extinct within a couple thousand years
>>
Super comfy thread OP

Hands down a Norman invader alongside Willy boy or one of the Norwegian crusaders who goes with King Sigurd in the 12th century.

>sail around for 3 years
>kick the shit out of muslim pirates
>genocide half a Spanish city
>party with Sicilians, king makes the duke a king because he's such a bro
>come upon muslim pirates on cove. Trap them in their cave and burn them alive
>get to holy land and smash Saracen ass
>bro king takes us to Constantinople where we party some more
>have opportunity to join varangian guard and live the rest of my life luxury
>OR go home and watch my bro king go insane
>>
>>493036
Being a white middle class guy during the 50's in America.
>>
>>493036
>Also, assume the past fits your ideal.
EISEGESIS. EISEGESIS EVERYWHERE.
>>
>>493352
corrected that for you anon

>sail around for 3 years, turns out it was 9
>get shit pushed in by muslim pirates
>get shit pushed in by spanish peasants
>get shit pushed in by sicilians, our king has to suck cock in order to let us free
>get kidnapped and used as fuccbois by muslim pirates in the fuckden
>get shit pushed in by Saracens
>get some menial crap job that sees no combat but they are in need of someone that can also be used as fuccbois when having nothing else to do, the byzantine king is nice to us, he cleanses his dick, sicilians didn't do that
>finally get home, wife was fucked and ravaged by fellow viking 'bros', daughter carries a baby of a niggerslave they brought with them just for the fucks. decide to tell them of my glorious fights and adventures to keep them by my side as long as I can. Decide to name the grandson Olaf, he'll get white... eventually.
>>
>>493394
Sauce pls
>>
>>493110
Damn, took the words out of my mouth.
Breed various slaves from all over the world and go to the forum to debate some pleb over philosophy, then go home and feast and breed said slaves again.

2comfy4me
>>
>>493372
Muh buzzwords
>>
>>493443
I'm sorry you're incapable of the high levels of discourse expected here. It is a technical term in the interpretation of texts.
>>
As historians, or at least history-fans, surely the only time we'd want to see is a time that we can know nothing about from records today.

So the Indus Valley before Indo-Europeans swept them aside, Nigeria immediately pre-iron, North America, the Mississippi valley, in 1450, and so on.
>>
File: ooga booga.jpg (28 KB, 577x435) Image search: [Google]
ooga booga.jpg
28 KB, 577x435
Basically, the old world anytime before syphylis
>>
United States between 1900-1925. Everything was happening then. Great hope for the future, everyone was possible. (With the exception of WWI and post-war Europe) everything was rocking. Jazz! Flappers! Real gangsters (many considered folk heros.) What an amazing time it must have been to be alive.
>>
Japanese zaibatsu executive in 1920s Korea
British nobility in Victorian Britian
Chinese nobility in Song China

fuck working
>>
Year: The Timespan of living Jesus.
Place: The Philistines.
Reason: There is a small number of biblical historians. Who support the historical truth of an advent of Genocide at the time of Jesus. A secret code depicting a secret history at the fall of the second temple. The desecration by the hands of the Romans on the Philistines. The Romans when they invaded a place they razed the whole area. They did not like the Arameaens or the Canaanites at all, however, if they were Roman citizens that is a different story. It is said that they masterfully withdrew all bones from the Philistines. And in place put the bodies of Romans under roman rites in place of the Philistines. It is said that out of the 10 or 12 tribes around 3-5 of the tribes were entirely genocided. The others converted to Christianity or Pagans. They must have done something very bad for certain tribes in the philistines to have been completely wiped off. It is said that in the book of revelations there is an encryption that states, that any jew from the future, that says is a jew, is not a jew. they were completely wiped. It is impossible.
>>
>>493524
Year: Until after the fall of the second temple.
>>
>>493524
So any legal matter of truth cannot be disputed under Israel or any kingdom. But history of the philistines.
>>
1560, France, king.
A lot of missed opportunities at that time.
At worst I get to mass murder protestants.
>>
>>493524
According to consensus. They also buried Scythians in the Philistines. They may have betrayed Roman trust and sided with another Kingdom, Parthians. So the Romans showed them hell. The complete removal of information. Damage to history to be made aware by a jury per eternal trial. They also believed three kingdoms came for the Philistines. The Romans, The Parthians...
>>
File: runestone3.jpg (670 KB, 1024x835) Image search: [Google]
runestone3.jpg
670 KB, 1024x835
Trying to find my preferred balance between comfy and grand.

>>493110 is hard to beat, but perhaps I'd be a Saxon housecarl/thegn in England during the Vendel Period. Vikings haven't totally fucked us yet, and I get to see Anglo culture in its purest form. I'd be something of an officer in the Jarl/King's military and a court official. My goal would be to have a runestone erected on my honor.
>>
Pre-European contact Hawaii
> tropical paradise
> based fauna
> above average mythology
> naked qt's everywhere
>>
>>493592
To practice false entitlement based on a faulty history in order to rob people is the worst thing in the Roman law book. They'd kill a whole country who practiced that, not only to keep legal disputes clean but it is the worst form of treason.
>>
>>493193
>you can't go to present day Saudi Arabia get drunk in public with local women and then have an orgy.
Why do that in Saudi Arabia when I could do it here in America on any Thursday night I want, and have modern healthcare to boot?
>>
>>493036
>being a high-priest/wizard/sage
You mean being a peasant living in people's shit? That's more likely by many factors

>>493094
Oh I see we're just deciding to be lucky comfortable people throughout a history that was mostly suffering. Enjoy your "escapism" thread, I guess this isn't for me
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.