[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know Charles Darwin never said this, but how true is this quote
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 28
File: mPctE.png (165 KB, 900x450) Image search: [Google]
mPctE.png
165 KB, 900x450
I know Charles Darwin never said this, but how true is this quote about Africa? Did sub Saharan African never build anything other than huts?
>>
>>489183
>Africans never mined Diamonds.
Why the fuck would they? It is a shiny rick with absolutely no practical value.
Are we seriously judging a culture on whether or not they have the exact same culture as us to the point that they need to believe a rock in the ground with zero use needs to be mined, just like we believe for some reason.
>>
>>489183
>Why the fuck would they? It is a shiny rick with absolutely no practical value.
Diamonds have tons of practical uses but even then, they've started using them industrially in the 70's or something like that.
>>
They "contributed" AIDS, Ebola and many deadly Plagues too.
>>
>>489199
He is basically angry at the blacks because the Rockefellers didn't jew them into thinking diamonds had real value.
>>
>>489227
>They "contributed" AIDS, Ebola and many deadly Plagues too.

U can only spread not create
>>
>>489192
Spotted the moral relativist
>>
>>489227
As a matter of fact prevalence of diseases in Africa and lack of cultivatable land are among the main reasons most African cultures didn't develop as fast as others in the world.
>>
>>489235
>being a historian without being a moral relativist
>>
>>489251
Relativism is full of shit. There are things that are good for the species and things that aren't. Cultural affiliations and identity politics have no bearing on this fact.
>>
>>489283
Yes, and diamonds aren't. They are just shiny rock with no real use outside of being shiny and able to cut diamond.
>>
>>489299
>They are just shiny rock with no real use outside of being shiny and able to cut diamond.
They are the hardest(toughest?) thing we know which makes it very good for precision cutting high-toughness materials(like silicone crystals).

They are also used as semiconductive material for high-power uses, can be also used as insulators in very specific situations.
Also Roentgens

Again, this is all pretty modern technology that has no right to exist in pre-indsutrial society but saying they're worthless is overstatement.
>>
>>489318
Can't you smash diamonds with a hammer?
>>
>>489323
Brittleness is something wholly different than toughness.
>>
>>489299
The traditional symbolic and aesthetic uses that diamonds have been put to are not without consequence either. We are a psychologically complex species benefiting much from striking forms of artistic expression and beauty. There are scientifically demonstrable reasons for its value as an aesthetic resource alone.
>>
>>489232
AIDS were factually created by African through having sex with monkeys
>>
>>489477
>through having sex with monkeys
no
>>
File: theyouth.jpg (1 MB, 1106x2521) Image search: [Google]
theyouth.jpg
1 MB, 1106x2521
>>489183
Your thread:
>Some racist said X. Prove me wrong! :^)

/his/ sticky:
>/his/ is not /pol/, and Global Rule #3 is in effect. Do not try to treat this board as /pol/ with dates. Blatant racism and trolling will not be tolerated, and a high level of discourse is expected.

Do you see where you went wrong, OP?
>>
>>489495
No
>>
File: Khamiruins3.jpg (199 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Khamiruins3.jpg
199 KB, 640x480
>>489183
>Did sub Saharan African never build anything other than huts?
I don't know, you tell me
>>
>>489688
>Khamiruins
>ruins

proof that black architechture was inferior to european
>>
>>489283
Why are things that are "good for the species" objectively good? Who and how defines what is good for the species without circularity?
>>
>>489235
its a moral imperative to dig up decorative rocks?
>>
File: pacific_migrations.gif (63 KB, 700x414) Image search: [Google]
pacific_migrations.gif
63 KB, 700x414
>>489183

I think the fact that Madagascar was settled by Polynesians rather than Africans should answer your question.
>>
>>489495
>i love seeing women fucked by niggers and i self-insert as her husband watching it

did you see where you went wrong in life, anon? the op never implied this shit

your deal resembles that one faggot on /lit/ who immediately tagged anyone with a slightly conservative view as some supreme-gentleman evola worshipping nazi kike
>>
If you seriously believe Sub-Saharan Africans were just lounging around in huts and loincloths for tens of thousands of years, then you don't know much about the continent.
>>
>>489227
Are you ignoring the Black Plague that ravaged Europe? What in the world does disease have to do with anything?
>>
Obviously no.

Why would you trust a Klansman's word on the history of black africa any more than a BLM lunatic's opinions about european history?
>>
>>489235
Mate, there's nothing inherently valuable in a diamond in itself, it's not moral relativism, it's common sense.
>>
>>489235
Blah blah blah.

"Diamonds are valuable because I say so"
>>
File: 14419425.jpg (113 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
14419425.jpg
113 KB, 1024x768
Sir Darwin was wrong. The Fasil Ghebbi castle in Ethiopia.
>>
>>489477
No, it spread from consumption of poorly-cooked monkey meat.

IIRC there is some evidence that people have had sex with other apes before, though. Something like the pubic lice found on humans and chimpanzees being the same species.
>>
File: 2ztm0b8.jpg (57 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
2ztm0b8.jpg
57 KB, 640x480
Ancient city of Kerma, dated as far back as 7500 BCE. Most of the city builty after 3000 BCE.
>>
>>490354
No one said it wasn't, only that africans had stone architecture
>>
File: mosque.png (411 KB, 624x420) Image search: [Google]
mosque.png
411 KB, 624x420
The Djenne mosque.
>>
>>490885

And the Antonine plague and the Cyprian plague and all these other plagues that aren't as popular as the black one.
>>
File: zimbabw.jpg (51 KB, 550x412) Image search: [Google]
zimbabw.jpg
51 KB, 550x412
Ruins of Zimbabwe.
>>
>>489477
No. It was created by natural selection. It spread to humans by consumption of monkey meat and contact with it's fluids during preparation
>>
File: Nubia_pyramids1.jpg (124 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Nubia_pyramids1.jpg
124 KB, 640x480
Nubian pyramids.
>>
File: 14junoo.jpg (44 KB, 638x425) Image search: [Google]
14junoo.jpg
44 KB, 638x425
Some more Nubian pyramids.
>>
File: 1.1277424982.bet-medhane-alem.jpg (102 KB, 550x413) Image search: [Google]
1.1277424982.bet-medhane-alem.jpg
102 KB, 550x413
Bet Medhane Alem in Ethiopia.
>>
>>490904
Darwin never said that quote. The quote itself is from a KKK Grand Wizard or whatever their stupid titles are.
>>
File: 4823918928_5a8ff04e7d_z_d.jpg (106 KB, 640x472) Image search: [Google]
4823918928_5a8ff04e7d_z_d.jpg
106 KB, 640x472
Sankore University.
>>
Gedi ruins.
>>
More Gedi ruins.
>>
>>489183
NAH
>>
File: HRECa.jpg (174 KB, 920x690) Image search: [Google]
HRECa.jpg
174 KB, 920x690
The Sebara Dildiy in Ethiopia.

Point is, they had a little more than mudhuts. I think the general ignorance a lot of people have towards Africa may be due to a lack of exposure, but I never understood why some would make the assertion that they only made huts. If you don't know then you don't know, but some people act as if they do know otherwise.
>>
>>489183
What about the accounts of the arabs, chinese and greeks that came in contact with african kings who were basically covered in gold, shite gems and controlled large commercial hubs?

Why Edgyptians would call the Nubians a neighboring empire filled with riches that went far to the east if it wasn't true?

What about the buttload of money you could make by moving salt through the desert?

Is more like there's a lot of things that we don't know or haven't studied clearly.

I for one did not remember half of the pictures in this thread, and honestly did not know the other half at all.

With the 3 cities found that used to belong to early native Americans in the US, probably the only ones that I know didn't build were Australian aboriginals, and that might be because we still haven't found their shit yet.

Well, that and hidden Amazonians, but those guys see the world differently than us, and their need for shelter is less because there's almost no seasonal changes there.
>>
>>489183
Depends on what you compare them to, if you compare negroes to pygmies or other sub saharan races they are int he same but if you compare them to xeno europeans and asians you will find huge leaps as leaps behind species.
>>
>>491386
Can anyone translate this into English?
>>
>>490955
Looks roman to me
>>
>>489183

Diamonds really aren't useful for a primitive civilization. We have industrial uses for them now, but none that would apply to an early civilization There is no reason to mine them.
>>
>>491442
Ethiopia's architecture were influenced by Roman architecture in a few ways.
>>
File: 1412974688906.png (108 KB, 400x381) Image search: [Google]
1412974688906.png
108 KB, 400x381
I can never tell if this stuff is just innocent ignorance, or malice
>>
>>489183
Not true, Africans did built some civilizations, but none of them were that impressive nor did they last that long
>>
>>489235
Explain your train of thought because I can't understand it without it just being batshit insane.
>>
>>489283
>There are things that are good for the species and things that aren't.
Oh fuck off, if you really bothered with what was good for the species you wouldn't have kids nor drive a car or eat meat.
>>
>>489192
But in southern Africa they did dig up diamonds.
Lubunga I believe had a box full of them.
>>
>>489183
Darwin never said this.
>>
>>490915
The French funded the reconstruction but the architect was indigenous.
>>
>>489183
oh for fucks sake
>>
>>489183
The Nok culture in Nigeria discovered iron smelting independently of Europe although I don't remember at which time period they did this (it was around the same time as the Iron Age iirc) or whether they count as Sub-Saharan.
>>
>>490955
Could just be a lack of written accounts. Are there any ancient books about african history, or is everything we know pieced together from ruins?
>>
>>492315
>Nok

Roughly on par with Europe - 1000 BC at the earliest, which is a few centuries after the first iron in Europe, but a good half millenium before iron reached every part of Europe.

What's interesting about the Nok is not only that ironworking seems to have been independently developed there (not the case for Europe, to which ironworking spread from Asia) but there's no evidence of a bronze culture preceding it - the Nok culture is basically a direct transition from stone to iron/steel.

>or whether they count as Sub-Saharan.

Nigeria is south of the Sahara, so it's sub-Saharan.
>>
File: Rick_sarcastic.jpg (44 KB, 238x285) Image search: [Google]
Rick_sarcastic.jpg
44 KB, 238x285
>>489192
>A shiny rick
>>
>>490955
>I think the general ignorance a lot of people have towards Africa may be due to a lack of exposure

also for the past century or two europeans pushed the africans have no history meme and that they were all living like the people you see on postcards and the discovery channel before the white man came to the continent. Most people still believe this, hell, you even had the president of France pushing the 'africans have no history' meme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s32eInxqubw
>>
>>492341
>or whether they count as Sub-Saharan.

isnt this kinda meaningless when discussing african history? especially since black africans used to live what is now the sahara desert(and the desert has continuously grown)?
>>
>>490904
Ethiopians and Somalians are not considered Subsaharan.
>>
>>489688
Great Zimbabwe was built by jewish merchants, not native blacks.
>>
>>492341
>What's interesting about the Nok is not only that ironworking seems to have been independently developed there (not the case for Europe, to which ironworking spread from Asia) but there's no evidence of a bronze culture preceding it - the Nok culture is basically a direct transition from stone to iron/steel.

>believing that is possible.

I hope you aren't that stupid
>>
>>489183
>>
>>493192
Another example of jewish architecture.

Please stop pushing the "we wuz great zimbabwe" meme.
>>
File: 1416385861261.png (33 KB, 899x547) Image search: [Google]
1416385861261.png
33 KB, 899x547
>>493195
>Great zimbabwe was built by mythical historical peoples that may or may not have existed because muh niggers
>>
>>490955
It's the cunts at these feed the hungry where they just have to film some sad looking black people to make a bunch of money that want you to think they are all living in mud huts and starving while fending off lions.
>>
>>493208
>>Great zimbabwe was built by mythical historical peoples that may or may not have existed because muh niggers
They exist even today you stupid nigger

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemba_people
>>
>>493222
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemba_people
from that link

As evidence of a prehistoric link between the Lemba and Zimbabwe, Gayre notes the following:[45]

Models of circumcised male organs were found at Great Zimbabwe; (the Lemba appear to have introduced that practice into southern Africa);[12]
The Lemba bury their dead in an extended rather than a crouched position – i.e., in the same style as in certain Zimbabwean graves, where gold jewellery confirmed an association with the ancient civilisation;
The old Lemba language was a dialect of Karanga, which is spoken today in the Masvingo area of Zimbabwe; (thus, the Lemba female ancestry was probably derived from the MaKaranga). Gayre asserts that the ancestors of the Lemba were likely responsible for the construction of Great Zimbabwe.
But, the majority of scholars generally agree that Great Zimbabwe was built by the Shona people as part of the 13th-century kingdom of Zimbabwe. It was successor to the earlier Kingdom of Mapungubwe, also known for its complex stone ruins.[46]
>>
>>493231
To add to that, this "Gayre" is a dude that practically everyone called a white suprematist and scientific racist, even in his own time.
>>
>>493231
>But, the majority of scholars generally agree that Great Zimbabwe was built by the Shona people as part of the 13th-century kingdom of Zimbabwe.
Funny how there's no citation for that claim.

"The majority of scholars" formed their opinions before it became known that the Lemba had significant jewish ancestry.
>>
>>493234
Oh he's one of those evil nazi types? His opinion can be discounted, only thinkers of the marxist post colonial variety should be allowed to voice their opinions.
>>
>>493237
Consider that this evil nazi types proof of jews building Great zimbabwe consists of a few crouching corpses, and models of circumcized dicks.

Not anything related to the actual structure. Not as if the Kingdom known for its complex stone ruins that inhabited the area moreso than the Lemba people built anything ;)
>>
>>493252
>Consider that this evil nazi types proof of jews building Great zimbabwe consists of a few crouching corpses, and models of circumcized dicks.
Are you semi-illiterate? Read this, you fucking moron : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemba_people#DNA_testing
>>
File: 1439581106086.gif (2 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1439581106086.gif
2 MB, 300x225
>>493272
>Models of circumcised male organs were found at Great Zimbabwe; (the Lemba appear to have introduced that practice into southern Africa);[12]
The Lemba bury their dead in an extended rather than a crouched position – i.e., in the same style as in certain Zimbabwean graves, where gold jewellery confirmed an association with the ancient civilisation

>n-no you see this has something to do with their dna you stupid nigger
>>
>>493287
I repeat, are you semi-illiterate?

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemba_people#DNA_testing

Since you seem to have an IQ in the low 70s, I'll copy paste the relevant bits

>Genetic testing supports some Lemba oral traditions related to origin of male ancestors in the Middle East.[35] A Y-DNA genetic study in 1996 of 49 Lemba males suggested that more than 50% of the Lemba Y-chromosomes are West Asian in origin, and shared by both Arabs and Jews.[8]

>A subsequent study in 2000 found that a substantial number of Lemba men carry a particular haplotype of the Y-chromosome known as the Cohen modal haplotype (CMH), as well as a haplogroup of Y-DNA Haplogroup J found among some Jews, but also in other populations across the Middle East and Arabia.[37][38] The genetic studies have found no Semitic female contribution to the Lemba gene pool.[39] This indicates that Israelite men migrated to Africa in ancient times and took wives from among the local people while settling in new communities.

>Among Jews the CMH marker is most prevalent among Kohanim, or hereditary priests. As recounted in Lemba oral tradition, the ancestor of the Buba clan "had a leadership role in bringing the Lemba out of Israel" and eventually into Southern Africa.[40] The genetic study found that 50% of the males in the Buba clan had the Cohen marker, a proportion higher than found in the general Jewish population.[41] While not defining the Lemba as Jews, the genetic results confirm the oral accounts of ancestral males originating from outside Africa, and specifically from southern Arabia.[42]

BUT MUH CROUCHING POSITION DAS RAYCIS WE WUZ KINGZ N SHEEIT
>>
>>490816
>implying Africans didn't make it to the Americas
>>
>>493303
im not arguing if the lemba people were jewish or not kek
>>
>>493308
So you admit that the lemba people are the descendants of a migration of jewish males into southern africa?
>>
>>493306
>implying Africans didn't make it to the Americas
they did make it in chains :^)
>>
>>493310
sure
>>
>>493348
So why do you believe that the Lemba who CLAIM to have built Great Zimbabwe, didn't build it? Why do you believe that the Shona built Great Zimbabwe, despite them having no idea who built it (when asked by early european explorers they said it was the work of the devil).

Because WE WUZ KINGZ?
>>
>>493356
>It is so because they said so
So.. Africans really wuz kingz?
>>
>>492475
Shiny Rick!
>>
>>493182
Source?
>>
>>493151
yes they are
https://www.loc.gov/rr/amed/guide/afr-countrylist.html
>>
>>493356
>So why do you believe that the Lemba who CLAIM to have built Great Zimbabwe
fucking lol is this what counts for proof these days?
>>
>>493356
>>493303
Jesus Christ this is pathetic. Just because they had ancient ancestry from West Asia all of a sudden they're 100% PURE SEMITES. This is like a white guy claiming he's a native American just because he has an Indian great-great grandfather.
>>
>>493429
>fucking lol is this what counts for proof these days?
In addition to the archeological and genetic proof...
>>
>>493437
>In addition to the archeological and genetic proof...

that they built it?
>>
>>493434
>Just because they had ancient ancestry from West Asia all of a sudden they're 100% PURE SEMITES.
They had male ancestry from western asian immigrants who immigrated to Zimbabwe precisely at the time when Great Zimbabwe was built.

>This is like a white guy claiming he's a native American just because he has an Indian great-great grandfather.
Actually it would be more akin to, in a distance future where white south africans are extinct, zulus claiming to have built Johannesburg.
>>
>>493452
Archeological, yes, you already quoted them btw.

I'm curious, what proof is there that the native shona built great zimbabwe? I mean especially considering they themselves claimed to have built it...
>>
>>490890
+ Hominem, Why do it anon?
>>490904
Constructed in 17th or 18th century? Most developed parts of Africa is a full millennium behind the least developed parts of basically the rest of the world.
>>490915
Objectively disgusting.
>>490936
Yuk, another vaguely symmetrical lump of shit protecting a statue of a cheese grater, what a monument to degeneracy. Also, given how poor the history of Africa is, for all we know if was European slaves who built the things. They were Muslims after-all...

>>491879
To be honest anon, i just want to read a history that isn't some liberal circle jerk about how if i would suspend my "ignorance" for just a moment i would realize what is demonstrable untrue, that civilizations are in any meaningful way, equal. I think the Needham question is very interesting and in these current illiberal PC times no one is allowed to seriously attempt to answer it. These vogue progressive anti-intellectuals who have the audacity to think of themselves as serious historians seem to be even more insecure about the obvious shortcomings of Islamic and African civilizations. The arrogance and ridiculousness with which this revisionism is conducted explains the backlash, i.e) the very appropriate meme "WE WUZ KINGZ"
>>
>>493461
>shona built great zimbabwe
The shona didn't build it, their ancestors did.
>>
>>493465
>their ancestors did.
[citation needed]
>>
>>493468
The majority of scholars believe that it was built by members of the Gokomere culture, who were ancestors of modern Shona in Zimbabwe. A few believe that the ancestors of the Lemba or Venda were responsible, or cooperated with the Gokomere in the construction.[10][11]
>>
File: Shona-Culture.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
Shona-Culture.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1944
>>493455
> who immigrated to Zimbabwe precisely at the time when Great Zimbabwe was built.
Which doesn't explain why similar stone-building sites older than Great Zimbabwe were being built all around the area and into southern Mozambique, meaning the people there were building before these Jews arrived.

If you saw these people today you'd just say "lolniggers", but because their ancestors put some rocks together people rush to try and explain they're actually secret Semites.
>>
>>493473
oops my bad theyt didnt build the stone structures
>>
>>493473
>The majority of scholars believe that it was built by members of the Gokomere culture,
[citation needed]
What proof?

>>493476
Yes, they watered down their genes by breeding with local dindus. And subsequently, their civilization collapsed. I think there's a lesson to be learned here.
>>
File: Uulu_Kwadele.jpg (26 KB, 400x263) Image search: [Google]
Uulu_Kwadele.jpg
26 KB, 400x263
>>
File: atlas_map_smaller.jpg (79 KB, 660x564) Image search: [Google]
atlas_map_smaller.jpg
79 KB, 660x564
>>489183
>>
>>493483
>Yes, they watered down their genes by breeding with local dindus. And subsequently, their civilization collapsed. I think there's a lesson to be learned here.
Did you fall on your head as a child? The 'dindus' were building before the West Asians arrived, and continued to build long after they were assimilated. It was the arrival of the Portuguese and Arabs that destroyed them.
>>
>>490816

Amazingly, people develop ships when they're in places with plenty of islands close to each other.

It's no surprise that the Polynesians developed seagoing ships before Africans, just look at the geography of the places they lived.
>>
>>493496
>The 'dindus' were building before the West Asians arrived, and continued to build long after they were assimilated.
[citation needed]
>>
>>493185

You need tin and copper deposits nearby to have bronze.

Greeks didn't move to iron in earnest until the trade networks that brought tin and copper together.
>>
>>493303

This anon is saying that the alleles that grant higher intelligence are currently present in African populations. And judging by how long ago they were introduced, they're probably everywhere by now.
>>
>>493521
not him but please, quit being lazy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemba_people#Construction_of_Great_Zimbabwe

But, the majority of scholars generally agree that Great Zimbabwe was built by the Shona people as part of the 13th-century kingdom of Zimbabwe. It was successor to the earlier Kingdom of Mapungubwe, also known for its complex stone ruins.[46]
>>
>>493521
Since we're using Wikipedia as sources
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Mapungubwe
>The largest settlement from what has been dubbed the Leopard's Kopje culture, is known as K2 culture and was the immediate predecessor to the settlement of Mapungubwe.[3] The people from K2 culture, probably derived from the ancestral Khoi culture, were attracted to the Shashi-Limpopo area, likely because it provided mixed agricultural possibilities.[4] The area was also prime elephant country, providing access to valuable ivory. The control of the gold and ivory trade greatly increased the political power of the K2 culture.[5] By 1075, the population of K2 had outgrown the area and relocated to Mapungubwe Hill.[6]
>>
>>493462
>Constructed in 17th or 18th century? Most developed parts of Africa is a full millennium behind the least developed parts of basically the rest of the world.

As of 1500 AD, Africa was maybe 2000 years behind Eurasia. The most sophisticated parts of Africa were far ahead of the least sophisticated parts of Eurasia.
>>
>>493531
>not him but please, quit being lazy
You would notice that the sentence "But, the majority of scholars generally agree that Great Zimbabwe was built by the Shona people as part of the 13th-century kingdom of Zimbabwe. " is not supported by a citation.

So please provide a citation
>>
>>493462
>+ Hominem, Why do it anon?
It's not ad hominem to call someone a Klansmen when they're literally a high ranking member of the KKK. Learn what words mean before trying to use them.
>>
>>493549
>" is not supported by a citation.
because it was sourced earlier

ut, most academics of this field agree that the construction of the enclosure at Great Zimbabwe is largely attributable to the ancestors of the Shona, who were first to displace the indigenous San people from the region.[23]
>>
>yfw the most primitive people in Africa are descended from west asians
>>
File: Bashar_al_Assad.jpg (382 KB, 1001x1000) Image search: [Google]
Bashar_al_Assad.jpg
382 KB, 1001x1000
>post yfw Africas most primitive people are that way because they have middle eastern blood
>>
File: Civ5techtree.jpg (140 KB, 1200x750) Image search: [Google]
Civ5techtree.jpg
140 KB, 1200x750
>>493185

>I hope you aren't that stupid

The real world isn't a fucking videogame.
>>
>>493676

European blood. Neanderthal.
>>
>>489183
>he never dreamed of a harness, cart of sled
Don't know how true this is, there were plenty of pastoralists in Africa before Europeans came. I'm sure some of them had harnesses, at least. I know they didn't have the wheel in the Kongo, though.
>he never made an axe, spear, or arrowhead worth preserving
No, they had iron and copper working, they were able to make weapons for their troops when the Portuguese arrived to the Kongo.
>In a land of stone and timber he never sawed a foot of lumber, carved a block, etc.
I don't know about African masonry, but they definitely could produce pretty impressive wooden objects and wood houses. It was cheaper to make thatched roofs, and mud is a good insulator, so it's very cool, better than a wood house.
>and yet he never dreamed a sail
To be fair, the waters along the sub-Saharan African coast are a total bitch to navigate. I think it's telling that no Europeans made contact with sub-Saharan Africans until the 14th century.
>diamonds
lol ok Africans didn't like shiny rocks.
>>
File: fuckoutta.jpg (52 KB, 479x523) Image search: [Google]
fuckoutta.jpg
52 KB, 479x523
>>493462

>objectively disgusting

lirl

>for all we know

DAMN THESE FACTS AND TRUTHS JUST KEEP ROLLING IN
>>
>>493705
>Don't know how true this is, there were plenty of pastoralists in Africa before Europeans came. I'm sure some of them had harnesses, at least. I know they didn't have the wheel in the Kongo, though.

The wheel was only invented once. Ever.
>>
>>493222
>Both Arabs and Jews share this DNA, but the Cohen Modal Haplotype, an indicator of Jewish ancestry, has been found among the males of one leadership clan at rates even higher than in the general Jewish population.
Conformed for Lost Tribe
>>
File: Peridot Gesturing.gif (585 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Peridot Gesturing.gif
585 KB, 480x270
>>490515
Yes you Crystal Cuck.
>>
>>493222
>>493808

You guys know that useful alleles spread through the population rapidly, even as the haplogroups that are used to track genetic distance do not. Yes?

So if Jews are supposed to be smarter than Africans, they would have introduced those genes when they went to Africa, and if they were useful (and intelligence is ALWAYS useful, no human population selects against it), they would have spread to all of Africa in a very short time.

If the theory about the Lemba being related to the Jewish people is correct.
>>
>>493798
Bullshit, Mesoamericans and Andeans had wheels, they just never used them for carts, and I'm sure some of the Eurasian wheels were invented independently like in China.
>>
>>493843

Okay, then twice.

http://www.livescience.com/18808-invention-wheel.html

This is a good description of why it's so hard to invent. It has to be a quantum leap, and it's only really SUPER useful once you combine it with roads, which only ever come about when you have long distance markets or bureaucracies.
>>
>>493185
>I hope you aren't that stupid

Do you seriously believe that bronze is somehow a necessary precondition to working iron?

In the entirety of sub-Saharan Africa, there are literally only two sites where evidence of pre-historic copper production has ever been found, at Chauves-souris in Mauretania and in Cuivre II in Nigeria, but both locations were dated to the first millenium BC, which means they probably don't significantly predate Nok ironworking and may in fact have come afterwards. Zero evidence for copper smelting has been found anywhere else in West Africa, which is pretty incredible when you consider how much fucking copper and bronze you can find in the archaeological record in Europe or the ME.

It's not a question as to whether it's "possible." Archaeologists are still debating whether the Nok independently invented ironworking or whether it came from across the Sahara, because truly ironclad evidence is hard to come by, but what's not up for debate is the transition of the material culture directly from stone to iron.
>>
>>492340

>implying blacks write/read
>>
>>493462
>I think the Needham question is very interesting and in these current illiberal PC times no one is allowed to seriously attempt to answer it.

Speaking of insecurity....

http://www.economist.com/node/17733177?story_id=17733177
>>
>>491879
>I can never tell if this stuff is just innocent ignorance, or malice

It's fear.
Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.