[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"Blessed be God's name? Why, but why would I bless
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: holocaust3.jpg (35 KB, 400x299) Image search: [Google]
holocaust3.jpg
35 KB, 400x299
>"Blessed be God's name? Why, but why would I bless Him? Every fiber in me rebelled. Because He caused thousands of children to burn in His mass graves? Because he kept six crematoria working day and night, including Sabbath and the Holy Days? Because in His great might, He had created Auschwitz, Birkenau, Buna, and so many other factories of death? How could I say to Him: Blessed be Thou, Almighty, Master of the Universe, who chose us among all nations to be tortured day and night, to watch as our fathers, our mothers, our brothers, end up in the furnaces? Praised be Thy Holy Name, for having chosen us to be slaughtered on Thine altar?" - Elie Wiesel

how do you respond?
>>
File: laugh-pink-sherbert-photography.jpg (226 KB, 630x421) Image search: [Google]
laugh-pink-sherbert-photography.jpg
226 KB, 630x421
>personal gods
>>
Right, I meant Umbtah Jumba, God of Turmoil and Death
>>
File: 1387824655586.jpg (99 KB, 900x1344) Image search: [Google]
1387824655586.jpg
99 KB, 900x1344
>>
Auschwitz, Birkenau, Buna were all created by men
>>
>>486001
Elie Wiesel is a fucking subhuman liar though
He is notoriously know to be an impostor who never set a foot in a camp
An actual survivor knew the dude who actually beared the number Wiesel claim to have had, and he called him on his bullshit
>>
>>486160
>lies and falsehoods
you seem angry, breh
>>
>>486160
http://www.henrymakow.com/translated_from_the_hungarian.html
>>
>>486070
God either had the power to stop it but didn't, and is therefore not benevolent, or did not have the power to stop it, and so is not omnipotent. Checkmate religion
>>
If there were a god, then He would have finished the job.
>>
>>486214
Parents let their kids fight. One of them might bruise a knee. The parents could have prevented that, but chose to let their child carry the responsibilty for his/her actions. Autonomy.
This doesn't mean that the parents are benevolent, nor does it mean that they lacked the power to stop it.

Checkmate atheists
>>
>>486250
The Jews are God's chosen people. Retard.
>>
>>486255
God is omnipotent, he can instilate the will not to fight within men
Parents can't do that with their children
>>
>>486259
Jews were abandoned by Yahweh in 160 A.D..
>>
>>486273
If a parent could control their child's behaviour, actually doing so would infringe on that child's autonomy. Maybe God respects this autonomy.
Just an idea
>>
>>486288
That's what you get for killing Jesus
>>
>>486255
>Timmy and Jimmy start throwing punches. Timmy's dad stands there and watches. Suddenly a loud 'crack' rings out. Timmy's arm is broken. Jimmy keeps fighting. Timmy's dad stands there and watches. Timmy starts screaming at Jimmy to stop but he won't, so Timmy starts screaming at his dad to help. Timmy's dad stands there and watches. A horrific scream rings out as Jimmy gouges out one of Timmy's eyes. Jimmy squeezes the eye in his fist and it turns into a goo, then Jimmy kicks Timmy square in the nuts while he is lying on the ground clutching his face. Timmy's dad stands there and watches. Another kid called Sam hears all the commotion and runs over and breaks up the fight. Timmy's dad stands there and watches. Jimmy complains that his clothes are ruined because their covered with blood. Sam lends Jimmy the money to buy new clothes. Timmy's dad stands there and watches.
>>
>>486259
That doesn't mean He doesn't send them to Hell when they don't believe in Christ
>>
>>486310
Well, the holocaust wasn't successful, now was it?
>>
>>486214
Well first we must know that G'd concept of benevolence is different than of man.
The question would be:
Who defines what is good ?
The answer would be G'd not man.
>>
>>486001
OT God doesn't always refer to NT God look into Gnosticism OP

Humans are subject to consequences of their own actions, so think of that when they cause religious war and persecution, they do not live God, they have ever a different motive that doesn't even concern themself with God.

You shouldn't blame God for your problems, man up and see that you are responsible for what you done / need to do.

God bless
>>
>>486293
>Maybe God respects this autonomy.

Im okay with that as long as he isnt gonna judge what people do with that (since its heavily dependent on the context God made them come to life in)
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.