[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
european religions thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: av0PLpq_700b.jpg (201 KB, 700x1001) Image search: [Google]
av0PLpq_700b.jpg
201 KB, 700x1001
jeshua fags gtfo
>>
>>472112
Happy yule and fuck the kikes
>>
>>472112
Why is Zeus and Jupiter grouped together as if they are the same person?
>>
>>472138
They are the same person, their name is even cognate
>>
>>472142

Were your mother and father brother and sister?
>>
>>472112
who the fuck is Svarog?

sounds badass though
>>
>>472112
blue dominates the risk board
>>
>>472149
a slavic deity of the heaven, the father of the sky. however I doubt he was considered supreme, at least the Serbs worshiped Perun who crafted lightning and thunder according to Procopius of Caesarea in his writings in 550 A.D.

>For they believe that one god, the maker of lightning, is alone lord of all things, and they sacrifice to him cattle and all other victims; but as for fate, they neither know it nor do they in any wise admit that it has any power among men, but whenever death stands close before them, either stricken with sickness or beginning a war, they make a promise that, if they escape, they will straightway make a sacrifice to the god in return for their life; and if they escape, they sacrifice just what they have promised, and consider that their safety has been bought with this same sacrifice. They reverence, however, both rivers and nymphs and some other spirits, and they sacrifice to all these also, and they make their divinations in connection with these sacrifices.
>>
>>472147
What?
>>
>>472212
He implicated that you likely are inbreed and as a result of this completely retarded.
>>
>>472142
Were your mother and father brother and sister?
>>
Stop with Svarog already he's literally mentioned once in an obscure source. It's the liturgical equivalent of a rare Pepe. Don't take a meme for a God.
>>
File: 1413229545325.jpg (19 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1413229545325.jpg
19 KB, 306x306
>>472247
it backfired, indeed he is now the retard
>>
>>472266
>no you
>>
>>472197
You are right Perun was the supreme god in the slavic pantheon (at least in pre christian "Russia" can't really speak for other slavs separated from us geographically). I imagine he is not thought of as supreme by people because of his resemblance to Thor in some ways who is not the supreme deity of the the Norse pantheon so people assume the same for the Slavic pantheon.
>>
File: svyatogor.jpg (218 KB, 913x932) Image search: [Google]
svyatogor.jpg
218 KB, 913x932
>svarog
>perun

not based svyatogor
>>
File: o.jpg (10 KB, 231x244) Image search: [Google]
o.jpg
10 KB, 231x244
>>472292
but I am not that anon, I am just the anon that commented on his stupidity
>>
File: 20b02mo.jpg (34 KB, 716x405) Image search: [Google]
20b02mo.jpg
34 KB, 716x405
>>472112
>>472197
>>472265

interestingly we all, greeks, romans, germanics, slavs, worshipped the same guy... the elektro-god.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.