[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this is a philosophical question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: 287947-19.jpg (229 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
287947-19.jpg
229 KB, 500x750
what is a perfect leader?
>>
Too broad question.
>>
>>471222
answer it subjectively, in your own point of view
>>
>>471214
politically or militarilly?
>>
>>471231
politically, but you can answer and I would like to hear for both
>>
>>471214
>>471238
Someone who can increase the quality of life for their people while also increasing the power of the state without wasting it on disastrous wars.

Eastern Roman Emperor Basil the II is a good example.

Politically he stabilized the empire, halted religious conflict, and also was an effective military leader.

He was a great military leader for having a great grasp of tactics and destroyed the Bulgar threat.
>>
File: 4695-707996.jpg (53 KB, 400x540) Image search: [Google]
4695-707996.jpg
53 KB, 400x540
>>471214
Comrade Stalin.
>>
>>471254
If he wasn't a disgusting commie maybe
>>
>>471250
>Eastern Roman Emperor Basil the II is a good example.

a non national and a low-caste, considering Basil was of Armenian or Slavic (Finlay, Tobias, Treadgold) ancestry and from a peasant family, is in your opinion irrelevant as long as one posseses merit.

>Comrade Stalin.
do you consider his internal policy or his external policy one of the more prominent sides of his governance and why?
>>
>>471214
God
>>
File: 1432770.jpg (408 KB, 450x640) Image search: [Google]
1432770.jpg
408 KB, 450x640
>>471273
Armenians were an important part of the ERE, to call them a non national or a foreigner makes no sense as the East Roman Empire, was just that, an Empire.

He came from ethnic groups that were loyal or part of the Empire, and while in power created or used works to justify his leadership. Therefore he was a good leader, so was most of the Macedonian dynasty.

If I was high, I'd try arguing Justinian was a good leader but today just doesn't feel like that.
>>
File: So spoke zaratustra.jpg (27 KB, 627x265) Image search: [Google]
So spoke zaratustra.jpg
27 KB, 627x265
>>471214
a charismatic technocrat, with enough inherent resources to develope a global industrial conglomerate, giving him enough merit to lead a country for the sole interest in securing a good stock for his future endeavours be it of technological, scientific, philosophic or social nature.
>>
>>471314
considering OP probably meant what is one today, and not what was a perfect leader. I'll have to say, something in this lines aswell.
>>
>>471338
>>471314
The best leader today would be a fascist that could stamp out degeneracy and turn their nation into a militaristic authoritarian state.

Then use its superior power to stamp out the rest of the decadent liberals.
>>
>>471366
>The best leader today would be a fascist that could stamp out degeneracy and turn their nation into a militaristic authoritarian state.

best leader for a decadent liberal belonging to a national minority? or the best leader in a wet fantasy where you belong to the rulling caste?

when discussing these questions please use the Categorical Imperative (Kant) else this would regress pretty fast into a /pol/ shit spill.
>>
>>471366
How to spot a pol with minimal understanding of politics.

>muh liberals
>muh degeneracy
>>
>>471214
today considering the situation of his country, Putin.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.